El Heat

Talk about the world of sports here. And also a sub-forum to talk about anything else.

El Heat

Postby winner-within » Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:32 am

Had fun watching D-Wade shut down the Veteran last night...Kobe comes out firering and then Bam! Wade and leBron put him in check...Kobe goes 7 for 21 AND THE HEAT WIN :wink: heat finally got a few threes out a Miller and Bibby and played well down the stretch..Yes!

Oh yea Kobe comes back out and shoots for 90 minutes...Needs his head checked...all that was, was look at me!
"It doesn't matter who scores the points, it's who can get the ball to the scorer" - Larry Bird
winner-within
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 4069
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:08 am

Re: El Heat

Postby thatguy422 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:21 am

The Heat still won't get a championship this year.
thatguy422
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 333
Joined: Tue May 06, 2008 10:40 pm

Re: El Heat

Postby cubsfan » Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:32 am

If you keep the Heat out of the open court they have a hard time scoring. I don't think the Heat will win a title this year. It takes time for teams to gel. I think this team will win one in the near future though.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame
 
Posts: 1394
Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2006 3:29 am
Location: North Dakota USA

Re: El Heat

Postby bballfan7 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:01 am

cubsfan wrote:If you keep the Heat out of the open court they have a hard time scoring. I don't think the Heat will win a title this year. It takes time for teams to gel. I think this team will win one in the near future though.


Agreed, when they get stuck running their half court offense they just give it to lebron or d-wade and it just turns into an iso play.
bballfan7
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 489
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2007 5:22 pm

Re: El Heat

Postby winner-within » Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:36 pm

Thats why they need the threes from Miller and Bibby, Chamlers...Like the other night against the Lakers...Opens up the lanes and spreads the D for Lebron and Wade to attack....If this team syncs up and the chemistry is developing they will be real dangerous.
"It doesn't matter who scores the points, it's who can get the ball to the scorer" - Larry Bird
winner-within
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 4069
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:08 am

Re: El Heat

Postby winner-within » Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:33 pm

San Antonio who??
"It doesn't matter who scores the points, it's who can get the ball to the scorer" - Larry Bird
winner-within
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 4069
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:08 am

Re: El Heat

Postby BasketballMind » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:07 am

It's too bad the Heat will have to beat the Celtics & Bulls first before they'll get to the Lakers or Spurs. The roster and style isn't championship level. Lebron had a better chance with the style of team he had in Cleveland, just didn't have enough talent.

The Heat are a team built to win the NCAA tournament, not the NBA finals. Bibby and Mike Miller aren't going to shoot like that all through a playoff run, IMO. There is a reason the Hawks got rid of Bibby when they right in the mix to go deep in the playoffs. The Heat were just scrambling to find anyone to fill out their roster. The only reason the Celtics got Troy Murphy is so the Heat couldn't have him I think. He won't play more then 10 minutes a game unless someone gets hurt, not in Doc Rivers rotation plan from what I've been reading.

I've always been a D-Wade fan so I like to see him do well. As far as your comment about Kobe doing all that for "look at me", probably fair. But from someone with LeBron James who had to make a simple decision into a primetime television event as his profile picture to say that, seems a little hypocritical.
User avatar
BasketballMind
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 118
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:43 pm

Re: El Heat

Postby winner-within » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:41 am

BasketballMind wrote:It's too bad the Heat will have to beat the Celtics & Bulls first before they'll get to the Lakers or Spurs. The roster and style isn't championship level. Lebron had a better chance with the style of team he had in Cleveland, just didn't have enough talent.

The Heat are a team built to win the NCAA tournament, not the NBA finals. Bibby and Mike Miller aren't going to shoot like that all through a playoff run, IMO. There is a reason the Hawks got rid of Bibby when they right in the mix to go deep in the playoffs. The Heat were just scrambling to find anyone to fill out their roster. The only reason the Celtics got Troy Murphy is so the Heat couldn't have him I think. He won't play more then 10 minutes a game unless someone gets hurt, not in Doc Rivers rotation plan from what I've been reading.

I've always been a D-Wade fan so I like to see him do well. As far as your comment about Kobe doing all that for "look at me", probably fair. But from someone with LeBron James who had to make a simple decision into a primetime television event as his profile picture to say that, seems a little hypocritical.



Well one thing I'm not is hypocritical and Kobe is the worst at begging for attention.. I actually don't think Kobe has as much left in the tank as he and his fans thinks he does, there are alot of young, real good players about to take over the lime light in the NBA. I'm wondering where you get that LeBrons decision was "simple" How many times in NBA history has the best player on the planet Become a free agent after playing for his home state for 7 years. Heck they could have made it a weekly series and people would have tuned in every week just to see what shoes he was wearing. Thats how it goes when your a superstar.
"It doesn't matter who scores the points, it's who can get the ball to the scorer" - Larry Bird
winner-within
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 4069
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:08 am

Re: El Heat

Postby BasketballMind » Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:30 pm

Michael Jordan wasn't worth all the attention LeBron the "self-proclaimed" king gives himself. I'm not denying that Kobe the attention either, but who doesn't in the NBA? I just was making a point that you single out Kobe for doing that when you are a Lebron fan doesn't really make sense.

Look at a guy like Kevin Durant who I would agree is one of the young guys that is stealing Kobe's limelight. He quietly accepted a 5-year extension with the Thunder over the summer. Didn't make a big deal about it, just signed it, shut his mouth, and kept on playing. Then when Sports Illustrated wants him to be on the cover of their NBA preview he said he didn't want to be on it by himself and gave two of his teammates that don't get much publicity, Thabo Sefalosha and Nenad Kristic, spots right next to him.

I'm not saying it's been easy for LeBron to be humble, constantly having a camera in his face, constantly being compared to Jordan, Magic, and all the greats of the NBA since he was in high school. I'm just not a fan of how he handled the situation this summer, because not even you can deny he knew he was going to the Heat the second the Cavaliers were eliminated from the playoffs.
User avatar
BasketballMind
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 118
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:43 pm

Re: El Heat

Postby winner-within » Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:49 pm

BasketballMind wrote:Michael Jordan wasn't worth all the attention LeBron the "self-proclaimed" king gives himself. I'm not denying that Kobe the attention either, but who doesn't in the NBA? I just was making a point that you single out Kobe for doing that when you are a Lebron fan doesn't really make sense.

Look at a guy like Kevin Durant who I would agree is one of the young guys that is stealing Kobe's limelight. He quietly accepted a 5-year extension with the Thunder over the summer. Didn't make a big deal about it, just signed it, shut his mouth, and kept on playing. Then when Sports Illustrated wants him to be on the cover of their NBA preview he said he didn't want to be on it by himself and gave two of his teammates that don't get much publicity, Thabo Sefalosha and Nenad Kristic, spots right next to him.

I'm not saying it's been easy for LeBron to be humble, constantly having a camera in his face, constantly being compared to Jordan, Magic, and all the greats of the NBA since he was in high school. I'm just not a fan of how he handled the situation this summer, because not even you can deny he knew he was going to the Heat the second the Cavaliers were eliminated from the playoffs.


LeBron needs a new agent and Manager...Not somebody who is his best friend.....He needs a person who can Coach his Ego someone who can turn him into a Man with a bigger plan...his personality is twice that of Kobe and Jordan and Comparable to Magic's...he now needs to become the leader that he was in Cleavland along with Maturity...Kevin D was brought up right and that's the difference....The Heat will be LeBrons team by next season, If he wasn't letting Wade be a symmetrical part he would be leading heavily for his 3erd straight MVP...which I think he still gets over Rose.
"It doesn't matter who scores the points, it's who can get the ball to the scorer" - Larry Bird
winner-within
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 4069
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:08 am

Re: El Heat

Postby BasketballMind » Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:24 pm

Unless the Heat somehow catch the Bulls in the standings I don't see LeBron winning it this year. His stats aren't as impressive as they were in Cleveland, he's not running away with the regular season best record, and he and the Heat have not beat Chicago once time.
User avatar
BasketballMind
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 118
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:43 pm

Re: El Heat

Postby winner-within » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:02 pm

I actually think the Heat are more effective with wade on the Bench I said earlier during the lock out, that lebron will have to make this team his...and he does when Wade is sitting....when wade is out there, there is just to much superstar on the court.....Super Star meaning EGO....not like Durant and Westbrook
"It doesn't matter who scores the points, it's who can get the ball to the scorer" - Larry Bird
winner-within
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 4069
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:08 am

Re: El Heat

Postby Indy5 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:45 pm

winner-within wrote:Super Star meaning EGO....not like Durant and Westbrook

Westbrook has a pretty large ego. That's why he takes such bad shots sometimes because he desperately wants to be considered better than KD.
User avatar
Indy5
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 2231
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:21 pm
Location: Northwest ND

Re: El Heat

Postby winner-within » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:15 am

Indy5 wrote:
winner-within wrote:Super Star meaning EGO....not like Durant and Westbrook

Westbrook has a pretty large ego. That's why he takes such bad shots sometimes because he desperately wants to be considered better than KD.



I know what your saying......but Wade gotta ring with Shaq and Riley and granted he is the real deal, he and Westbrook best lay down and get in line because leBron and Durant are their only hope.

If you watch closely, the highlights of the Heat in their last game with Spurs....Lebron hits, what I call the snap three (he just snaps his wrist, and heads the other way, swish)................. then he hits the stroke three, where he hold his shooting hand up in the air like a goose head...sorta statue of liberty style....swish.

The man is Far beyond the Game itself...even at its highest level..
"It doesn't matter who scores the points, it's who can get the ball to the scorer" - Larry Bird
winner-within
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 4069
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:08 am


Return to Open Topics - Sports and other things

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest