Blake Griffin

Talk about the world of sports here. And also a sub-forum to talk about anything else.

Blake Griffin

Postby gobison » Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:37 am

Thoughts on the best rookie in the NBA?
gobison
NDPreps Starter

Re: Blake Griffin

Postby gobison#6 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:13 pm

He is a freak!
Hail the Bison!
gobison#6
NDPreps All-State

Postby Indy5 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:09 pm

I know he's still considered a rookie because he didn't play last year, but to me, he shouldn't be eligible for the award. He still got to be around an NBA organization and see all that happens and learn. It would be like comparing a QB who sat out his entire rookie year as the backup, then started his second year, to a rookie QB who started right off the bat.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:36 pm

I'm not going to make a final decision on Blake just yet (fiercely cocky) for a second year man...He's a force and he's in a tough position playing for the LA team that nobody really cares about.....but as far as self promotion he should snuggle up some to the Vets and the Media and Humble his attitude a bit, be a little more appreciative of his gifts and just play Ball.
If he gets to much recognition before he is actually there, just because he has over a hundred dunks...than he may get pushed back that much further when he slumps....go more gradually, hold something back and save an ace in the hole for when he has to....remember this is a brutal buisiness that can tear you down in a hurry. JMO
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Woodside » Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:16 pm

winner-within wrote:I'm not going to make a final decision on Blake just yet (fiercely cocky) for a second year man...JMO

How is he fiercely cocky? The guy has no emotion. He throws down on someone, and is expressionless. I don't think you'd see that from any other NBA player, they'd probably be beating their chests or at least give a smile. But Griffin? No.
Woodside
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bison football73 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:32 pm

i totally agree with this. i think there are waaaaaaaaaay cockier people in the nba then blake griffin. he dunks over someone and gives a little yell and thats it
bison football73
NDPreps All-State

Return to Open Topics - Sports and other things