Buck and Aikman

Talk about the world of sports here. And also a sub-forum to talk about anything else.

Buck and Aikman

Postby winner-within » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:31 am

Two twits...you think they were pulling for Pitt?
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Re: Buck and Aikman

Postby Hinsa » Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:56 pm

I watched the whole game and I didn't get that feeling. Buck seemed to emphasize the Steeler scores just as much as the Packer scores.

One thing that does happen in games is that when one team gets behind they subconsciously (or consciously for the sake of ratings) hope that the team behind makes a comeback and keeps the game interesting. So they may have gotten a little more excited when Pittsburgh started to make it close.

As for the twit comment, can you note any specifics that make you think they are so bad as an announcing team?
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby The Schwab » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:02 pm

Well I hate both of them, I've never liked Buck's analysis on anything and I feel that Aikman had 1 too many concussions. But I felt like they did an ok job during the game.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:03 pm

Hinsa wrote:I watched the whole game and I didn't get that feeling. Buck seemed to emphasize the Steeler scores just as much as the Packer scores.

One thing that does happen in games is that when one team gets behind they subconsciously (or consciously for the sake of ratings) hope that the team behind makes a comeback and keeps the game interesting. So they may have gotten a little more excited when Pittsburgh started to make it close.

As for the twit comment, can you note any specifics that make you think they are so bad as an announcing team?

Yea, I shouldn't be Calling names, They do their best I'm sure, and the rating thing makes sense...there is also the mentality that the Steelers don't lose in a Superbowl..
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndfan » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:11 pm

I can't stand Buck he ruins the world series for me every year. I think Aikman does a excellent job but then again I'm probably biased because I'm a cowboys fan and he was one of my favorites to watch when I was a kid.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Hinsa » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:27 pm

Once again, I'd just like to know what about Buck is so bothersome. Not trying to antagonize, I'm just curious because I find him pretty entertaining and easy to listen to.
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Return to Open Topics - Sports and other things