good, but down right annoying..NBA

Talk about the world of sports here. And also a sub-forum to talk about anything else.

Re: good, but down right annoying..NBA

Postby Schmidty22 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:36 pm

winner-within wrote:
gobison#6 wrote:
winner-within wrote:
Schmidty22 wrote:I hate the enitre San Antonio Spurs Roster

Me and you both...and I would bet right now that they wont Win a ring

Most of them already have rings. duh. But yeah Im not a fan of Duncan or Manu. They could possibly win the championship if they stay healthy.

No Rings in 2011, sorry didn't make that clear

There are too many powers in the east there is no way the Spurs win this year.
"I go out there and get my eyes gouged, my nose busted, my body slammed. I love the pain of the game."
Schmidty22
NDPreps Starter

Postby Schmidty22 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:39 pm

winner-within wrote:
Schmidty22 wrote:
winner-within wrote:everybody has their dudes, they cant wait to watch them and the next fan can't stand watching them...why?...they annoy.....or annoyed...past also

For me:
Lambier
Odem
Parker
for some reason, D. Howard
cant stand Juan Howard &
Robert Horry...
Reggie Miller,
Paul Pierce
Fisher
Kobe
Pau
Walton
Hate to pick on the Lakers
Malone
stockton

How can you hate on Stockton and Malone they did nothing but play their game throughout their careers no trash talk they just played the game.

Great Question...But I was Bull's fan, also they were almost "to by the book" per say...1 more decent player and they would have landed a Championship, but the 2 annoyed me.

I loved the Bulls then and still do now and obviously if they are playing one another you would like to see them lose.....but you have to admit they are one of the great one-two punches in NBA history Stockton's passing and Malone's scoring if they had another peice they would have challenged the Bulls in those times
"I go out there and get my eyes gouged, my nose busted, my body slammed. I love the pain of the game."
Schmidty22
NDPreps Starter

Postby Schmidty22 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:44 pm

Another player I think is really overlooked is Larry Bird when hear that name you hear of the white guy that could shoot. But after reading several books on Larry I am astonished at how much heart and work ethic the man had he did more than shoot he passed and was a fantastic rebounder he wasn't the fastest guy but he could go up and down with Magic and Michael and all the stars of that time in my eyes he might be the best player to play for the Celtics and although it might sound weird but i think he is one of the best players to ever step on the court.
Schmidty22
NDPreps Starter

Postby Flip » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:50 pm

Schmidty22 wrote:How can you hate on Stockton and Malone they did nothing but play their game throughout their careers no trash talk they just played the game.

I didn't like Malone because he was a flopper.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndfan » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:55 pm

Flip wrote:
Schmidty22 wrote:How can you hate on Stockton and Malone they did nothing but play their game throughout their careers no trash talk they just played the game.

I didn't like Malone because he was a flopper.

Who in that league doesn't flop?
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:01 pm

Schmidty22 wrote:Another player I think is really overlooked is Larry Bird when hear that name you hear of the white guy that could shoot. But after reading several books on Larry I am astonished at how much heart and work ethic the man had he did more than shoot he passed and was a fantastic rebounder he wasn't the fastest guy but he could go up and down with Magic and Michael and all the stars of that time in my eyes he might be the best player to play for the Celtics and although it might sound weird but i think he is one of the best players to ever step on the court.

Like Magic say's "Larry was the best on the ground and MJ was the best in the air"
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:04 am

ndfan wrote:Who in that league doesn't flop?

When I watched the Bulls and the Jazz I always remember thinking, "you don't see Jordan flopping." And there are so many NBA stars that don't flop.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:17 am

Flip wrote:
ndfan wrote:Who in that league doesn't flop?

When I watched the Bulls and the Jazz I always remember thinking, "you don't see Jordan flopping." And there are so many NBA stars that don't flop.

Malone was Dramatic...his stardom went to his head, same thing is happening to Howard (Dwight)
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndfan » Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:44 pm

Yao Ming being named starter for the all star game this year annoys me. What a joke! They should make it so those who are really deserving of making the team make it and don't get in just because they come from the most populated country in the world.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Schmidty22 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:39 pm

All the NBA all-star game is a popularity contest its whoever has the highest ego and resume that is who makes it not who plays the best its whoever can make convert that alley-oop or that behind the back pass its not based on skill-level
Schmidty22
NDPreps Starter

Postby winner-within » Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:35 am

Schmidty22 wrote:All the NBA all-star game is a popularity contest its whoever has the highest ego and resume that is who makes it not who plays the best its whoever can make convert that alley-oop or that behind the back pass its not based on skill-level

Well I know Yau has not an Ego or doesn't par take in to many Ally-oops....To me Pro Sports, from the beginning till now has been exactly the same, you dont think ty cob or Babe ruth or Wilt didn't have Ego's or someone there with a Hanky when they sneezed......the US population gets to judge and complain, the fans get to wear the Merchandise and argue who is best....but it all started when some White Man got way to Rich and wanted to own a team.....I watch the Patriots knowing the Ego's are huge...Brady, Belicheck, big time Ego's.....but they don't hold a candle to the Krafts sitting up in the box when it comes to arrogance or Ego's....

Hey, reality is, you can make allot of money playing pro sports.....truth is, is you still have to be real, real, real real......GOOD!!!...otherwise your done.....out of 1,000 college BB players in the US, only one makes the NBA.....bottom line, If we didn't have real, real, real... rich White men This world, we wouldn't have Black guys, White Guys and or any other ethnic group with Big Bad Ego's....Playing pro sports....all in all...I enjoy the reminisce of it all.... :)
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby bballfan7 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:27 am

The entire Magic team
The entire Spurs team
Anyone that has ever came from duke
Lebron
Kobe
Yao

Pretty much anybody that aint on the T-wolves and Celtics because those are the only 2 teams i can actually watch in the NBA.
bballfan7
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndfan » Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:12 pm

“You got a better chance of catching Bin Laden.”
—Kevin Garnett to a Lakers ballboy who asked for his autograph on a ball, according to Marc Spears of Yahoo

KG is a complete and total friend, he also annoys me.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby The Schwab » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:59 pm

ndfan wrote:“You got a better chance of catching Bin Laden.”
—Kevin Garnett to a Lakers ballboy who asked for his autograph on a ball, according to Marc Spears of Yahoo

If he honestly said that he is the dumbest guy in the NBA, what job would these idiots be able to do if there wasn't professional basketball? Bag groceries? They need to respect the fans and embrace them, since they pay their stupid huge salaries. Take a step back KG and realize where you came from.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:14 pm

ndfan wrote:“You got a better chance of catching Bin Laden.”

Was reading a Timberwolves forum and I heard the same there.

KG at one time was my favorite athlete. I can't stand him now. He is dirty player as he showed this weekend in the game vs the Suns.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:28 am

Never was KG fan, swears way to much on the court, seems he deals with a complex, he and kobe and Lebron Kemp, Malone, all could have used a little D1 discipline from the likes of Bobby Knight, or Dean Smith, Jim Boeheim...instead they opted to go right to the big league and their ego's bursted right in front of the people who pay their salary....sad deal!
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby gobison#6 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:59 pm

winner-within wrote:Never was KG fan, swears way to much on the court, seems he deals with a complex, he and kobe and Lebron Kemp, Malone, all could have used a little D1 discipline from the likes of Bobby Knight, or Dean Smith, Jim Boeheim...instead they opted to go right to the big league and their ego's bursted right in front of the people who pay their salary....sad deal!

You referring to Moses? Because the only Malone that has been talked about being annoying is Karl and Karl went to college, Moses did not. Just wondering if you have them confused or if you think Moses was annoying too?
Hail the Bison!
gobison#6
NDPreps All-State

Postby winner-within » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:50 pm

gobison#6 wrote:
winner-within wrote:Never was KG fan, swears way to much on the court, seems he deals with a complex, he and kobe and Lebron Kemp, Malone, all could have used a little D1 discipline from the likes of Bobby Knight, or Dean Smith, Jim Boeheim...instead they opted to go right to the big league and their ego's bursted right in front of the people who pay their salary....sad deal!

You referring to Moses? Because the only Malone that has been talked about being annoying is Karl and Karl went to college, Moses did not. Just wondering if you have them confused or if you think Moses was annoying too?

Yes Moses, not really annoying for me but he was, lets say incorrigible
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Previous

Return to Open Topics - Sports and other things