Did Everyone Forget About The NFL?

Talk about the world of sports here. And also a sub-forum to talk about anything else.

Did Everyone Forget About The NFL?

Postby thatguy422 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:02 am

No threads on here about the playoffs! Everyone must have forgotten?

Who do you pick?

AFC Championship - Steelers vs. Jets
NFC Championship - Da Bears vs. Packers

I HOPE the Jets win, but I think the Steelers will win the AFC Championship. The Steelers have home field advantage and have a lot of Veterans runnin around the field on defense, they've done it before and they know how to do it again.

I am biased in this next pick (big cheesehead) I would pick the Packers for the NFC Championship game based on a few different things. 1. They seem to have a running game in James Starks all of the sudden, hadn't been getting carries during the regular season but is running well in the playoffs. 2. The Bears record is a little deceiving. They should have lost the first game of the season but due to the "non catch" of Calvin Johnson they won that one. And 3 different games throughout the season they got the luxury of playing against the other teams 3rd string quarterback. Against the Dolphins, Vikings, and the second time they played the Lions. 3. Rodgers was insane last week, if he plays anything like he did last week the Packers will win.
thatguy422
NDPreps All-Conference

Re: Did Everyone Forget About The NFL?

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:22 am

SUPER BOWL
Steelers vs. Packers
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Indy5 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:37 am

I picked the Steelers because of a couple reasons. Big Ben is a great big game QB. I heard Michael Wilbon say on PTI today that if there is one QB he would trust in a game for his life, it be Big Ben. I also hate Rex Ryan so I really want to see the Steelers win. Plus, Polamalu is a machine.

In the NFC, I'm going with DAAA BEARS. I'll admit that Cutler is my favorite player so I have a little bit of a bias but I still think they're D is too good and Cutler is hot. Also, I think Hester is due for a runback.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby thatguy422 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:39 am

Indy5 wrote:I picked the Steelers because of a couple reasons. Big Ben is a great big game QB. I heard Michael Wilbon say on PTI today that if there is one QB he would trust in a game for his life, it be Big Ben. I also hate Rex Ryan so I really want to see the Steelers win. Plus, Polamalu is a machine.

In the NFC, I'm going with DAAA BEARS. I'll admit that Cutler is my favorite player so I have a little bit of a bias but I still think they're D is too good and Cutler is hot. Also, I think Hester is due for a runback.

I also hate Rex Ryan, much too cocky. But me being a Packers fan, I want the Jets to win solely because I think the Packers have a much better chance of beating them in the super bowl than they do beating the Steelers!

The weathers of the Packers Bears game could make a difference. It'll be interesting to see how it effects both teams.
thatguy422
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bballfan7 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:28 am

Well i picked Steelers over packers in the superbowl in the preseason so im gonna stick with that. I think the Steelers will win 27-21. I think Hester will run one back sunday to, but i also think cutler will have 2 ints and rodgers will play another great game I'm goin Packers 24-10 in that one.
bballfan7
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby winner-within » Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:31 am

Jets beat the Pack in the superbowl
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby scruffy » Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:23 pm

If the Pack can contain Hester to get some decent field position and are able to fluster Cutler then Green Bay should advance.
No whiners allowed! The journey is the reward!
scruffy
NDPreps All-State

Postby gobison#6 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:09 am

Green Bay vs. Pittsburgh in the super bowl. Thats my pick. Steelers over Pack in a close one.
Hail the Bison!
gobison#6
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndfan » Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:33 am

I'm gonna go with Steelers over Bears in a couple weeks.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:46 am

Rothlesscheeseburger and crew scabbed out again.....really dont like the jets.....but the 2 people who have "touched my heart" I know a little overboard for a football thread Ha Ha...since the playoffs begun are Rodgers and Rex...well Rex is going home...even 3 quarters of football let alone 4 would have gotten him a place in history....anyways I will say this, and I will have some serious $$$$ on this one.....The Pack win the Belt......and tomlin and the steel curtain melt down, like cheese on a Rothlesscheeseburger :lol:
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Milkman » Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:29 pm

Steelers 28 Packers 24

That's my prediction. I expect the lead to change a couple times during the game. I don't think GB will be able to run on Pitt. like they were able to against the Bears which will put the game on Rodgers' shoulders (not saying that's a bad thing but any time you take away a run game it limits what you can do). This game is going to come down to QB play and defense with a big emphasis on D and turnovers. Both of which are very close but I gotta give the edge to the Steelers. Either way it should be one evenly matched, entertaining Super Bowl.
Let’s go cut down some nets boys.

-Saul Phillips
Milkman
NDPreps Starter

Return to Open Topics - Sports and other things