Thunder

Talk about the world of sports here. And also a sub-forum to talk about anything else.

Thunder

Postby winner-within » Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:21 pm

I had a blast watching the Thunder....Thunder down on the Celts last night (without KD)...at the Garden....Westbrook is the real deal....he's the reason they won and also the reason they Darn near lost...He'll mature in those situations as time passes....He's fun to watch....they have a much better team than I thought.
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Re: Thunder

Postby baseball » Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:52 pm

I know KD gets all the pub, but it can be argued by some that Westbrook is more important to that team, as crazy as it sounds. Scores just 4 points less per game, basically a wash in the rebounds department, but Westbrook can go out and get 10 assists every game, KD can't i dont think...of course everytime i say Kobe is a selfish player he goes and gets 16 assists the next game so we'll see haha....im not saying Durant is selfish, just he doesnt rack up assists.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby Indy5 » Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:37 pm

baseball wrote:I know KD gets all the pub, but it can be argued by some that Westbrook is more important to that team, as crazy as it sounds. Scores just 4 points less per game, basically a wash in the rebounds department, but Westbrook can go out and get 10 assists every game, KD can't i dont think...of course everytime i say Kobe is a selfish player he goes and gets 16 assists the next game so we'll see haha....im not saying Durant is selfish, just he doesnt rack up assists.

No doubt Westbrook is a HUGE part of their success but I don't think you can say he is more important than Durant. Durant's leadership is big too.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball » Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:12 pm

Indy5 wrote:
baseball wrote:I know KD gets all the pub, but it can be argued by some that Westbrook is more important to that team, as crazy as it sounds. Scores just 4 points less per game, basically a wash in the rebounds department, but Westbrook can go out and get 10 assists every game, KD can't i dont think...of course everytime i say Kobe is a selfish player he goes and gets 16 assists the next game so we'll see haha....im not saying Durant is selfish, just he doesnt rack up assists.

No doubt Westbrook is a HUGE part of their success but I don't think you can say he is more important than Durant. Durant's leadership is big too.

Im not saying it...i just said it can be argued by some and i can see where they would be coming from. But IMO, Durant will always be the face of that franchise as long as hes there
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby shooter! » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:29 am

kevin durant is much more important than westbrook. you can't even argue that.
shooter!
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball » Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:43 pm

All depends how you define important.
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:46 pm

shooter! wrote:

kevin durant is much more important than westbrook. you can't even argue that.

The Thunder are very fortunate to have them both....the NBA has arguably the best crop of Point guards in its history...and its by far the most important position on the floor. KD is irreplaceable as a player, I wouldn't take anyone else in the league.....but the thunder don't become a serious threat without Westbrook....I wouldn't trade him for Paul, Williams and definitely not Rhondo or Nash.....so he is very important.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:59 am

Thunder had another great showing on the road against the lakers last night...this team is very explosive and fun to watch, Kevin was a little flat and below his average but they can play.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Indy5 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:35 pm

winner-within wrote:Thunder had another great showing on the road against the lakers last night...this team is very explosive and fun to watch, Kevin was a little flat and below his average but they can play.

It was evident that the Lakers struggle in transition D. That is how Westbrook went for over 30. I think before the Thunder become a championship team, they need to find some shooters. Westbrook can't shoot at all, Sefolosha can't shoot(or really score), Harden is a streaky shooter and really their only threat, Durant can usually shoot pretty well, but thats not his game, he's just a scorer, and Green is shooting like 20 some percent from 3. Maynor can shoot alright off the bench, but he doesn't get that many minutes with Westbrook being so good.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:16 pm

You know the Thunder well, I am just getting in tune to the roster and their play....they are in fact a nice team, love the attitude and the passion they play with...Boston and Lakers have a bunch of old farts filling positions and playing their rolls, Its almost like Aienge and Doc have acquired Jackson's approach to the NBA....along with the spurs.....Orlando and Dallas are doing it with a little thinner Roster and then Miami and Thunder cant afford to loose anybody and they lose. It'll be an interesting playoff
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby The Schwab » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:25 pm

I love the thunder, green will come around and start shooting the rock better. I don't feel that the thunder are ready to take down LA until they can get a couple good low post defenders. Thabo is a good perimeter defender. The thing they really lack is a low post game.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby Indy5 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:59 pm

The Schwab wrote:I love the thunder, green will come around and start shooting the rock better. I don't feel that the thunder are ready to take down LA until they can get a couple good low post defenders. Thabo is a good perimeter defender. The thing they really lack is a low post game.

I agree. It's a little pathetic down there. But, what can you expect when you get 4 top 5 picks in three years and they all go to perimeter players. I do like Ibaka though. He brings nice energy.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby The Schwab » Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:21 pm

Indy5 wrote:
The Schwab wrote:I love the thunder, green will come around and start shooting the rock better. I don't feel that the thunder are ready to take down LA until they can get a couple good low post defenders. Thabo is a good perimeter defender. The thing they really lack is a low post game.

I agree. It's a little pathetic down there. But, what can you expect when you get 4 top 5 picks in three years and they all go to perimeter players. I do like Ibaka though. He brings nice energy.

He has a very high upside, they need to target a "project" center.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby Indy5 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:45 pm

The Schwab wrote:
Indy5 wrote:

Yes they do. I think Ibaka has the skillset to develop a game much like that of Amare Stoudamire.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:56 pm

The Schwab wrote:
Indy5 wrote:

That's why they traded for Aldrich on draft night. Hasn't worked out the way they hoped so far.
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby The Schwab » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:57 pm

baseball wrote:
The Schwab wrote:
Indy5 wrote:

That's why they traded for Aldrich on draft night. Hasn't worked out the way they hoped so far.

Speaking of big white centers, anyone else remember "Big Country" haha.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Return to Open Topics - Sports and other things