Randy Moss back in Purple

Talk about the world of sports here. And also a sub-forum to talk about anything else.

Randy Moss back in Purple

Postby NE B-Baller 242 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:37 pm

Who else is excited to see our Vikings this week with: Randy Moss going deep, Percy over the middle, Shank doing his thing, AP running people over, and Rice will be back soon, all Farve will have to do is chuck the ball up like last year, and watch Sidney and Moss jump for it
If winning isn't everything why do we keep score?
NE B-Baller 242
NDPreps Starter

Re: Randy Moss back in Purple

Postby winner-within » Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:41 pm

I'm totally Jacked....If they wouldn't have traded in the first place Farve would be sitting on his porch down south as we speak showing his grandchild his shinny ring.
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Indy5 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:39 pm

Moss is not going to be that huge of an impact. He's lost a step or two over the years and the problem was Favre to start with. For once, his age shows in his game. He doesn't look like he used to.

Also, how many times does someone play somewhere for over 5 years, leave for at least 4, then come back and actually be productive?
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball » Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:55 pm

Indy5 wrote:Moss is not going to be that huge of an impact. He's lost a step or two over the years and the problem was Favre to start with. For once, his age shows in his game. He doesn't look like he used to.

Also, how many times does someone play somewhere for over 5 years, leave for at least 4, then come back and actually be productive?

I agree he wont be a huge impact. Even if he did lose a step, he can still run the deep ball. the only problem is he will outrun favre's arm

and youre second thing. It seems like most players that do that know they are winding down their career and want to retire with the team they spent so long with. I dont think thats the case here.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:01 pm

baseball wrote:
Indy5 wrote:Moss is not going to be that huge of an impact. He's lost a step or two over the years and the problem was Favre to start with. For once, his age shows in his game. He doesn't look like he used to.

I agree he wont be a huge impact. Even if he did lose a step, he can still run the deep ball. the only problem is he will outrun favre's arm

and youre second thing. It seems like most players that do that know they are winding down their career and want to retire with the team they spent so long with. I dont think thats the case here.

I don't either.............. he signaled to Vikes at his first press conference after their first game....he ranted and raved (after being pretty quite for 4 years) and sent a signal to his former team (with a wink) Pick me up!!....like I said the Vikes screwed up big time when they released him...

.Randy ran routes on Monday night waiting and waiting for the ball...but he never saw it...Why? because of the comments made after their first game....he was already written off by belicheck. Welcome home pal.....you just bargained yourself a place in history...Chris carter taught you something after all!!!
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndfan » Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:54 am

Is this a one year deal? Or the vikes just gonna let him go after this year?
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:18 am

ndfan wrote:Is this a one year deal? Or the vikes just gonna let him go after this year?

Contract extension is in the works...
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Cowboys/Vikings

Postby Flip » Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:10 am

If you are going to call for a 1 wide receiver formation on one of the most important plays of the game which wide receiver would you choose? Greg Lewis obviously.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby Hinsa » Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:12 pm

Lewis must be a better blocker than Moss? That's all I can figure out - that they wanted Lewis in there for blocking in that package.
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:42 pm

Hinsa wrote:Lewis must be a better blocker than Moss? That's all I can figure out - that they wanted Lewis in there for blocking in that package.

But they passed the ball on the play I'm thinking about. The 3rd down where Favre winged it over Lewis' head and the Cowboys' defender grabbed him.

Seriously, do you think if the Vikings cut him today he would ever play another down of professional football in his life? I don't.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:02 pm

Farve is running on fumes....he is totally ready for the Pasture......But He might just have that one big play left in him...and it might just come at the right time....and it may be an interception....but he don't care....he has the whole world Buffaloed
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Hinsa » Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:22 pm

Flip wrote:
Hinsa wrote:Lewis must be a better blocker than Moss? That's all I can figure out - that they wanted Lewis in there for blocking in that package.

But they passed the ball on the play I'm thinking about. The 3rd down where Favre winged it over Lewis' head and the Cowboys' defender grabbed him.

Seriously, do you think if the Vikings cut him today he would ever play another down of professional football in his life? I don't.

I agree with you on Lewis. There has to be somebody playing UFL football that is better than him.
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:37 pm

Well that was a waste of a draft pick...the Vikings have waived Randy Moss after he criticized the coaching staff during an interview and praised the Patriots.

The play that showed his heart was not in it playing for the Vikings was the pass interference call where it was just him and the ball by the end zone and he didn't go after it...he just let it drop. IMO, he catches that ball and Favre doesn't get hurt (a few plays later).
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby winner-within » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:10 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:Well that was a waste of a draft pick...the Vikings have waived Randy Moss after he criticized the coaching staff during an interview and praised the Patriots.

The play that showed his heart was not in it playing for the Vikings was the pass interference call where it was just him and the ball by the end zone and he didn't go after it...he just let it drop. IMO, he catches that ball and Favre doesn't get hurt (a few plays later).

Two words for Randy (and I once liked him) COMPLETE IDIOT
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby thatguy422 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:14 pm

Or is he smart for realizing that Childress is an idiot and wanting to get out of there?
thatguy422
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby winner-within » Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:59 am

thatguy422 wrote:Or is he smart for realizing that Childress is an idiot and wanting to get out of there?

Childress is a complete other topic.....but I'll say this he has a bunch of studs ready to play for him each week....wouldnt they all want out if Moss is so smart? Even if they did, they dont wanna make themselves look like a complete idiot.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby thatguy422 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:42 pm

winner-within wrote:
thatguy422 wrote:Or is he smart for realizing that Childress is an idiot and wanting to get out of there?

Childress is a complete other topic.....but I'll say this he has a bunch of studs ready to play for him each week....wouldnt they all want out if Moss is so smart? Even if they did, they dont wanna make themselves look like a complete idiot.

I, myself, am a Packer fan, and even I'll admit that the Vikings have a butt load of talent on their team. For some reason its not clicking very well this year though. Moss isn't afraid to say what he thinks, (not always the best quality) so to me its not surprising that he handled things the way he did.
thatguy422
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby winner-within » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:13 pm

thatguy422 wrote:
winner-within wrote:

I, myself, am a Packer fan, and even I'll admit that the Vikings have a butt load of talent on their team. For some reason its not clicking very well this year though. Moss isn't afraid to say what he thinks, (not always the best quality) so to me its not surprising that he handled things the way he did.

Well that's how he handles things...which is my point, not smart at all...and takes away from the check book...which is also not very smart.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby thatguy422 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:22 pm

winner-within wrote:
thatguy422 wrote:
winner-within wrote:

Well that's how he handles things...which is my point, not smart at all...and takes away from the check book...which is also not very smart.

He's been in the league long enough that I don't think he's worried about money anymore.

I would just like to mention something that I thought was funny. I believe it was last Friday I got the ESPN update that the vikings owner (Wolf?) debated on firing Childress and keeping Moss before he had been waived.
thatguy422
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bballfan7 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:04 pm

thatguy422 wrote:
winner-within wrote:
thatguy422 wrote:
winner-within wrote:

He's been in the league long enough that I don't think he's worried about money anymore.
I would just like to mention something that I thought was funny. I believe it was last Friday I got the ESPN update that the vikings owner (Wolf?) debated on firing Childress and keeping Moss before he had been waived.

Actually you would be surprised at the amount of former professional athletes that have money problems.
bballfan7
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby thatguy422 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:08 am

Just judging by how Moss doesn't care about getting fined I would guess he's not one of those, but I've been wrong before.
thatguy422
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby winner-within » Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:51 am

thatguy422 wrote:Just judging by how Moss doesn't care about getting fined I would guess he's not one of those, but I've been wrong before.

He's one of the best receivers to ever come through the NFL, unfortunately he arrived with a chip on his shoulder and has never really let it go...hes' one of those type that just needed a few more kicks in the rear than he got as a youngen.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Return to Open Topics - Sports and other things