Tom Brady

Talk about the world of sports here. And also a sub-forum to talk about anything else.

Tom Brady

Postby winner-within » Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:08 am

The Best in the League....this guy is a BORN QB....UNREAL!!!
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Re: Tom Brady

Postby Indy5 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:10 pm

I have a question winner. Are we going to start a topic on every QB in the league? Maybe get to the elite college ones too?
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:42 pm

Indy5 wrote:I have a question winner. Are we going to start a topic on every QB in the league? Maybe get to the elite college ones too?

are you having a bad day Indy...do you have to work this weekend?? :(
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball » Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:48 pm

I'd take Manning. Brady has had a QB Rating of 95 or above only twice in his career. Manning has a career rating of over 95.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:40 pm

baseball wrote:I'd take Manning. Brady has had a QB Rating of 95 or above only twice in his career. Manning has a career rating of over 95.

Take a look at how many years Brady has thrown over 30 TDs.

Manning will probably go down as the best QB ever.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball » Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:54 pm

Flip wrote:
baseball wrote:I'd take Manning. Brady has had a QB Rating of 95 or above only twice in his career. Manning has a career rating of over 95.

Manning....5
Brady.....1

I can't believe how overlooked Manning is by everyone. Maybe I just dont watch the right channels, but everyone on ESPN seems to think Brady is God's gift to football, Favre is in the debate with Marino and Montana for best ever. They make it sound like Manning is just another guy on the field. Brady loses points in my book for being hurt, and his team can throw in a guy who hasnt started a game since high school adn still go 11-5. wonder what would happen to Indy is Manning ever had to miss multiple games.
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby Indy5 » Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:25 pm

baseball wrote: wonder what would happen to Indy is Manning ever had to miss multiple games.

Don't even say such a thing. I just wonder why they cant ever have a decent backup. Last year, Painter gets in against NY and fumbles and totally blows the game. Sorgi was never any good.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:48 pm

My favorite is when they state Manning will make a great coach or GM and we know once he is done with the game you wont see him again on the field, he will go right to the box and analyse like the rest of the guys who think they know everything....Brady and Favre are the type that will want to keep the game going and share their knowlege with the young guys and help them become better......by coaching them or training them.

Manning might have the STATS (like lebron) but the tough guys and the guys with rings still win with the true Football fans hearts over....Peyton is an arogant player who is lucky he had the recievers he's had.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:51 pm

baseball wrote:
Flip wrote:

Manning....5
Brady.....1

I can't believe how overlooked Manning is by everyone. Maybe I just dont watch the right channels, but everyone on ESPN seems to think Brady is God's gift to football, Favre is in the debate with Marino and Montana for best ever. They make it sound like Manning is just another guy on the field. Brady loses points in my book for being hurt, and his team can throw in a guy who hasnt started a game since high school adn still go 11-5. wonder what would happen to Indy is Manning ever had to miss multiple games.

Yea thats right I would rather have 30 td's than the super bowl rings :lol: You still ahve to know how to hand off too.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Indy5 » Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:34 am

winner-within wrote:
baseball wrote:
Flip wrote:

Manning....5
Brady.....1

Yea thats right I would rather have 30 td's than the super bowl rings :lol: You still ahve to know how to hand off too.

Except for the last couple years, Manning has almost always had the better rushing team too. Neither teams have ran it at all the last couple years.

And for your comment about Peyton being arrogant and being lucky to have great receivers, I don't think I or anyone else could even respond to that. My only conclusion is that you are just trying to stir the pot. There is no way you could honestly think that. Who have his great receivers been? Marvin Harrison? He was a very good receiver, but was great because of he and Peyton's relationship. Brandon Stokley? He was fast, and Peyton made him look better than he was. Reggie Wayne? He good but the question about him is always, is he that good or does Peyton make him look that good? Dallas Clark? Again, very good, but Peyton makes him look better than he is.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:44 am

The Colts had a nice team last year and have been respectable through out the last ten 7 years....loosing Dungy really hurts them....

The NFC will be the stronger Conference again this year....Patriots will be back in the hunt along with the Jets and Ravens.....Tennessee will be strong....

Manning has the stats...but we all have our favorites and Mine is Farve because he plays for my team.....I have never liked the Manning's because they seem arrogant....I think you would have a better chance at getting a Autograph from Brady or Farve before you even got close to the Manning's....their kinda like the Football Gods, which is a turn off to me, so I elect to dislike them...plus they dont stand out in front of Brady or Favre far enough to make a difference.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby The Schwab » Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:08 am

My feelings on Tom Brady are that he is an above average QB who was put in a situation with probably the best coach in NFL history. If you put Manning on those teams and give him Randy Moss to throw too after the rings...all I can say is Moss would be closing in on Rice's records. Peyton is a much better QB.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:34 pm

The Schwab wrote:My feelings on Tom Brady are that he is an above average QB who was put in a situation with probably the best coach in NFL history. If you put Manning on those teams and give him Randy Moss to throw too after the rings...all I can say is Moss would be closing in on Rice's records. Peyton is a much better QB.

Rightfully so...the chips fall where they fall...Peyton is simply not "a much better QB" it doesn't work that way in the pro business...stats are one thing...but this is how it works.

you dont grade until its over, when they are both Great players

-both go to hall of fame
-Brady ends up with more championships ( example: Marino, better than Montana on paper...Montana still King)
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby The Schwab » Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:13 pm

winner-within wrote:
The Schwab wrote:My feelings on Tom Brady are that he is an above average QB who was put in a situation with probably the best coach in NFL history. If you put Manning on those teams and give him Randy Moss to throw too after the rings...all I can say is Moss would be closing in on Rice's records. Peyton is a much better QB.

Rightfully so...the chips fall where they fall...Peyton is simply not "a much better QB" it doesn't work that way in the pro business...stats are one thing...but this is how it works.

-both go to hall of fame
-Brady ends up with more championships ( example: Marino, better than Montana on paper...Montana still King)

So by your "grading scale" Trent Dilfer is a better qb than Dan Marino? And I know this is off topic, but where do you rank Kurt Warner
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:10 pm

The Schwab wrote:
winner-within wrote:

-both go to hall of fame

So by your "grading scale" Trent Dilfer is a better qb than Dan Marino? And I know this is off topic, but where do you rank Kurt Warner

first off I do not think I am a NFL QB expert....but I enjoy comparisons and the debate that tags along....I hate Dilfer...cant even look at him...remember I said Hall of Fame comes first and Trent wont be there, or at least I wouldn't vote him in. People always think of Marino when the dolphins are mentioned, then they pause and think "no superbowl"...then they perk up and say "undefeated season"...all in all I think of Warren Moon when I think of Dan Marino.

Kurt Warner? I'd take him before Manning...and I'm being honest....he can be a crybaby with coaches and teammates, but he is right with Favre when it comes to toughness on the field, plus he's more accurate.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby The Schwab » Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:09 pm

winner-within wrote:
The Schwab wrote:
winner-within wrote:

-both go to hall of fame

first off I do not think I am a NFL QB expert....but I enjoy comparisons and the debate that tags along....I hate Dilfer...cant even look at him...remember I said Hall of Fame comes first and Trent wont be there, or at least I wouldn't vote him in. People always think of Marino when the dolphins are mentioned, then they pause and think "no superbowl"...then they perk up and say "undefeated season"...all in all I think of Warren Moon when I think of Dan Marino.

Kurt Warner? I'd take him before Manning...and I'm being honest....he can be a crybaby with coaches and teammates, but he is right with Favre when it comes to toughness on the field, plus he's more accurate.

Well I agree that Warner is a Hall of Famer, but I don't have him ahead of Manning.
I do kind of like your grading for a qb tho, once your in the hall then you count rings, not too bad.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:06 pm

No he's not ahead of Manning.....but I watch Peyton a lot cause He's good..real good!...but I've seen him go three and out many many times...then bang he gets ya....he reminds me of lets say Troy Aikman...

what Manning has on Qb's of the past and QB's of the present is Brains...which brings me back to Brady I would bet their IQ's in general, along with their football smarts to be real close. Talent and skills are close
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball » Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:41 pm

winner-within wrote:what Manning has on Qb's of the past and QB's of the present is Brains...which brings me back to Brady I would bet their IQ's in general, along with their football smarts to be real close. Talent and skills are close

No one in the league can see as much before the snap as Manning can.
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:37 pm

And that's when instincts kick in and you get the job done and the game won. And no one in the league does that better than tom brady
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby thatguy422 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:43 pm

winner-within wrote:And that's when instincts kick in and you get the job done and the game won. And no one in the league does that better than tom brady

You mean Tom Brady's team.
thatguy422
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball » Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:50 pm

winner-within wrote:And that's when instincts kick in and you get the job done and the game won. And no one in the league does that better than tom brady

True, but more times then not Manning knows exactly what he is going to do when the ball is snapped and doesnt have to rely on instincts.
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:04 am

baseball wrote:

True, but more times then not Manning knows exactly what he is going to do when the ball is snapped and doesnt have to rely on instincts.

Manning may be the best in the League Day in and day out.... night in and night out.... his Stats prove that... when it comes to the Peyton Manning Era we will remember a few other QB's that had success and Brady will be acknowledged as one of the Greats that won more Bowls or as many (Peyton may have 1 or 2 left in him).

All in All I will stick with Brady as the best QB under one of the Best Coaches in the history of the NFL...I am not a Patriot Fan but can you tell I like Tom Brady as QB.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball » Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:52 pm

winner-within wrote:
baseball wrote:

Manning may be the best in the League Day in and day out.... night in and night out.... his Stats prove that...

All in All I will stick with Brady as the best QB.

Kind of a contradiction isnt it?? Yea yea yea...I know I deleted part of your post in the quote, but how can you say one is the best and stats prove it, then turn around and say another is better?
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby gobison#6 » Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:01 pm

winner-within wrote:The Colts had a nice team last year and have been respectable through out the last ten 7 years....loosing Dungy really hurts them....

The NFC will be the stronger Conference again this year....Patriots will be back in the hunt along with the Jets and Ravens.....Tennessee will be strong....

Manning has the stats...but we all have our favorites and Mine is Farve because he plays for my team.....I have never liked the Manning's because they seem arrogant....I think you would have a better chance at getting a Autograph from Brady or Farve before you even got close to the Manning's....their kinda like the Football Gods, which is a turn off to me, so I elect to dislike them...plus they dont stand out in front of Brady or Favre far enough to make a difference.

You realize you said that the NFC is going to be the stronger conference, but then backed it up by saying the AFC teams that are strong. NE, NYJ, BAL, and TENN are all in the AFC.
Hail the Bison!
gobison#6
NDPreps All-State

Postby winner-within » Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:18 am

gobison#6 wrote:
winner-within wrote:The Colts had a nice team last year and have been respectable through out the last ten 7 years....loosing Dungy really hurts them....

You realize you said that the NFC is going to be the stronger conference, but then backed it up by saying the AFC teams that are strong. NE, NYJ, BAL, and TENN are all in the AFC.

Yep! cause there's only one NFC team THE VIKES :lol:
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Next

Return to Open Topics - Sports and other things