Fantasy Football Talk

Talk about the world of sports here. And also a sub-forum to talk about anything else.

Fantasy Football Talk

Postby ndfan » Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:13 pm

If you had the first pick who would you take Chris Johnson or Adrian Peterson?
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Re: Fantasy Football Talk

Postby baseball » Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:57 pm

AP is the safe bet. Speedsters are all the talk one year and the next are an afterthought. I don't think Johnson will be like that, but I think in a few years he'll be like Devin Hester and be just another player.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby Indy5 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:30 pm

baseball wrote:AP is the safe bet. Speedsters are all the talk one year and the next are an afterthought. I don't think Johnson will be like that, but I think in a few years he'll be like Devin Hester and be just another player.

You may be right, but I disagree. When he was a rookie, he split carries with LenDale White and still had around 1,200 yards. White leaves, Johnson becomes the man, and rushes for over 2,000 yards. I'm thinking he is just legit. One more big point, I remember hearing Marcus Allen say that Johnson reminds him of Emmit Smith in the way that he has a knack for avoiding the big KO shot that shortens a career.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:50 pm

Chris Johnson
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Schmidty22 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:55 pm

Jason Campbell of the Oakland Raiders is not high on many peoples list but I think he will be a perfect in Oakland this season.
"I go out there and get my eyes gouged, my nose busted, my body slammed. I love the pain of the game."
Schmidty22
NDPreps Starter

Postby Flip » Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:19 am

I'm biased, but I'd go with Peterson. He should catch a lot more passes than any of his previous 3 seasons. I keep reading about the battle between Young and Gehrart(sp) for the 3rd down back. Well the guy that will probably be playing the most 3rd downs is Peterson. I've never noticed him having bad hands. Protection, might be another concern, but I doubt it is worse than the two other guys.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Return to Open Topics - Sports and other things