Brett Farve

Talk about the world of sports here. And also a sub-forum to talk about anything else.

Brett Farve

Postby winner-within » Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:05 pm

Hate to post this but its drama time at Eden Prairie...I personally would like to see Brett back I think there is a Super Bowl win waiting for him..... and is exactly how his career should and will end.........How bout you???

I also think winning the World series is possible for the Twinkies and could happen this fall.
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Re: Brett Farve

Postby theman » Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:39 pm

winner-within wrote:Hate to post this but its drama time at Eden Prairie...I personally would like to see Brett back I think there is a Super Bowl win waiting for him..... and is exactly how his career should and will end.........How bout you???

I also think winning the World series is possible for the Twinkies and could happen this fall.

Brett Farve: zzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ *yyyyaawwwnnn* zzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!

The Twins: I am a huge fan, and the winning streak recently snapped by the Rays have put some SERIOUS faith back in me. The first half of the season was pretty rough. I want to see how the next ten games go in trying to bounce back now before I can tag them as a contender. Remember their total wins wouldn't put them at the top of any (maybe one) divisions in baseball.
[url]northdakotarunner.blogspot.com[/url]
theman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby winner-within » Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:22 pm

theman wrote:
winner-within wrote:Hate to post this but its drama time at Eden Prairie...I personally would like to see Brett back I think there is a Super Bowl win waiting for him..... and is exactly how his career should and will end.........How bout you???

Brett Farve: zzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ *yyyyaawwwnnn* zzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!

The Twins: I am a huge fan, and the winning streak recently snapped by the Rays have put some SERIOUS faith back in me. The first half of the season was pretty rough. I want to see how the next ten games go in trying to bounce back now before I can tag them as a contender. Remember their total wins wouldn't put them at the top of any (maybe one) divisions in baseball.

agreed...if in fact they could have played better against the Ray's I think they would have gained some attention...with morneau still out and the pitching still shaky they just aren't considered the AL powerhouse that they could be...I still think the best is yet to come......
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:53 pm

winner-within wrote:Hate to post this but its drama time at Eden Prairie...

Eden Prairie...What does that have to do with anything? Also, it is "Favre."
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:18 am

Flip wrote:
winner-within wrote:Hate to post this but its drama time at Eden Prairie...

Eden Prairie...What does that have to do with anything? Also, it is "Favre."

No its Farve...that's how everybody I know say's it....are you running around saying it the French way favRea :)

Eden Prairie...OH!! lets see :roll:
Minnesota Vikings Football Club, L.L.C. Executives
40 executives listed for Minnesota Vikings Football Club, L.L.C.'s Eden Prairie, MN location.
Title Name & Bio Contact
Chairman Zygmunt Wilf Email
Vice Chairman Leonard Wilf Email
President Mark Wilf Email
More Minnesota Vikings Football Club, L.L.C. Executives

sorry, didn't mean to make you Flip out :lol:
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Hinsa » Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:02 pm

That's hilarious, wiener-withered.

At least that's how everybody I know pronounces it. Or are you pronouncing it the Icelandic way? :wink:
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby Milkman » Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:45 pm

Maybe thats why they haven't seen FaVRe at camp. He's in Eden Prairie and not Mankato.

Nice attempt at backtracking and covering up your mistakes. I'd use a rolling eyes emoticon there but I think you use it enough for the entire board.
Last edited by Milkman on Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Let’s go cut down some nets boys.

-Saul Phillips
Milkman
NDPreps Starter

Postby winner-within » Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:05 am

Hinsa wrote:That's hilarious, wiener-withered.

At least that's how everybody I know pronounces it. Or are you pronouncing it the Icelandic way? :wink:

I haven't heard anybody say it like that...at least not to my face :wink:
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:20 am

Milkman wrote:Maybe thats why they haven't seen FaVRe at camp. He's in Eden Prairie and not Mankato.

Nice attempt at backtracking and covering up your mistakes. I'd use a rolling eyes emoticon there but I think you use it enough for the entire board.

well I'll be the first to inform you that Childress isn't the guy who upped the ante to 20 million for next season...that would be ah!! Ziggy (office is in Eden prairie)....and all the people in Mankato at the end of last season knew that they would not be seeing FavRea close to Mankato this fall.

You can read my post I dont do the rolling eyes unless its appropriate.

I asked a simple question about Brett....and had a Member (who has before, respond in haste rather than following the question at hand)...... and starts blowing off stupidity....its nice he has a few others to speak for him also :roll: :roll: :roll:
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:40 am

Back in town (Eden Prairie) Baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby scruffy » Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:06 pm

I find this whole thing rather funny.... Childress and the viking organization is losing respect daily from many players in their fold. It's more likely they will implode rather then win big and will have a HUGE mess to clean up when Brett is done playing. Don't forget that last year he only took them one game further then the previous season...and if the team had a mobile quarterback they more then likely would have been in the Superbowl.
No whiners allowed! The journey is the reward!
scruffy
NDPreps All-State

Postby winner-within » Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:19 pm

Brett gives the team more character and leadership on and off the field....he instills fear in the opposing coaches preparation....he is much more capable of a big play than any one else on their team....they have to give it one more try.

A trip to the Superbowl will lean on their defense rather than Brett....also Chilly has to leave Brett and Bevell pan things out on Offense...........its been a long haul being a true Vikes fan.....but it goes with the business.....I like when people Laugh at them and make fun of them, it shows how envious they are. :mrgreen:
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby thatguy422 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:44 pm

Brett Favre is either a big help or a big hurt. You never know if you're going to get the big touchdown pass or the big interception. He doesn't play well from behind.
thatguy422
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby winner-within » Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:05 pm

thatguy422 wrote:Brett Favre is either a big help or a big hurt. You never know if you're going to get the big touchdown pass or the big interception. He doesn't play well from behind.

He is the best QB that the Vikes have
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball » Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:41 pm

thatguy422 wrote:Brett Favre is either a big help or a big hurt. You never know if you're going to get the big touchdown pass or the big interception. He doesn't play well from behind.

From an article in 2008.

"164 wins as a quarterback—40 of them coming from behind."

Not sure how many he has had in the last 2 seasons, but 25% of his wins are come from behind in the 4th quarter and overtime. I'd say he does alright when behind.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:37 pm

scruffy wrote:...Don't forget that last year he only took them one game further then the previous season...

FYP. Two games.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby thatguy422 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:17 pm

winner-within wrote:

He is the best QB that the Vikes have

I'm not even going to attempt to argue that point. He's a whole lot better than Tarvaris or Sage.

baseball wrote:

From an article in 2008.

Not sure how many he has had in the last 2 seasons, but 25% of his wins are come from behind in the 4th quarter and overtime. I'd say he does alright when behind.

How do they count it as coming from behind? Are they saying 4th quarter comebacks? Or are they saying in the first quarter the opposing team happened to get the first three points so It's "coming from behind"? just curious. The last few years with the Packers and the year with the Jets it just seemed like he forced it all the time. Having interceptions instead of touchdowns. With the Vikings He hasn't had to dig himself out of too big a hole so he didn't seem to force it that much. Just my perspective.
thatguy422
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby The Schwab » Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:31 am

Did you watch football last year? Brett was a pretty darn big help if you ask me.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball » Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:19 pm

baseball wrote:

From an article in 2008.

How do they count it as coming from behind? Are they saying 4th quarter comebacks? Or are they saying in the first quarter the opposing team happened to get the first three points so It's "coming from behind"? just curious. The last few years with the Packers and the year with the Jets it just seemed like he forced it all the time. Having interceptions instead of touchdowns. With the Vikings He hasn't had to dig himself out of too big a hole so he didn't seem to force it that much. Just my perspective.[/quote]

The answer to your question is in the post you quoted....
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:51 pm

when Brett leaves the NFL, the NFL will never have another quarter back who even comes close to his durability, his passion for the game, his dedication to his teammates, his pizazz, his character....not to mention some of his records and accolades.

Brett is a Man...he is a Man I loved to hate when he played for the Pack and now I can see why they loved him so much....if he was playing for your team you would love him too.

your not sitting there critiquing some college high school player or some D1 sophomore QB....
your actually trying to defray a Man who has played the NFL QB position for 19 years and soon to be over 300 games straight. I think you better just sit back and enjoy what ever he does for whatever team he is playing for , cause you wont ever see what your seeing again in your lifetime.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball » Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:40 pm

winner-within wrote:

when Brett leaves the NFL, the NFL will never have another quarter back who even comes close to his durability, his passion for the game, his dedication to his teammates, his pizazz, his character....not to mention some of his records and accolades.

Brett is a Man...he is a Man I loved to hate when he played for the Pack and now I can see why they loved him so much....if he was playing for your team you would love him too.

your not sitting there critiquing some college high school player or some D1 sophomore QB....
your actually trying to defray a Man who has played the NFL QB position for 19 years and soon to be over 300 games straight. I think you better just sit back and enjoy what ever he does for whatever team he is playing for , cause you wont ever see what your seeing again in your lifetime.

Peyton Manning??
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby The Schwab » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:16 pm

If we are just comparing Brett Favre to Peyton Manning then the argument isn't even close, Peyton wins in a land slide, he does everything that Favre does stat wise, without the pain killer addiction and this game of cat and mouse (retire or not retire) every year. When Peyton Manning retires he will become the greatest OC or Head Coach of all time. The only knock you can have on Peyton is his postseason performance, but people forget that Brett hasn't won a superbowl or an MVP in over a decade.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:24 pm

I said Peyton Manning because I dont understand his point in saying that in our lifetime we wont see another player that has the durability, charisma, etc. that Favre has when really there is someone playing in the league RIGHT NOW with all the same stuff.
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:06 am

The Schwab wrote:If we are just comparing Brett Favre to Peyton Manning then the argument isn't even close, Peyton wins in a land slide, he does everything that Favre does stat wise, without the pain killer addiction and this game of cat and mouse (retire or not retire) every year. When Peyton Manning retires he will become the greatest OC or Head Coach of all time. The only knock you can have on Peyton is his postseason performance, but people forget that Brett hasn't won a Superbowl or an MVP in over a decade.

Peyton manning...I can guarantee you, has had his share of Advil, full body massage's, and physical therapy to keep him in the game. I find it hilarious that people get fed up with Favre's cat and mouse game...he's a Veteran of the sport!!! he poured his heart and soul into !! he is already in the hall of fame (so is Peyton, I know) but why do we care how he handles the Media or his team...they have three QB's...if Brett dont show up, who cares (but the Vikes fans).

Peyton Manning, Drew Breeze...and the likes of the other Baby faces in the league have no clue what its like to walk in Brett's shoes (and they would tell you that) Bretts Dad wasn't a pro football QB....he had one team interested in him when he hit the draft...Peyton was being watched at 2 years old....Bret is a self made man who has tossed a pile of TD passes and has showed the utmost endurance this league has ever witnessed....I make it to the NFL as a receiver 15 years ago (and this may be just me) but I wanna play with Brett...I wanna make history with the QB that has no family history of the NFL self made 8)
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby The Schwab » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:11 am

winner-within wrote:
The Schwab wrote:If we are just comparing Brett Favre to Peyton Manning then the argument isn't even close, Peyton wins in a land slide, he does everything that Favre does stat wise, without the pain killer addiction and this game of cat and mouse (retire or not retire) every year. When Peyton Manning retires he will become the greatest OC or Head Coach of all time. The only knock you can have on Peyton is his postseason performance, but people forget that Brett hasn't won a Superbowl or an MVP in over a decade.

Peyton manning...I can guarantee you, has had his share of Advil, full body massage's, and physical therapy to keep him in the game. I find it hilarious that people get fed up with Favre's cat and mouse game...he's a Veteran of the sport!!! he poured his heart and soul into !! he is already in the hall of fame (so is Peyton, I know) but why do we care how he handles the Media or his team...they have three QB's...if Brett dont show up, who cares (but the Vikes fans).

Peyton Manning, Drew Breeze...and the likes of the other Baby faces in the league have no clue what its like to walk in Brett's shoes (and they would tell you that) Bretts Dad wasn't a pro football QB....he had one team interested in him when he hit the draft...Peyton was being watched at 2 years old....Bret is a self made man who has tossed a pile of TD passes and has showed the utmost endurance this league has ever witnessed....I make it to the NFL as a receiver 15 years ago (and this may be just me) but I wanna play with Brett...I wanna make history with the QB that has no family history of the NFL self made 8)

Brett Favre has thrown more TD passes inside the 5 yard line then anyone in the history of the game. Peyton Manning is and has been then premier qb in the NFL for the past 8 years.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Next

Return to Open Topics - Sports and other things