Brett Farve

Talk about the world of sports here. And also a sub-forum to talk about anything else.

Re: Brett Farve

Postby winner-within » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:42 am

The Schwab wrote:
winner-within wrote:
The Schwab wrote:If we are just comparing Brett Favre to Peyton Manning then the argument isn't even close, Peyton wins in a land slide, he does everything that Favre does stat wise, without the pain killer addiction and this game of cat and mouse (retire or not retire) every year. When Peyton Manning retires he will become the greatest OC or Head Coach of all time. The only knock you can have on Peyton is his postseason performance, but people forget that Brett hasn't won a Superbowl or an MVP in over a decade.

Peyton manning...I can guarantee you, has had his share of Advil, full body massage's, and physical therapy to keep him in the game. I find it hilarious that people get fed up with Favre's cat and mouse game...he's a Veteran of the sport!!! he poured his heart and soul into !! he is already in the hall of fame (so is Peyton, I know) but why do we care how he handles the Media or his team...they have three QB's...if Brett dont show up, who cares (but the Vikes fans).

Peyton Manning, Drew Breeze...and the likes of the other Baby faces in the league have no clue what its like to walk in Brett's shoes (and they would tell you that) Bretts Dad wasn't a pro football QB....he had one team interested in him when he hit the draft...Peyton was being watched at 2 years old....Bret is a self made man who has tossed a pile of TD passes and has showed the utmost endurance this league has ever witnessed....I make it to the NFL as a receiver 15 years ago (and this may be just me) but I wanna play with Brett...I wanna make history with the QB that has no family history of the NFL self made 8)

Brett Favre has thrown more TD passes inside the 5 yard line then anyone in the history of the game. Peyton Manning is and has been then premier qb in the NFL for the past 8 years.

Point being??
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby The Schwab » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:50 am

winner-within wrote:
The Schwab wrote:
winner-within wrote:
The Schwab wrote:If we are just comparing Brett Favre to Peyton Manning then the argument isn't even close, Peyton wins in a land slide, he does everything that Favre does stat wise, without the pain killer addiction and this game of cat and mouse (retire or not retire) every year. When Peyton Manning retires he will become the greatest OC or Head Coach of all time. The only knock you can have on Peyton is his postseason performance, but people forget that Brett hasn't won a Superbowl or an MVP in over a decade.

Peyton manning...I can guarantee you, has had his share of Advil, full body massage's, and physical therapy to keep him in the game. I find it hilarious that people get fed up with Favre's cat and mouse game...he's a Veteran of the sport!!! he poured his heart and soul into !! he is already in the hall of fame (so is Peyton, I know) but why do we care how he handles the Media or his team...they have three QB's...if Brett dont show up, who cares (but the Vikes fans).

Peyton Manning, Drew Breeze...and the likes of the other Baby faces in the league have no clue what its like to walk in Brett's shoes (and they would tell you that) Bretts Dad wasn't a pro football QB....he had one team interested in him when he hit the draft...Peyton was being watched at 2 years old....Bret is a self made man who has tossed a pile of TD passes and has showed the utmost endurance this league has ever witnessed....I make it to the NFL as a receiver 15 years ago (and this may be just me) but I wanna play with Brett...I wanna make history with the QB that has no family history of the NFL self made 8)

Brett Favre has thrown more TD passes inside the 5 yard line then anyone in the history of the game. Peyton Manning is and has been then premier qb in the NFL for the past 8 years.

Point being??

I'm not saying that Brett Favre isn't a great QB because he is. I don't think he has "earned the right" as everyone has called it, to be a drama queen every off-season. I would much rather praise Peyton Manning, who if it weren't for espn and everyone else talking about his games played streak, no one would know. On the other hand we had to hear about such "Drama" as favre's thumb, the game vs. oakland (yes i know his dad died, but it's his JOB to play football), his ankle etc... the list goes on and on. The fact is, Favre is a good qb, who LOVES the spotlight a little too much.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:42 am

Favre does in fact like the spotlight but I think its his way of getting back at the Media and putting a couple more George Washington's in his pocket. Peyton is a technician (and a better QB) Brett is a gunslinger, The Gunslinger will always have more fans...just the way it is (I am actually a bigger fan of Eli's than Peyton, more of a playground gamer).

Peyton being as good as he is should have never lost on another Superbowl opportunity.

The Farve drama doesn't bother me as much as most because I'm a vikes fan but I could see if you were not how it would.
its just another hall of famer on his way out...same goes for any pro sport, players just elect to do it in their own style per say.

i have a suspicious feeling this season for Brett, will be cut short...he will either retire midway through or get injured...it just doesn't feel right for me....Its like looking at the eyes of a boxer and knowing he is going to lose before the Match begins...i hope I'm wrong on that but its a gut feeling.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby thatguy422 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:28 pm

winner-within wrote: The Farve drama doesn't bother me as much as most because I'm a vikes fan but I could see if you were not how it would.

I'm a Packers fan and the Favre drama bothered me then too. Brett Favre has been considering retirement since 1997. http://www.allvoices.com/s/event-5108504/aHR0cDovL3BxYXNiLnBxYXJjaGl2ZXIuY29tL25ld3NkYXkvYWNjZXNzLzE0%20MDMzMDM3Lmh0bWw/ZGlkcz0xNDAzMzAzNzoxNDAzMzAzNyZhbXA7Rk1UPUFC%20UyZhbXA7Rk1UUz1BQlM6RlQmYW1wO3R5cGU9Y3VycmVudCZhbXA7ZGF0ZT1K%20YW4rMDMlMjUyQysxOTk3JmFtcDthdXRob3I9QnkrQm9iK0dsYXViZXIuK1NU%20QUZGK1dSSVRFUiZhbXA7cHViPU5ld3NkYXkrJTI1MjhDb21iaW5lZCtlZGl0%20aW9ucyUyNTI5JmFtcDtkZXNjPU5GQytQTEFZT0ZGUyslMjUyRitQQUNLRVJT%20K1ZTLis0OUVSUyslMjUyRitQYWNraW5n
I remember seeing him cry a couple times after his "last game ever" when seasons would come to an end. It puts the teams in a bad position. How are they supposed to know when to draft a new qb? when to try and get a good one in a trade? Brett Favre caused all of the drama with the Packers. If he would have said "I'm going to play until 2010" they wouldn't have drafted Rodgers and would have said okay you go right ahead. If I was a vikings fan I wouldn't like the drama any more than I do now. If he had retired this year he would have left the Vikings with two not so good qbs.
thatguy422
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby winner-within » Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:32 pm

thatguy422 wrote:
winner-within wrote: The Farve drama doesn't bother me as much as most because I'm a vikes fan but I could see if you were not how it would.

I'm a Packers fan and the Favre drama bothered me then too. Brett Favre has been considering retirement since 1997. http://www.allvoices.com/s/event-5108504/aHR0cDovL3BxYXNiLnBxYXJjaGl2ZXIuY29tL25ld3NkYXkvYWNjZXNzLzE0%20MDMzMDM3Lmh0bWw/ZGlkcz0xNDAzMzAzNzoxNDAzMzAzNyZhbXA7Rk1UPUFC%20UyZhbXA7Rk1UUz1BQlM6RlQmYW1wO3R5cGU9Y3VycmVudCZhbXA7ZGF0ZT1K%20YW4rMDMlMjUyQysxOTk3JmFtcDthdXRob3I9QnkrQm9iK0dsYXViZXIuK1NU%20QUZGK1dSSVRFUiZhbXA7cHViPU5ld3NkYXkrJTI1MjhDb21iaW5lZCtlZGl0%20aW9ucyUyNTI5JmFtcDtkZXNjPU5GQytQTEFZT0ZGUyslMjUyRitQQUNLRVJT%20K1ZTLis0OUVSUyslMjUyRitQYWNraW5n
I remember seeing him cry a couple times after his "last game ever" when seasons would come to an end. It puts the teams in a bad position. How are they supposed to know when to draft a new qb? when to try and get a good one in a trade? Brett Favre caused all of the drama with the Packers. If he would have said "I'm going to play until 2010" they wouldn't have drafted Rodgers and would have said okay you go right ahead. If I was a vikings fan I wouldn't like the drama any more than I do now. If he had retired this year he would have left the Vikings with two not so good qbs.

that's what I said..."if your not a Vikes fan it would bother you"....and if you are a true Pack fan than you were probably ready to suffer a nervous break down....I'd rather have this type of Drama rather than dog fighting or the BS that TO causes etc etc....but you being a Packers fan explains more for me!! :)
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:45 pm

Brett puts on a show tonight....but AP gets the highlight real going and the VIKES smash the saints 28-14 :twisted:
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:42 am

He's all done
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby shooter! » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:18 am

[/quote]

Your so smart! Drew Breeze is such a baby face! and your point about peyton being watched at 2 years old is very true also. I heard that colleges such as ohio state, texas, and USC were offering peyton full rides when he was in his mothers womb! they definately wanted him after seeing him play flag football at 2 years old!!
shooter!
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndfan » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:56 am

Brett Favre is one of the most over rated quarter backs of all time, IMHO
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Indy5 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:35 pm

ndfan wrote:Brett Favre is one of the most over rated quarter backs of all time, IMHO

Agreed.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby cubsfan » Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:35 am

I would say he is overrated if you value him as a top five qb of all time, but I would say that he is a top ten one of all time. Do either of you believe he is a hall of famer?
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby shooter! » Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:29 am

cubsfan wrote:I would say he is overrated if you value him as a top five qb of all time, but I would say that he is a top ten one of all time. Do either of you believe he is a hall of famer?

is that even a question
shooter!
NDPreps Starter

Postby Indy5 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:42 pm

cubsfan wrote:I would say he is overrated if you value him as a top five qb of all time, but I would say that he is a top ten one of all time. Do either of you believe he is a hall of famer?

He's a hall of famer just because of all the records. I think he might be 9 or 10 all time if he's in the top 10.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Previous

Return to Open Topics - Sports and other things