College Football Scores, Highlights and Predictions

Talk about the world of sports here. And also a sub-forum to talk about anything else.

Postby Saas25 » Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:13 pm

So my pick for the Heisman, Michael Bush, was looking stellar tonight... 15 carries 124 yds and 3 td's but early in the 2nd half he got talked and his leg got caught under a guy and he broke his tibia so he is out for the season, but the backups filled in very nicely.  Any thoughts?  I'll have to find a new Heisman front runner now.
Saas25
NDPreps Starter

Postby NDSportsFan » Sun Sep 03, 2006 10:45 pm

Who's the genetic freak for Georgia Tech that almost beat Notre Dame singlehandedly.  6'5", runs a 4.4?
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndfan » Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:36 am

Calvin Johnson, considered the best Wide Receiver in the country, I agree I watched him play few times last year and against Notre Dame. Kids a flat out stud. Only a Junior so whenever he wants to enter draft he is a top 5 pick.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Ming01 » Mon Sep 04, 2006 7:40 am

Michael Bush had a great chance at winning the Heisman.  I'm gonna say Troy Smith is going to win it.  You'd have to think a QB would win it.  Here's who I think will win each conference:

ACC-FSU
Big 10- OSU
Big 12- Texas
Big East- Louisville- (yes, them over W.VA)
Pac 10- USC
SEC- Florida-(looked a little iffy on Sat.)

I'm gonna say Ohio St. vs USC in the BCS Title game with Ohio St winning it.
Last edited by Ming01 on Mon Sep 04, 2006 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndfan » Mon Sep 04, 2006 7:58 am

ACC- Miami
Big 10- Ohio State
Big 12- Texas
Big East- Louisville
Pac 10- USC
SEC- Auburn

I look for a USC vs. Auburn national championship game. Qb will win it, Adrian Peterson is best in the country, but plays on a overrated Oklahoma team that will lose a couple games this year.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Saas25 » Wed Sep 06, 2006 6:06 am

ACC- Florida State- there defense is the best in the country.. now they need to find there offense. potential to make it to the title game
Big 10- I really like Michigan here... Ohio State could end up with 2 or even 3 loses, but same goes for Michigan, Iowa and Penn State.  No clear cut favorite with the schedule each team plays
Big 12- Texas should win it for the 2nd year in a row.  watch out for Texas Tech
Big East- West Virgina... I did like Louisville in this one, but now that Michael Bush is hurt the Mountaineers have a better 1-2 punch.
Pac 10- USC- we'll see if this is the "rebuilding" year or not
SEC- Tennessee- they looked very impressive this past weekend.

Texas vs. Michigan in the title game.. with a repeat
Saas25
NDPreps Starter

Postby DeuceTrey » Sun Sep 10, 2006 5:25 pm

so much for texas in the championship. ohio state looks like they are a legitimate pick, and if florida state plays like they did against miami, and not like they did against troy, they could also play for the championship.
DeuceTrey
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Saas25 » Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:28 pm

I wouldn't rule out Texas being in the title game yet... if all the other good teams lose one game Texas will be ahead because they lost early and this happened about 10 years ago FSU beats Florida during the year and Florida came back to destroy FSU so the same could happen with Texas and OSU.
Saas25
NDPreps Starter

Postby Ming01 » Sat Sep 16, 2006 6:45 pm

There were some big games today in CFB.  My Gators escaped with a huge win over Tenn. 21-20.  Tim Tebow had some huge short running plays.  Notre Dame got pummeled,  I cannot believe they lost the way they did.  Usc continues too look impressive; Clemson defeated FSU on a last second td.  Auburn defeated Lsu in a low scoring affair.  Louisville derailed Miami, I was quite surprised they put up the 31 spot on their d.  Overall, today was a great day to watch college football.
Last edited by Ming01 on Sun Sep 17, 2006 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby DeuceTrey » Sun Sep 17, 2006 6:00 pm

i cant believe oklahoma lost to oregon, which was a very good game. also penn state came back with a win (even if it was youngstown state) and ohio state looked unstopable again.
DeuceTrey
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Saas25 » Wed Sep 20, 2006 5:46 am

DeuceTrey wrote:i cant believe oklahoma lost to oregon, which was a very good game. also penn state came back with a win (even if it was youngstown state) and ohio state looked unstopable again.

Oklahoma got completly screwed no just once but twice! How can the refs not see the ball didn't go 10 yds on the replay?  I picked Oregon to win this game but they didn't deserve to win the way they did.  These refs apoligized but that does nothing for Oklahoma.  There goes there title chase now because of the refs.
Saas25
NDPreps Starter

Postby NDSportsFan » Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:34 am

The big question is whether or not this loss will keep them out of playing in one of the major BCS bowls for millions of dollars.  That might be the after affect of this botched game by the refs. 
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Return to Open Topics - Sports and other things