Lebron James to the Heat.

Talk about the world of sports here. And also a sub-forum to talk about anything else.

Lebron James to the Heat.

Postby TDown » Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:40 am

I would like to know what some of the North Dakotans opinion on this is. . .
TDown
NDPreps Reserve

Re: Lebron James to the Heat.

Postby winner-within » Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:49 am

TDown wrote:I would like to know what some of the North Dakotans opinion on this is. . .

Its awesome....he has finally realized the importance of winning Championships vs being the Golden Boy of the NBA (which I dint think he liked anyway)...plus there is way more eye candy in south beach than Cleavland, DA!!!
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Rey Finkle(lacesout) » Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:49 pm

he should have stayed in Cleveland and been loyal to the cavilers. all the best players stayed with "their" team most of their career. (michael jordan, larry bird, kareem abdul jabar, kobe, and magic johnson are some examples) He will still be one of the best players to ball, but he kind of took an easy way out by going to a much better team instead of winning with what he's got.
Rey Finkle(lacesout)
NDPreps Reserve

Postby classB4ever » Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:14 pm

If he is the self proclaimed "King", then why did he have to go to another team? Why didn't he get other players to come to Cleveland? Don't want to hear playing in warm Miami vs. cold Cleveland, since all the players keep mentioning is " it's about winning a ring", so shouldn't matter where they do it at. I think the owner is right and James is a disgrace to the Cleveland community.
classB4ever
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby winner-within » Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:14 pm

Rey Finkle(lacesout) wrote:he should have stayed in Cleveland and been loyal to the cavilers. all the best players stayed with "their" team most of their career. (michael jordan, larry bird, kareem abdul jabar, kobe, and magic johnson are some examples) He will still be one of the best players to ball, but he kind of took an easy way out by going to a much better team instead of winning with what he's got.

He did stay, for seven years.....he made the Cavs the Cavs.....he by himself, with no help from the Owner, the coach, the organization....gets to be a heavy load, even LeBron had to break from!!!.....He's 25 and he doesn't have anymore time to wait for people to wake up and smell the toast.
The system allows FREE agency, society cant accept that, WHY?? because most people are geared that way....we are Not Lebron James or MJ or D-wade, they are their own person and we have to respect that. Nobody said squat when KG did it!

Vick..Tiger..Sprewell...etc etc. they have a right to be judged, the ones trying to better their legacy dont.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball » Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:36 pm

classB4ever wrote: I think the owner is right and James is a disgrace to the Cleveland community.

How? Because he wore a Yankees hat to an Indians game? Because he wore a Cowboy hat to a Browns game? Because he signed with Miami? I didnt know that since he lived in Cleveland he had to be a fan of the Indians and Browns. It's very well documented that LeBron is a huge Yankees fan, so why wouldn't he wear Yankee gear? It would be like Jack Nicholson moving to Dallas and wearing a Dirk jersey when the Lakers come to town.

I've gone to Kansas vs. Colorado games in Boulder to support Dufault, I wore Kansas gear. He had no problem with it because he knew I'm a huge Kansas guy, but still wanted to see him have success. That's something that the citizens of Cleveland never understood about LeBron. Loyalties dont change just by moving towns. If you see LeBron wearing a Marlins hat around Miami, then you can wonder, but i doubt that will happen.

I have never seen/heard LeBron say he was from Cleveland...always Akron. He was drafted by Cleveland, he had no say in that. He supported is favorite teams when they came to town. What an absolute horrible human being, just disgraceful...He had no right to be himself while he Cleveland. He should have put on an act and portrayed himself as a completely different person.

He owes Cleveland nothing.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball » Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:41 pm

Rey Finkle(lacesout) wrote:he should have stayed in Cleveland and been loyal to the cavilers. all the best players stayed with "their" team most of their career. (michael jordan, larry bird, kareem abdul jabar, kobe, and magic johnson are some examples) He will still be one of the best players to ball, but he kind of took an easy way out by going to a much better team instead of winning with what he's got.

Why would they leave? Jordan had Pippen. Bird had McHale and Parish. Magic had Kareem and vise versa. Kobe had Shaq, and when he didn't he demanded trades, then got Gasol and happy again all of a sudden. It's easy to praise people for staying put when they have LEGIT stars around them, but it's even easier to blame a guy for leaving when the best players he ever had next to him were Larry Hughes and Mo Williams...
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby Indy5 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:55 pm

baseball wrote:

Why would they leave? Jordan had Pippen. Bird had McHale and Parish. Magic had Kareem and vise versa. Kobe had Shaq, and when he didn't he demanded trades, then got Gasol and happy again all of a sudden. It's easy to praise people for staying put when they have LEGIT stars around them, but it's even easier to blame a guy for leaving when the best players he ever had next to him were Larry Hughes and Mo Williams...

Hahaha oh Mo Williams, the most hated on decent player. He was actually pretty good sometimes, but yet everyone ripped him. It was always, "Whose LeBron got? Mo Williams? Are you kidding me?" Which I guess is still pretty fair if Mo is your second best player, but the guy isn't as bad as we make him out to be.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby The Schwab » Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:19 pm

Indy5 wrote:
baseball wrote:

Hahaha oh Mo Williams, the most hated on decent player. He was actually pretty good sometimes, but yet everyone ripped him. It was always, "Whose LeBron got? Mo Williams? Are you kidding me?" Which I guess is still pretty fair if Mo is your second best player, but the guy isn't as bad as we make him out to be.

He was a fairly decent regular season player (mo williams) and in the playoffs he was brutal. Larry Hughes is a head case. I am so happy for LeBron, I'm not going to be one of those "new found heat fans" but I'm glad he finally gets to play with good players.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby Indy5 » Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:01 pm

The Schwab wrote:
Indy5 wrote:
baseball wrote:

He was a fairly decent regular season player (mo williams) and in the playoffs he was brutal. Larry Hughes is a head case. I am so happy for LeBron, I'm not going to be one of those "new found heat fans" but I'm glad he finally gets to play with good players.

I agree with you. I still would have liked to see him go to Chicago or NY. New York wouldn't be a much better place than Cleveland though.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby Rey Finkle(lacesout) » Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:09 pm

baseball wrote:

Pippen was good, but jordan made him an allstar. Was kobe traded??? no. Lebron quite... so if your highschool basketball team cant win, do you just go to the better bball school 20 miles down the road?? I would hope not, thats selfish.
Rey Finkle(lacesout)
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Indy5 » Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:31 pm

Rey Finkle(lacesout) wrote:
baseball wrote:

Pippen was good, but jordan made him an allstar. Was kobe traded??? no. Lebron quite... so if your highschool basketball team cant win, do you just go to the better bball school 20 miles down the road?? I would hope not, thats selfish.

If Kobe was a free agent, he would have left. He wanted to leave, hence demanding a trade. Pippen still would have been very good without Jordan.

And your high school analogy is way off base.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby balla45 » Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:44 pm

You can not really compare this to high school basketball. High school players are not paid, can not be traded, can not play for 20 years, do not get European players on the regular, etc.

It is not selfish to leave a bad team and go to a better team. It is a good career move. Why would LeBron stay in a place where he has no help and play for an owner who obviously hates him and will not bring him help because he does not want to pay the luxury tax, when he can go to a place with two other established superstars? It would not be intelligent to stay in Cleveland. He received no help in 7 years, it would then be logical for him to assume that he will receive no help ever.

LeBron is a smart man.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby Indy5 » Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:55 pm

balla45 wrote:You can not really compare this to high school basketball. High school players are not paid, can not be traded, can not play for 20 years, do not get European players on the regular, etc.

It is not selfish to leave a bad team and go to a better team. It is a good career move. Why would LeBron stay in a place where he has no help and play for an owner who obviously hates him and will not bring him help because he does not want to pay the luxury tax, when he can go to a place with two other established superstars? It would not be intelligent to stay in Cleveland. He received no help in 7 years, it would then be logical for him to assume that he will receive no help ever.

LeBron is a smart man.

I don't think Gilbert would hate him had he stayed in Cleveland. :D
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby classB4ever » Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:23 pm

baseball wrote:
classB4ever wrote: I think the owner is right and James is a disgrace to the Cleveland community.

How? Because he wore a Yankees hat to an Indians game? Because he wore a Cowboy hat to a Browns game? Because he signed with Miami? I didnt know that since he lived in Cleveland he had to be a fan of the Indians and Browns. It's very well documented that LeBron is a huge Yankees fan, so why wouldn't he wear Yankee gear? It would be like Jack Nicholson moving to Dallas and wearing a Dirk jersey when the Lakers come to town.

I've gone to Kansas vs. Colorado games in Boulder to support Dufault, I wore Kansas gear. He had no problem with it because he knew I'm a huge Kansas guy, but still wanted to see him have success. That's something that the citizens of Cleveland never understood about LeBron. Loyalties dont change just by moving towns. If you see LeBron wearing a Marlins hat around Miami, then you can wonder, but i doubt that will happen.

I have never seen/heard LeBron say he was from Cleveland...always Akron. He was drafted by Cleveland, he had no say in that. He supported is favorite teams when they came to town. What an absolute horrible human being, just disgraceful...He had no right to be himself while he Cleveland. He should have put on an act and portrayed himself as a completely different person.

Not sure what the first 3 paragraphs are about. I personally could care less whether or not he wore LA Laker paraphernalia during the regular season of the NBA. Just as long as he came to do his job. And Lebron did. My problem is he says he's the King. Then why doesn't he bring better players to Cleveland? Why wasn't he willing to take a pay cut in Cleveland to bring better players there? He is doing it now. I am sure that the owner of Cleveland would have loved to bring more talent there. During Jordan's reign, he was the 9th - 24th (depending on the year) highest paid player in the NBA. There was a reason they could surround him with more talent. KG was no better. I don't expect anybody to agree with me on this, and don't care. It is about loyalty. It's been gone in pro sports for many years. Doesn't mean we all have to agree with it. When KG went to Boston it was because Minny couldn't surround him with talent. They tried, but only so much they could do. When you are getting 120 million over 6 years, it's not that easy to find quality players to work into the system (and the Joe Smith debacle didn't help). Why didn't KG take a pay cut if a ring was so important? You can all call it smart, savvy, whatever. I call it selfish. That's the beauty of us all being able to have our own opinion. You know who the smart one is? It's not Lebron. It's D-Wade. He's the one that pulled it all off and is sitting at home smiling right now.
classB4ever
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Indy5 » Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:31 pm

classB4ever wrote:
Not sure what the first 3 paragraphs are about. I personally could care less whether or not he wore LA Laker paraphernalia during the regular season of the NBA. Just as long as he came to do his job. And Lebron did. My problem is he says he's the King. Then why doesn't he bring better players to Cleveland? Why wasn't he willing to take a pay cut in Cleveland to bring better players there? He is doing it now. I am sure that the owner of Cleveland would have loved to bring more talent there. During Jordan's reign, he was the 9th - 24th (depending on the year) highest paid player in the NBA. There was a reason they could surround him with more talent. KG was no better. I don't expect anybody to agree with me on this, and don't care. It is about loyalty. It's been gone in pro sports for many years. Doesn't mean we all have to agree with it. When KG went to Boston it was because Minny couldn't surround him with talent. They tried, but only so much they could do. When you are getting 120 million over 6 years, it's not that easy to find quality players to work into the system (and the Joe Smith debacle didn't help). Why didn't KG take a pay cut if a ring was so important? You can all call it smart, savvy, whatever. I call it selfish. That's the beauty of us all being able to have our own opinion. You know who the smart one is? It's not Lebron. It's D-Wade. He's the one that pulled it all off and is sitting at home smiling right now.

They gave KG Marbury and they couldn't make it work. Granted that was probably more Marbury fault.

I don't think Minnesota made very good moves. The worst move, to me, was trading Brandon Roy for Randy Foye and money. Say they keep Roy, their record improves by 5 to 10 games the next year IMO. Also, I didn't like trading away Mayo for Mike Miller and Love.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby Rey Finkle(lacesout) » Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:13 pm

Most of the old loyal players like Jordan, bird, ect. would take the challenge of staying in Cleveland and want to face good talent like Wade and Bosch... not join them. IMO
Rey Finkle(lacesout)
NDPreps Reserve

Postby The Schwab » Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:16 pm

Rey Finkle(lacesout) wrote:Most of the old loyal players like Jordan, bird, ect. would take the challenge of staying in Cleveland and want to face good talent like Wade and Bosch... not join them. IMO

Well if your going to say that then you have to say Bosh would have accepted the challenge in Toronto, Amare' in Phoneix, Boozer in Utah etc...

I don't think we can blame LeBron, it's the culture of Pro sports, but for once he wasn't after more money, he was after championships and for that I applaud him.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby balla45 » Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:00 pm

Rey Finkle(lacesout) wrote:Most of the old loyal players like Jordan, bird, ect. would take the challenge of staying in Cleveland and want to face good talent like Wade and Bosch... not join them. IMO

Bird had great players around him. Jordan still had Pippen and Rodman.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball » Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:32 pm

classB4ever wrote:
baseball wrote:

The first 3 paragraphs were a response to you saying he was a disgrace to teh city of Cleveland. Then your reply made it sound like the only reason you called him a disgrace was because he moved.

Scenerio for ya....you are offered 2 jobs, same wages, same duties, everything's the same, only difference is one's in fargo, and the other is in bismarck. you work at the company in bismarck and the job they are offering is a promotion, while the one in Fargo is a fresh start. now since championships arent really awarded in teh business world...say the promotion in bismarck offer is various hours with occasional weekends. now the one in fargo is straight 9-5, M-F, never a weekend ever. Which do you take? Do you stay in bismarck because you don't want people mad at you? Or do you go to Fargo, where it's more convienient for yourself?
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:36 pm

Lebron was Loyal to Cleavland and Ohio for 7 years....now you will see him be very loyal to Miami for 6 years, he will be loyal wherever he plays....he will also Dominate wherever he plays...the only differense is now his team will be more feared come playoff time.
I look at this move as being very smart...its at the right time in his career.
Owners and superstars or super coaches rarley see eye to eye, even Jordan left to play Baseball and then to the wizards after saying Chicago was the only place he would play and Jackson was the only coach he would play for, Its a buisiness, and LeBron has taken advatage of a very unique situation...this team will be fun to watch, it will be for LeBron, like the Collage team he never got to play for.

and for the people who are crying about Lebron leaving Cleavland for bigger and better things...and relating it to "pro sports gone bad" I think is a joke... pro sports gives its players options and thats that.

I think what they should do in Pro Sports is have mandatory evaluation of the Billionare who sells their internet company and buys a team thinking he's a Basketball genius and then finding out he's just another arrogant Jackazz who knows nothing about TEAM....Example: its kinda like the high profile California lawyer who moves out to Idaho to become a Potato farmer, Lose Lose situation.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Rey Finkle(lacesout) » Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:58 pm

Lebron Quit
Rey Finkle(lacesout)
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Indy5 » Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:41 pm

Rey Finkle(lacesout) wrote:Lebron Quit

How did he quit? You give no reason. He quit because Cleveland was no good and he could never get any help, so he went somewhere that it would be possible to win a championship. LeBron is a great player, but I don't care how great you are, you won't win a title with that supporting cast. To show how bad his teammates are, look at Cleveland now. LeBron leaves and we wonder if they'll even make the playoffs.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby Indy5 » Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:45 pm

Saw the greatest thing ever today.

USA Today reports: Anyone interested in a Fathead of LeBron James wearing a Cavaliers uniform can get a bargain price: They have been marked down drastically on the Fathead Web site, from $99.99 to $17.41.

Why $17.41? Well, Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert is the driving financial force behind Fathead. And 1741 just happens to be the birth year of the first traitor of note in American history, Benedict Arnold.

Hahaha I think it's awesome.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby balla45 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:14 am

Rey Finkle(lacesout) wrote:Lebron Quit

LeBron did not quit. He will be playing for the Miami Heat. He most certainly did not quit. Trust me.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Next

Return to Open Topics - Sports and other things