Lebron James to the Heat.

Talk about the world of sports here. And also a sub-forum to talk about anything else.

Re: Lebron James to the Heat.

Postby winner-within » Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:17 am

Lebron has done wonders for this team.....MVP for the All-Star Game
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndfan » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:56 am

winner-within wrote:Lebron has done wonders for this team.....MVP for the All-Star Game

I'm gonna go with Durant as the All Star MVP if west wins, James (Sadly) if east wins.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby BasketballMind » Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:54 pm

TDown wrote:I would like to know what some of the North Dakotans opinion on this is. . .

No problem at all with him leaving, it's a business. I don't agree with how he did it. Michael Jordan wasn't worth all the attention LeBron gets. No athlete should have a 1-hour prime time television event about where they are going to play the next season. Lebron is a great player, and his reason behind leaving is admirable and selfless, but he sure went about it in an arrogant, "look-at-me" way.
BasketballMind
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndfan » Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:38 am

So i wonder which 2 of the big 3 were crying after the game yesterday!! :mrgreen:
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:58 am

ndfan wrote:So i wonder which 2 of the big 3 were crying after the game yesterday!! :mrgreen:

Thought that was funny, I think it was Spoltra...He may be heading down the road :mrgreen:
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndfan » Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:08 am

winner-within wrote:
ndfan wrote:So i wonder which 2 of the big 3 were crying after the game yesterday!! :mrgreen:

Thought that was funny, I think it was Spoltra...He may be heading down the road :mrgreen:

I may have to ask around and see how many times Jordan, Pippen, and Horace Grant cried in the locker room after a loss. :mrgreen:

You're correct Spoltra needs to hit the road, I'm sure he is a fine coach but this team needs a veteran coach who can deal with the biggest ego's this sports ever had. Phil Jackson is licking his chops right now and I would be shocked he is not coaching the heat next year.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:29 am

ndfan wrote:
winner-within wrote:

I may have to ask around and see how many times Jordan, Pippen, and Horace Grant cried in the locker room after a loss. :mrgreen:

You're correct Spoltra needs to hit the road, I'm sure he is a fine coach but this team needs a veteran coach who can deal with the biggest ego's this sports ever had. Phil Jackson is licking his chops right now and I would be shocked he is not coaching the heat next year.

Phil is getting up there, I think he will be done Pat does not want to come down from the stands but I think he will to get them through the playoffs...I still cant believe James took to the south Beach...if he had in fact went to the Bulls or the Knicks they would be the clear cut favorite right now at this point....I think Mike Miller will start hitting ala Tony kukoc...Bibby will gel into the mix (takes a little time) and they will be a force to reckon with in June...LeBron has to go back to triple double style play, he has been trying to win by himself to much in these last 4 losses....doesn't trust anyone, he has to trust.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby cubsfan » Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:06 pm

They should've not signed one of three and actually put a team around them. You don't sign one of them and they could have signed someone like Raymond Felton and a center like Tyson Chandler. They also could have added some more pieces off the bench also.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby winner-within » Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:31 pm

cubsfan wrote:They should've not signed one of three and actually put a team around them. You don't sign one of them and they could have signed someone like Raymond Felton and a center like Tyson Chandler. They also could have added some more pieces off the bench also.

Which will come in the next couple of season a little at a time, they still win it all this year is my prediction...Stamina!
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby cubsfan » Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:49 pm

Not if the new cba installs a hard cap. I don't think they are going to be able to afford much of anything else.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby winner-within » Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:22 pm

cubsfan wrote:Not if the new cba installs a hard cap. I don't think they are going to be able to afford much of anything else.

If, being the key word which will go for all teams, nobody has a complete edge on the Heat as we speak...Not even the mighty Lakers.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby cubsfan » Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:31 pm

I would say that right now, they are at best the fourth best team in the east.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Woodside » Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:37 pm

Chris Bosh, now that he isn't as much of a high-usage player as he was in Toronto, isn't looking all that spectacular anymore.

This flop says all: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9oInCQNzvs
Woodside
NDPreps Reserve

Postby BasketballMind » Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:40 pm

The East is becoming more and more competitive and strong every day. Orlando, Chicago, and Boston are all teams I would pick to beat Miami in the playoffs and I could see Atlanta even beat them with all their experience together. The Knicks aren't that far off either and I think if they played them it would go 6-7 games. I think we can all agree Spoelstra is not the right fit for this team.
BasketballMind
NDPreps All-State

Postby winner-within » Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:27 pm

cubsfan wrote:I would say that right now, they are at best the fourth best team in the east.

I would say they are the most feared team in the east for any Coach who will be meeting them in the Playoffs, I would go onto say that they are once again in a post All-Star game slump...Bringing in Bibby has them really searching for new ideas...Mike Miller cant hit a three unless its after the whistle, Bosh is being ignored and Lebron quit sharing the ball as much.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Deuces24 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:47 pm

I, being a Lakers fan, love to see them struggle. They were supposed to be the team that breaks the record for the most wins in a single season, but now i barely consider them a top team. I have the Lakers, Spurs, and Mavs better then them in the West, and the Bulls, Celtics, and Magic better then them in the East. Bosh has completely disappeared, and they have no role players. Joel Anthony?? Eric Dampier??...they wont win until they have some solid role players.
Deuces24
NDPreps Reserve

Postby winner-within » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:02 pm

Deuces24 wrote:I, being a Lakers fan, love to see them struggle. They were supposed to be the team that breaks the record for the most wins in a single season, but now i barely consider them a top team. I have the Lakers, Spurs, and Mavs better then them in the West, and the Bulls, Celtics, and Magic better then them in the East. Bosh has completely disappeared, and they have no role players. Joel Anthony?? Eric Dampier??...they wont win until they have some solid role players.

You will see struggle when the lakers try and get out of the west
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Previous

Return to Open Topics - Sports and other things