Tony Parker

Talk about the world of sports here. And also a sub-forum to talk about anything else.

Tony Parker

Postby Indy5 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:02 pm

I just heard Tony Parker say he thinks he is the 3rd best point guard in the league. HA! This really cracks me up. There is no way. I don't think he is even top 10 so I was wondering who everyone's top 10 point guards would be.

1. Rondo
2. Williams
3. Paul
4. Nash
5. Rose
6. Westbrook
7. Nelson
8. Kidd
9. Billups
10. Harris, Jennings, Curry, and Evans(if you count him as a point guard)

If you count Evans as a point guard, I put him at 8 and everyone moves down one. This puts Parker at 14 on my list. And depending on how Wall and Turner are next year, plus how Flynn imropves, he could slide even more. You could also make a case for Aaron Brooks as well.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Re: Tony Parker

Postby ndfan » Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:19 pm

1. Paul
2. Williams
3. Rondo
4. Nash
5. Parker
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball » Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:46 pm

Indy5 wrote:I just heard Tony Parker say he thinks he is the 3rd best point guard in the league. HA! This really cracks me up. There is no way. I don't think he is even top 10 so I was wondering who everyone's top 10 point guards would be.

1. Rondo
2. Williams
3. Paul
4. Nash
5. Rose
6. Westbrook
7. Nelson
8. Kidd
9. Billups

If you count Evans as a point guard, I put him at 8 and everyone moves down one. This puts Parker at 14 on my list. And depending on how Wall and Turner are next year, plus how Flynn imropves, he could slide even more. You could also make a case for Aaron Brooks as well.

IMO, Evans is more of a PG then Curry is. and Turner will play the 2.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby Indy5 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:08 pm

baseball wrote:
Indy5 wrote:I just heard Tony Parker say he thinks he is the 3rd best point guard in the league. HA! This really cracks me up. There is no way. I don't think he is even top 10 so I was wondering who everyone's top 10 point guards would be.

1. Rondo
2. Williams
3. Paul
4. Nash
5. Rose
6. Westbrook
7. Nelson
8. Kidd
9. Billups

Ok, I see your point there. I'd consider both point guards. Curry played a lot of it this year. I think Turner will play a little 1 as well as the 2.

And ndfan, really? You think Parker is the fifth best point guard?
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby BballFan1307 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:53 am

First, rajon rondo is not the best point guard in the league. Considering Steve Nash has won two MVPS i think he has to be number 1. Rondo has only had 2 breakout years, if he can sustain it for at least 4-5 more years yeah he can be considered, but i'd go...
1. Nash
2. Paul
3. Williams
4. Rondo
5. Parker
6. Billups
7. Rose
8. Westbrook
9. Evans
10. Jennings

Also, Tony Parker is easily in the top 10 pgs i could have had him just as high as the others, he has won a finals mvp and scored the most points in the paint the last couple years as a PG.
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:20 am

1. Nash
2. Paul
3. Williams
4. Rondo
5. Rose
6. Westbrook
7. Evans
8. Parker
9. Billups
10. Flynn
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby ndfan » Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:11 pm

Indy5 wrote:
baseball wrote:

1. Rondo
2. Williams
3. Paul
4. Nash
5. Rose
6. Westbrook
7. Nelson
8. Kidd
9. Billups

Ok, I see your point there. I'd consider both point guards. Curry played a lot of it this year. I think Turner will play a little 1 as well as the 2.

Yes I do.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Indy5 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:27 pm

I just don't see how he can be in the top 10. 2 or 3 years ago, I'd put him in the top 5 for sure, but I feel point guard play has improved a lot and he has gone downhill some.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:40 pm

Indy5 wrote:I just don't see how he can be in the top 10. 2 or 3 years ago, I'd put him in the top 5 for sure, but I feel point guard play has improved a lot and he has gone downhill some.

agreed...I think Ginobli is more of an asset to the spurs than Parker...I realize that this isn't sticking to the topic but he makes Parker's job at point less of a true task like Paul's job or Nash or williams...Parker is about #10 in my book.
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball » Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:46 pm

Indy5 wrote:
baseball wrote:

1. Rondo
2. Williams
3. Paul
4. Nash
5. Rose
6. Westbrook
7. Nelson
8. Kidd
9. Billups

True, Curry played alot of PG for the Warriors, but I still think he's a 2 forced to play the 1 out of necessity. Who else do the Warriors have? Monte Ellis? same thing. both 2's so one had to run the point.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby Indy5 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:17 pm

baseball wrote:
True, Curry played alot of PG for the Warriors, but I still think he's a 2 forced to play the 1 out of necessity. Who else do the Warriors have? Monte Ellis? same thing. both 2's so one had to run the point.

True. I used to think of Ellis of more of a 1 but now I think of him as more of a 2. Maybe a little of that is cause he can't shoot at all, just a great slasher. I think Curry is a good combo guard. His skills translate well to playing both. His last year at Davidson probably helped prepare him to play more point in the NBA because he didn't have Richards to play the 1. Richards was a really solid point, taking pressure off of Curry.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndfan » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:17 am

Parker is the PG of the team with the best record in the league, top 3 no doubt :mrgreen:
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:14 am

ndfan wrote:Parker is the PG of the team with the best record in the league, top 3 no doubt :mrgreen:

Yea it looks like his Divorce really made him come out of his shell this season, I'll take Lebron for my point man. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby gobison#6 » Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:04 pm

1. Paul
2. Williams
3. Rondo
4. Rose
5. Nash
6. Westbrook
7. Billups
8. Nelson
9. Evans
10. Jennings
That is what I think as of right now. If you were going with more of a legendary factor for active point guards Nash would be on top followed by Kidd and Parker.
Hail the Bison!
gobison#6
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndfan » Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:47 pm

Just wondering how you guys would rank the top point guards three years later?
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby balla45 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:52 pm

Rose - out because of injury.
Westbrook - out because of shooting WAY too much. Combo guard IMO.

Chris Paul.
Kyrie Irving.
Tony Parker.
Rajon Rondo.
Deron Williams.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby Indy5 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:28 pm

balla45 wrote:Rose - out because of injury.
Westbrook - out because of shooting WAY too much. Combo guard IMO.

Chris Paul.
Kyrie Irving.
Tony Parker.
Rajon Rondo.
Deron Williams.

I'd agree with this. Kyrie Irving has really come on strong this year. Showing a major clutch gene late in games.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Return to Open Topics - Sports and other things