2010 NBA Finals

Talk about the world of sports here. And also a sub-forum to talk about anything else.

2010 NBA Finals

Postby Flip » Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:44 pm

I'm going for the Celtics, but I think the Lakers will win. I think they are better than they were two years ago and the Celtics aren't as good. Rondo is obviously much better, but the Big 3 have all declined some. As for the Lakers everyone on their team seems to be as good or better than they were two seasons ago. Fisher might not be as good, but he still makes some big shots. I'm hoping Rondo kills him. Fisher struggles with the really quick point guards. Garnett and Perkins match up pretty well against Gasol and Bynum, but Perkins is one T away from suspension and Wallace isn't as good as Odom and he's hurt. Kobe has the advantage over Allen obviously and Artest might be able to slow down Pierce even if he can't hit a shot.

Thoughts?
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Re: 2010 NBA Finals

Postby baseball » Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:46 am

Garnett, Rondo, Pierce, Allen, and Perkins have never lost a playoff series as the starting lineup. I got the Celtics in 6.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby MARKWALD23 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:11 pm

baseball wrote:Garnett, Rondo, Pierce, Allen, and Perkins have never lost a playoff series as the starting lineup. I got the Celtics in 6.

Phil Jackson coached teams are 47-0 in series when they have won game 1.
MARKWALD23
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby winner-within » Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:30 pm

MARKWALD23 wrote:
baseball wrote:Garnett, Rondo, Pierce, Allen, and Perkins have never lost a playoff series as the starting lineup. I got the Celtics in 6.

Never say Never.....Lakers in 5
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby The Schwab » Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:12 pm

Celtics played about as bad as they could have in game 1. I dont see LA winning in Boston, Celtics in 6.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball » Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:17 pm

winner-within wrote:
MARKWALD23 wrote:

said never have...not never will....
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:15 pm

The Schwab wrote:Celtics played about as bad as they could have in game 1. I dont see LA winning in Boston, Celtics in 6.

The Celtics aren't beating the Lakers 4 times in a row.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball » Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:38 pm

Flip wrote:
The Schwab wrote:Celtics played about as bad as they could have in game 1. I dont see LA winning in Boston, Celtics in 6.

The Celtics aren't beating the Lakers 4 times in a row.

"Celtics in 6". they've only played one game. Celtics need to win 4. 6-1=5.
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:51 pm

baseball wrote:"Celtics in 6". they've only played one game. Celtics need to win 4. 6-1=5.

If Boston wins all their home games and win in 6 they have to win 4 in a row.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:59 pm

baseball wrote:
winner-within wrote:
MARKWALD23 wrote:

Never anything .. Lakers in 5
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball » Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:09 pm

Flip wrote:
baseball wrote:"Celtics in 6". they've only played one game. Celtics need to win 4. 6-1=5.

If Boston wins all their home games and win in 6 they have to win 4 in a row.

ok you win haha
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:38 am

baseball wrote:
winner-within wrote:
MARKWALD23 wrote:

and now they will...but thanks for pointing that out! Game over!
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Indy5 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:05 pm

winner-within wrote:

You seriously think LA will win the next two in Boston also?
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby The Schwab » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:38 pm

I didn't think the Lakers would win last night. I also feel that many people don't talk about Kobe forcing shots last night, 29 shots.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:47 pm

Indy5 wrote:
winner-within wrote:

Nope, but if they do it wont surprise me! makes my prediction wrong if they don't but they may have to win it at home in 6...wont go seven
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:49 pm

The Schwab wrote:I didn't think the Lakers would win last night. I also feel that many people don't talk about Kobe forcing shots last night, 29 shots.

Jordan was notorious for 28, 29 ,30....reggie Miller was more like 30-35 that's why you hire re-bounders...remember its a business and a job too. He also was smart enough to get it to his bread and butter, FISHER just like Jordan used to with Paxon and Kerr
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:04 pm

Indy5 wrote:
winner-within wrote:

It took a Fisher career-game (playoffs) and Ray Allen going 0-13 to squek one out...c's will be up 3-2 when it goes back to LA
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:08 pm

winner-within wrote:
The Schwab wrote:I didn't think the Lakers would win last night. I also feel that many people don't talk about Kobe forcing shots last night, 29 shots.

Jordan was notorious for 28, 29 ,30....reggie Miller was more like 30-35 that's why you hire re-bounders...remember its a business and a job too. He also was smart enough to get it to his bread and butter, FISHER just like Jordan used to with Paxon and Kerr

Just because they took alot of shots doesnt mean Kobe didnt force shots. one specific shots sticks out to me, middle of the 4th quarter. he picks up his dribble on the left wing, glances to the corner, noones there so he glances to the top, no one, so he turns and hoists up a 20 foot fade away with tony allen right in his mug. still plenty of time on the shot clock, and he gave no one a chance to get open. as Shannon Brown was sprinting on the baseline from one corner to the other to try to help him out but he didnt even give him a chance to get there.

and as far as Reggie Miller taking "more like 30-35"...I would go back and check those NBA recordings you have...
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:45 pm

winner-within wrote:Jordan was notorious for 28, 29 ,30....reggie Miller was more like 30-35 that's why you hire re-bounders...remember its a business and a job too. He also was smart enough to get it to his bread and butter, FISHER just like Jordan used to with Paxon and Kerr

Miller averaged less than 15 shots per playoff game. Kobe had 4 assists last night and none were to Fisher. Again you have no idea what you're talking about.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:50 pm

Flip wrote:
winner-within wrote:Jordan was notorious for 28, 29 ,30....reggie Miller was more like 30-35 that's why you hire re-bounders...remember its a business and a job too. He also was smart enough to get it to his bread and butter, FISHER just like Jordan used to with Paxon and Kerr

Miller averaged less than 15 shots per playoff game. Kobe had 4 assists last night and none were to Fisher. Again you have no idea what you're talking about.

I wasn't talking Playoffs....whats the difference your star is your star and he shoots the most....and obviously you didn't watch the game because Kobe is the one who told Fisher to post up and take his man one on one....I didn't say he passed him the ball....don't you watch the press conferences????? I know what I'm talking about and I dont talk out of my ___ like you do
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:11 pm

winner-within wrote:I wasn't talking Playoffs....whats the difference your star is your star and he shoots the most....and obviously you didn't watch the game because Kobe is the one who told Fisher to post up and take his man one on one....I didn't say he passed him the ball....don't you watch the press conferences????? I know what I'm talking about and I dont talk out of my ___ like you do

Miller's average shot per game was less during the regular season, but maybe you were talking preseason?

I rarely watch press conferences.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:18 pm

Flip wrote:
winner-within wrote:I wasn't talking Playoffs....whats the difference your star is your star and he shoots the most....and obviously you didn't watch the game because Kobe is the one who told Fisher to post up and take his man one on one....I didn't say he passed him the ball....don't you watch the press conferences????? I know what I'm talking about and I dont talk out of my ___ like you do

Miller's average shot per game was less during the regular season, but maybe you were talking preseason?

Miller was a gunslinger, a flat out ball hog with a crybaby attitude and was always shooting
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby The Schwab » Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:32 pm

winner-within wrote:
Flip wrote:

Miller was a gunslinger, a flat out ball hog with a crybaby attitude and was always shooting

12 shots a game during the regular season, averaged 18 points a game. Shot 47 percent for his career.

15 shots a game during the post season, averaged 20 points a game. Shot 45 percent for his post season career.

His most shots in a game ever was 29...funny, Kobe jacked up that many in game 3 and no one was suprised. Get your facts straight seriously.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:04 pm

The Schwab wrote:
winner-within wrote:
Flip wrote:

12 shots a game during the regular season, averaged 18 points a game. Shot 47 percent for his career.

15 shots a game during the post season, averaged 20 points a game. Shot 45 percent for his post season career.

His most shots in a game ever was 29...funny, Kobe jacked up that many in game 3 and no one was suprised. Get your facts straight seriously.

He shot three in 8 seconds and made them all :) ....my point was 29 is nothing for 13 year veteran who is your shooting guard and I've already stated that I know Kobe is a Ball hog (still good though) I have seen this argument before with Jordan (who was notorious for being in the 20's) and whoever it was had noted 35 shot by someone and off the cuff I thought it was Miller...but anyhow it looks like old Reggie should have shot more. I'm not a stat man, I played....and if I'm picking my favorites I pick them with my eyes. but in the mean time, Please forgive me
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby The Schwab » Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:14 pm

so your saying people who played aren't stat guys?
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Next

Return to Open Topics - Sports and other things