2010 NBA Finals

Talk about the world of sports here. And also a sub-forum to talk about anything else.

Re: 2010 NBA Finals

Postby winner-within » Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:33 pm

The Schwab wrote:so your saying people who played aren't stat guys?

I'm saying Kobe wasn't counting Tuesday night...its like Farve or Payton when they each throw 3 interceptions but still win the football game...who gives a sweet
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby The Schwab » Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:37 pm

i would absolutely loved to have seen Kobe play against Jordan in his prime. Especially in the east having to play against the bad boys. Kobe played a good chunk of his years when the league was at an all time low, it is only starting to rise back up again.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:48 pm

The Schwab wrote:i would absolutely loved to have seen Kobe play against Jordan in his prime. Especially in the east having to play against the bad boys. Kobe played a good chunk of his years when the league was at an all time low, it is only starting to rise back up again.

i would agree with you there.....I think your saying when Jordan was in his prime? ....Kobe would get torched...When i watch Kobe play he is not near as fluid as MJ or Lebron he looks like he has to push on every thing he does...but the kid has so much drive its unimaginable...he's always bothered me with his emulations and gestures of MJ's ......he totally idolized the man....but he's not an MJ, he's Kobe
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby The Schwab » Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:35 am

winner-within wrote:
The Schwab wrote:i would absolutely loved to have seen Kobe play against Jordan in his prime. Especially in the east having to play against the bad boys. Kobe played a good chunk of his years when the league was at an all time low, it is only starting to rise back up again.

i would agree with you there.....I think your saying when Jordan was in his prime? ....Kobe would get torched...When i watch Kobe play he is not near as fluid as MJ or Lebron he looks like he has to push on every thing he does...but the kid has so much drive its unimaginable...he's always bothered me with his emulations and gestures of MJ's ......he totally idolized the man....but he's not an MJ, he's Kobe

Wow I never thought we would agree on anything haha. I will give you that Kobe has an insane amount of drive, and I think LeBron will develop that.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:56 am

The Schwab wrote:
winner-within wrote:

Wow I never thought we would agree on anything haha. I will give you that Kobe has an insane amount of drive, and I think LeBron will develop that.

I dont know if that can be developed....I personally think its developed at a young age..possibly being born with it...if its developed in a sense that it seems like a "chip on the shoulder" which I see from Kobe at times and some others in the NBA...it could be from a tougher upbringing...or a hard nose coach along the line etc.etc. or a father who demands it....or having older brothers or sisters to chase.
LeBron was raised way more as the golden child (compared to Kobe, Magic, MJ, Bird) and set high on a pedestal at a young age...he carries himself in an unbelievably mature and composed way...he's smooth...he's extremely strong and athletic and he knows that...but he would step away from confrontation instead of sink his nose into it....He needs the right team and the right coach....plain and simple!
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:21 am

Lakers??? boston???

I say Lakers......Kobe will clinic out...Role players will step up...and Rondo will be the best Point Guard in the League as next season approaches!!!!!!!
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Indy5 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:24 am

baseball wrote:Garnett, Rondo, Pierce, Allen, and Perkins have never lost a playoff series as the starting lineup. I got the Celtics in 6.

Now we will never know for this series because of Perkins knee injury.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:28 am

Indy5 wrote:
baseball wrote:Garnett, Rondo, Pierce, Allen, and Perkins have never lost a playoff series as the starting lineup. I got the Celtics in 6.

He started game six...he said celts in 6
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Indy5 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:13 pm

winner-within wrote:
Indy5 wrote:

I'm not talking about his prediction. I'm talking about Rondo, Allen, Pierce, Garnett, and Perkins never losing a playoff series as the starting 5. They can still win but if they lose, you would have to think the game would have been a little different with Perkins in the game.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:10 pm

Indy5 wrote:
winner-within wrote:
Indy5 wrote:

I'm not talking about his prediction. I'm talking about Rondo, Allen, Pierce, Garnett, and Perkins never losing a playoff series as the starting 5. They can still win but if they lose, you would have to think the game would have been a little different with Perkins in the game.

Perkins ailing hurts Boston more than Bynum ailing hurts lakers......although I think Lakers would have gotten game 5 if Bynum would have been even 60%....regardless the Lakers are the better team...anytime you have the best player out of the two teams playing on your team in a game seven, you are at an advantage...Interesting note though....Phil has never been in a Finals game seven situation.....I have a spooky feeling about this one.....Lakers should win....but I have a spooky feeling :)
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby MARKWALD23 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:36 pm

Indy5 wrote:
winner-within wrote:
Indy5 wrote:

I don't know if your a celtics fan but I see you making excuses for the celtics.
MARKWALD23
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Indy5 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:52 pm

MARKWALD23 wrote:
Indy5 wrote:
winner-within wrote:
Indy5 wrote:

I don't know if your a celtics fan but I see you making excuses for the celtics.

I'm not a Celtics fan. I like the Thunder. And I'm not making excuses for Boston, I am just stating that if the Celtics lose this series, we can't really say that those 5 lost their first one. And thats because they didn't have one of their 5 starters in the most important game of the series.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby MARKWALD23 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:01 pm

Indy5 wrote:
MARKWALD23 wrote:
Indy5 wrote:
winner-within wrote:
Indy5 wrote:

I'm not a Celtics fan. I like the Thunder. And I'm not making excuses for Boston, I am just stating that if the Celtics lose this series, we can't really say that those 5 lost their first one. And thats because they didn't have one of their 5 starters in the most important game of the series.

How can you say that when the same thing happened to Bynum in the 08 season.
MARKWALD23
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby winner-within » Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:07 pm

Indy5 wrote:
MARKWALD23 wrote:
Indy5 wrote:
winner-within wrote:
Indy5 wrote:

I don't know if your a Celtics fan but I see you making excuses for the Celtics.

I'm not a Celtics fan. I like the Thunder. And I'm not making excuses for Boston, I am just stating that if the Celtics lose this series, we can't really say that those 5 lost their first one. And that's because they didn't have one of their 5 starters in the most important game of the series.

The stat has been noted...just another stat....that starting five is now where near a spectacular starting five of the past anyways....if they lose, your right....the starting five that made the stat a reality will never start another game together anyways which returns me to the fact that they were stacked together to win a championship....and that they did....tonight they come close without Perkins....I am taking the Lakers in overtime :P
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Indy5 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:18 pm

MARKWALD23 wrote:
Indy5 wrote:
MARKWALD23 wrote:
Indy5 wrote:
winner-within wrote:
Indy5 wrote:

Your really not getting the point. The point is, baseball gave a stat that Rondo, Allen, Pierce, Garnett, and Perkins had never lost a playoff series as a starting five. Now I said that because of Perkins injury, that stat won't apply to this series. I'm not making an excuse or comparing them to anyone.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:21 am

Game Ball goes to Artest....Kobe compensated Offense and being double and tripled teamed for 15 rebounds....WOW!....NBA doesn't play D....I hope I don't here that again!!!
hats off to the Celtics they played to win, just to hard to do on the road...the Celtics will fall hard next season...Lakers should hang in there, this summer is going to be fun, watching all the maneuvers and trades etc etc.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Indy5 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:38 am

winner-within wrote:Game Ball goes to Artest....Kobe compensated Offense and being double and tripled teamed for 15 rebounds....WOW!....NBA doesn't play D....I hope I don't here that again!!!
hats off to the Celtics they played to win, just to hard to do on the road...the Celtics will fall hard next season...Lakers should hang in there, this summer is going to be fun, watching all the maneuvers and trades etc etc.

The NBA doesn't play defense or try in the regular season. I think most people realize that when the postseason rolls around, they actually play D and hustle and try.

Secondly, Boston never does good in the regular season. Just look at this year, they were the four seed. I think next year they'll still be alright if they keep that starting line-up intact. The big thing is resigning Ray Allen. Rondo is gonna be TOUGH next year.

I can't pick a favorite for next year yet. To much depends on where Wade, Dirk, LeBron, Bosh, and company end up.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby MARKWALD23 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:54 am

Indy5 wrote:
MARKWALD23 wrote:
Indy5 wrote:
MARKWALD23 wrote:
Indy5 wrote:
winner-within wrote:
Indy5 wrote:

Your really not getting the point. The point is, baseball gave a stat that Rondo, Allen, Pierce, Garnett, and Perkins had never lost a playoff series as a starting five. Now I said that because of Perkins injury, that stat won't apply to this series. I'm not making an excuse or comparing them to anyone.

I'm saying that with Bynum playing in the 08 playoffs the Lakers may have had a 3 peat. I also think the big 3 are overrated. They got together to win championships not just one.
MARKWALD23
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Indy5 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:57 am

MARKWALD23 wrote:
I'm saying that with Bynum playing in the 08 playoffs the Lakers may have had a 3 peat. I also think the big 3 are overrated. They got together to win championships not just one.

If Garnett doesn't get hurt last year and Perkins this year, they might have had a three peat. So no, they are not overrated. And as for your Bynum comment, ok, thats nice, but has nothing to do with what I was saying.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:06 pm

Indy5 wrote:
winner-within wrote:Game Ball goes to Artest....Kobe compensated Offense and being double and tripled teamed for 15 rebounds....WOW!....NBA doesn't play D....I hope I don't here that again!!!

The NBA doesn't play defense or try in the regular season. I think most people realize that when the postseason rolls around, they actually play D and hustle and try.

Secondly, Boston never does good in the regular season. Just look at this year, they were the four seed. I think next year they'll still be alright if they keep that starting line-up intact. The big thing is resigning Ray Allen. Rondo is gonna be TOUGH next year.

I can't pick a favorite for next year yet. To much depends on where Wade, Dirk, LeBron, Bosh, and company end up.

well...what you see in a game like last night is all the players resort back to when they were playing in HS or at Kansas or in Spain and they remember what wins the Game...Defense...Rebounding... picking up the trash.... etc. etc....and who are we to critic a Pro, none of us could even tie their shoes....

Allen is done for Boston.....and in my opinion when McHale and Ainge set out to get the city of Boston another Ring, that's what they did...another one this season would have been Icing on the cake...but who would have thought they would even make it to the Finals...I didn't...I still think it should have Been Cavs and Phoenix, But the true Champions come out at the end...Boston will not have a great season in the east next season...their run is done.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby MARKWALD23 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:20 pm

Indy5 wrote:
MARKWALD23 wrote:

If Garnett doesn't get hurt last year and Perkins this year, they might have had a three peat. So no, they are not overrated. And as for your Bynum comment, ok, thats nice, but has nothing to do with what I was saying.

Perkins wouldn't have done much better then Wallace.
MARKWALD23
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Indy5 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:30 pm

MARKWALD23 wrote:
Indy5 wrote:
MARKWALD23 wrote:

Perkins would have helped greatly on the boards. The Lakers had 15 offensive rebounds in the first half. Without those, they would have been blown out of the Staples Center. And Perkins would have gave them a lot more depth. Something you can never have too much of.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:38 pm

Indy5 wrote:
MARKWALD23 wrote:
Indy5 wrote:
MARKWALD23 wrote:

Perkins would have helped greatly on the boards. The Lakers had 15 offensive rebounds in the first half. Without those, they would have been blown out of the Staples Center. And Perkins would have gave them a lot more depth. Something you can never have too much of.

Slow down Indy...you cant love the Celts that much.....their 15 rebounds yielded them no points..they couldn't hit the broad side of Barn...28% from the field...come on...Lakers should have been up 20 at the half....Perkins, in a game seven wouldn't have made the Difference...Lakers were a much better team....and had the Best WINNER in the NBA on their team.. KOBE one KANOBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Indy5 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:10 pm

winner-within wrote:
Indy5 wrote:
MARKWALD23 wrote:
Indy5 wrote:
MARKWALD23 wrote:

Slow down Indy...you cant love the Celts that much.....their 15 rebounds yielded them no points..they couldn't hit the broad side of Barn...28% from the field...come on...Lakers should have been up 20 at the half....Perkins, in a game seven wouldn't have made the Difference...Lakers were a much better team....and had the Best WINNER in the NBA on their team.. KOBE one KANOBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't love the Celtics. The Lakers had 9 points off of those 15 offensive rebounds. They had 24 at the half. Without the boards, are down 30 to 15 at the half and losing hope.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:23 pm

Indy5 wrote:
winner-within wrote:
Indy5 wrote:
MARKWALD23 wrote:
Indy5 wrote:
MARKWALD23 wrote:

I don't love the Celtics. The Lakers had 9 points off of those 15 offensive rebounds. They had 24 at the half. Without the boards, are down 30 to 15 at the half and losing hope.

they still shot 28%...they shoot their normal 45 there still ahead by 10
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Open Topics - Sports and other things