2010 NBA Finals

Talk about the world of sports here. And also a sub-forum to talk about anything else.

Re: 2010 NBA Finals

Postby Indy5 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:41 pm

winner-within wrote:they still shot 28%...they shoot their normal 45 there still ahead by 10

Then you would have to expect Allen to shoot much better and Rondo to get more transition buckets, ect. You can't say things like that. The fact is that both teams shot what they shot. If Perkins is in, LA doesn't get near that many offensive boards and they get maybe 4 2nd chance points. Thus a 30 to 19 halftime score.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:46 pm

Indy5 wrote:
winner-within wrote:they still shot 28%...they shoot their normal 45 there still ahead by 10

Then you would have to expect Allen to shoot much better and Rondo to get more transition buckets, ect. You can't say things like that. The fact is that both teams shot what they shot. If Perkins is in, LA doesn't get near that many offensive boards and they get maybe 4 2nd chance points. Thus a 30 to 19 halftime score.

Allen wasn't going to get anything...Kobe had him snuffed.....Rondo had his share of transition buckets and Perkins in the line up changes nothing, otherwise it would have been Boston in 4....
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Indy5 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:24 pm

winner-within wrote:
Indy5 wrote:

Allen wasn't going to get anything...Kobe had him snuffed.....Rondo had his share of transition buckets and Perkins in the line up changes nothing, otherwise it would have been Boston in 4....

What are you talking about? Perkins was in the line-up until like the second quater of game 6. And your blind if you think he doesn't change anything.

1. More depth(can't ever have enough of that)
2. Much better rebounding
3. Better post D

The last two are exactly what Boston lacked without Perkins.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:45 pm

Indy5 wrote:
winner-within wrote:
Indy5 wrote:

What are you talking about? Perkins was in the line-up until like the second quater of game 6. And your blind if you think he doesn't change anything.

1. More depth(can't ever have enough of that)
2. Much better rebounding
3. Better post D

The last two are exactly what Boston lacked without Perkins.

You wont here Doc Rivers say...Sports Center Say....any logical Sports writer Say.....any Boston Celtic say...."If we would have had Perkins playing we would have won" because that's not how it works in Sports....you improvise...you compensate...and you play the game....
Like Baseball said "he's a good closer" (Kobe) and so is Phil...so they closed!!! you talk about depth....didn't you notice how much the studs played...for both teams...who says Perkins wouldn't have went down in game 7....obviously his knee was stressed....just like wallaces back and Kobe's finger...who cares....its you last game.....play, and play hard.....Lakers won and its no surprise Boston as a fourth seed rode out on Heart....they could have had Bird playing and they still may have lost cause its game 7 of the finals and Lakers were at home with Jack and the rest of the fans....dont like the Lakers...but I like the Theme :P
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Indy5 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:23 pm

winner-within wrote:You wont here Doc Rivers say...Sports Center Say....any logical Sports writer Say.....any Boston Celtic say...."If we would have had Perkins playing we would have won" because that's not how it works in Sports....you improvise...you compensate...and you play the game....
Like Baseball said "he's a good closer" (Kobe) and so is Phil...so they closed!!! you talk about depth....didn't you notice how much the studs played...for both teams...who says Perkins wouldn't have went down in game 7....obviously his knee was stressed....just like wallaces back and Kobe's finger...who cares....its you last game.....play, and play hard.....Lakers won and its no surprise Boston as a fourth seed rode out on Heart....they could have had Bird playing and they still may have lost cause its game 7 of the finals and Lakers were at home with Jack and the rest of the fans....dont like the Lakers...but I like the Theme :P

Haha, you obviously didn't see Doc's post game press conference. He said, "Who knows, if we have Perk, maybe it's different. I told my guys that you haven't had a true chance to defend your title yet because of Kevin last year and obviously Perk this year."
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:54 pm

Indy5 wrote:
winner-within wrote:You wont here Doc Rivers say...Sports Center Say....any logical Sports writer Say.....any Boston Celtic say...."If we would have had Perkins playing we would have won" because that's not how it works in Sports....you improvise...you compensate...and you play the game....

Haha, you obviously didn't see Doc's post game press conference. He said, "Who knows, if we have Perk, maybe it's different. I told my guys that you haven't had a true chance to defend your title yet because of Kevin last year and obviously Perk this year."

I saw it...That was his opportunity to note it... but he wasn't saying they would have won.... he said it would have been a true chance ...and doc knows that...what I mean is you wont here it today or tomorrow or ten years from now as an excuse....It takes away from How good the rest are, so a true gamer makes no excuses!
I can see if Rondo had missed the game...Boston themselves may have believed they should throw in the towel...but Perks...nope!! they still believed and they could win...Lakers tried to give it away...But kobe passed the ball when he was supposed to (not like most of the game when he forced) and Gasol dug deep and showed his will and Artest played the whole game smarter than all of them (read the bio on artest and you will see why he deserves a championship) and the lakers prevailed... not in overtime like I thought they would but CLOSE!!!!!!...........Games over and Life goes on :)
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Indy5 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:51 pm

winner-within wrote:I saw it...That was his opportunity to note it... but he wasn't saying they would have won.... he said it would have been a true chance ...and doc knows that...what I mean is you wont here it today or tomorrow or ten years from now as an excuse....It takes away from How good the rest are, so a true gamer makes no excuses!
I can see if Rondo had missed the game...Boston themselves may have believed they should throw in the towel...but Perks...nope!! they still believed and they could win...Lakers tried to give it away...But kobe passed the ball when he was supposed to (not like most of the game when he forced) and Gasol dug deep and showed his will and Artest played the whole game smarter than all of them (read the bio on artest and you will see why he deserves a championship) and the lakers prevailed... not in overtime like I thought they would but CLOSE!!!!!!...........Games over and Life goes on :)

I wasn't saying thats the only reason they lost. I'm just saying it played a role. This all started when I said that the true starting 5 still hasn't lost cause of Perkins being out. And Markwald said Perkins wouldn't have helped and I was debating how he would have helped.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Previous

Return to Open Topics - Sports and other things