Kobe Bryant

Talk about the world of sports here. And also a sub-forum to talk about anything else.

Re: Kobe Bryant

Postby Flip » Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:54 pm

Robery Horry>Charles Barkely
John Salley>Karl Malone
Jack Haley>Patrick Ewing

suggestion: lock this thread, this 4th grade moron will never get it
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:42 pm

Flip wrote:Robery Horry>Charles Barkely
John Salley>Karl Malone
Jack Haley>Patrick Ewing

suggestion: lock this thread, this 4th grade moron will never get it

I hope you not referring to me :wink:
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball » Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:10 pm

winner-within wrote:
baseball wrote:LeBron could have 7 titles right now and i would still say he is better the Kobe...not because the rings...but beacuse he's simply a better all around basketball player, dont need to state the reasons again.

the more winner-within posts, the more im convinced he has no idea how the NBA works. I'm no genious at the behind the scenes stuff, but reall..."simple, dont go to Milwaukee"....So he going to go to 2 years of school, then tell Milwaukee not to draft him, or if they do they have to trade him (yeah, that would happen). PLEASE...next time you post, atleast have something that a person with average comprehension of how the things work would contribute.

hey...maybe he should just go to Europe and get some championships, thats what its all about!!!

The NBA works best for the player playing if he WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS....that's why every PRO (for his Deeds) wants a ring, ding dong.... do you ever watch an interview or do you just scan stat sheets all day and pick the best on paper??

So because every player wants a title (duh?) thats what it takes to be the best player. i can ask you the same thing, do you just scan the archives to see who has titles or do you actually watch the game and see the debated players play? i'm sure ill get the typical answer to that..."i'll watch Kobe tonight, then tell you about LeBron next year."

I've asked one legit question as to what Kobe does better, and so far the only answer I've gotten was he has a better midrange game (thanks Flip, and i do agree). wonder why no one has stating other things he does better.....o wait, i know why..
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball » Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:13 pm

Flip wrote:Jack Haley>Patrick Ewing

Ouch!!
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:04 pm

baseball wrote:
winner-within wrote:
baseball wrote:LeBron could have 7 titles right now and i would still say he is better the Kobe...not because the rings...but beacuse he's simply a better all around basketball player, dont need to state the reasons again.

the more winner-within posts, the more im convinced he has no idea how the NBA works. I'm no genious at the behind the scenes stuff, but reall..."simple, dont go to Milwaukee"....So he going to go to 2 years of school, then tell Milwaukee not to draft him, or if they do they have to trade him (yeah, that would happen). PLEASE...next time you post, atleast have something that a person with average comprehension of how the things work would contribute.

hey...maybe he should just go to Europe and get some championships, thats what its all about!!!

The NBA works best for the player playing if he WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS....that's why every PRO (for his Deeds) wants a ring, ding dong.... do you ever watch an interview or do you just scan stat sheets all day and pick the best on paper??

So because every player wants a title (duh?) thats what it takes to be the best player. i can ask you the same thing, do you just scan the archives to see who has titles or do you actually watch the game and see the debated players play? i'm sure ill get the typical answer to that..."i'll watch Kobe tonight, then tell you about LeBron next year."

I've asked one legit question as to what Kobe does better, and so far the only answer I've gotten was he has a better midrange game (thanks Flip, and i do agree). wonder why no one has stating other things he does better.....o wait, i know why..

better midrange LOL!! so whats Kobe got under the hood....and is LeBron that fast out of the hole but takes longer to top out....you guys sound like two guys trying to explain a car race. I've never said Kobe is a better Player but hes a Better Pro...and he dont invite Larry king to his house during the Playoffs!!! 8)
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball » Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:17 pm

what does better pro then mean then? does it mean making better financial decisions? better off the court personal decisions? if them 2 aspects have any play in it...LeBron wins there too. or does being a better pro mean walking into the front office, crying and demanding to be traded. if thats the case, then yes Kobe wins. but a real PRO would take what he has around him, bust his ****, and take that team as far as he can. not go out and try to outscore the other team by himself.
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:51 pm

baseball wrote:what does better pro then mean then? does it mean making better financial decisions? better off the court personal decisions? if them 2 aspects have any play in it...LeBron wins there too. or does being a better pro mean walking into the front office, crying and demanding to be traded. if thats the case, then yes Kobe wins. but a real PRO would take what he has around him, bust his ****, and take that team as far as he can. not go out and try to outscore the other team by himself.

and you forgot something....Flip said better midrange LOL! if thats one thing better then you have to add it to "better closer" that was your 2 cents.... so thats 2 things better that kobe does, how many things are there to compare in BBall.... could you please ask Flip this one, I think its his turn..... But becarefull he dosent get 2end grade math.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball » Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:06 pm

winner-within wrote:
baseball wrote:what does better pro then mean then? does it mean making better financial decisions? better off the court personal decisions? if them 2 aspects have any play in it...LeBron wins there too. or does being a better pro mean walking into the front office, crying and demanding to be traded. if thats the case, then yes Kobe wins. but a real PRO would take what he has around him, bust his ****, and take that team as far as he can. not go out and try to outscore the other team by himself.

and you forgot something....Flip said better midrange LOL! if thats one thing better then you have to add it to "better closer" that was your 2 cents.... so thats 2 things better that kobe does, how many things are there to compare in BBall.... could you please ask Flip this one, I think its his turn..... But becarefull he dosent get 2end grade math.

but isnt midrange game part of the playing aspect? you said he was a better pro, not a better player, so how does that back your side? not that you have one...still believe youre only saying what you say just to argue.

go back and read the question again...it clearly states "without using he closes better"...i said without using that becuase thats all thats ever said. I would like to know WHAT ELSE Kobe does better.

but...lets compare then

Kobe:
midrange
closing
free throw shooting

LeBron:
scoring
long range shooting
around the hoop
rebounding
passing
ball handling
half court defense
transition defense
court vision
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:31 am

baseball wrote:
winner-within wrote:

but isnt midrange game part of the playing aspect? you said he was a better pro, not a better player, so how does that back your side? not that you have one...still believe youre only saying what you say just to argue.

go back and read the question again...it clearly states "without using he closes better"...i said without using that becuase thats all thats ever said. I would like to know WHAT ELSE Kobe does better.

but...lets compare then

Kobe:
midrange
closing
free throw shooting

LeBron:
scoring
long range shooting
around the hoop
rebounding
passing
ball handling
half court defense
transition defense
court vision

I'm almost certain I was watching NBA Ball before you were born....and I see the game differently....and what makes me perturbed is my claims being smashed by guys who may have two whole games (watched)under their belt before the playoffs start. I have almost every game Jordan ever played recorded on VCR....
Nobody has ever played the game with more of a combination of finesse and fierceness. Jordan had more love of the game in his little toe than LeBron does....LeBron is a good dancer....he a KG have adopted the Rosin thing from Jordan.
I don't need anybody on this forum calling me a moron....You claim LeBron couldn't have gotten away from going somewhere where the team was not going to be productive....for your info there was only one team in the nation that he was going to devote 7 years to without a ring Cleavland and I will bet you whatever you'd like that he thought he would have one by now.
Besides even if he would have done 4 years at Milwaukee (no way in heck he would have) he still could have 2 rings where he ended up after Milwaukee. Now, What does Kobe do better???

Kobe:
midrange
closing
free throw shooting

LeBron:
scoring----Kobe scores Better when the game is on the line..and has won the scoring title and has pushed for it every season in the league
long range shooting---hits the long three (Game one) better under pressure
around the hoop---this is truly a toss up
rebounding----Kobe is an outstanding rebounder for playing the 2 position...LeBron should stand out here a bit due to playing the 3 position and being a bigger man
passing----LeBrons better
ball handling---Kobe is better
half court defense---highly debatable...survey would be close
transition defense----highly debatable...survey would be close
Leadership----Kobe by far
court vision----this isn't high school ball...with 24 second to make a play Kobe is better at making a play

When talking Pro Ball to anybody Kobe is thought of first be cause of his accomplishments and length of time in the league....I will say one thing...I have watched the NBA ALOT I have watched with the female gender watching with me and usually they are not impressed with either one of these two, like they were with Jordan, Magic, Bird...because they notice how much in love they are with themselves (big turn off)
and in all reality they think Kobe and lebron are Ball hogs....maybe we know different....maybe we don't :wink:
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby The Schwab » Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:20 pm

winner-within wrote:
baseball wrote:
winner-within wrote:

but...lets compare then

Kobe:
midrange
closing
free throw shooting

LeBron:
scoring
long range shooting
around the hoop
rebounding
passing
ball handling
half court defense
transition defense
court vision

I'm almost certain I was watching NBA Ball before you were born....and I see the game differently....and what makes me perturbed is my claims being smashed by guys who may have two whole games (watched)under their belt before the playoffs start. I have almost every game Jordan ever played recorded on VCR....
Nobody has ever played the game with more of a combination of finesse and fierceness. Jordan had more love of the game in his little toe than LeBron does....LeBron is a good dancer....he a KG have adopted the Rosin thing from Jordan.
I don't need anybody on this forum calling me a moron....You claim LeBron couldn't have gotten away from going somewhere where the team was not going to be productive....for your info there was only one team in the nation that he was going to devote 7 years to without a ring Cleavland and I will bet you whatever you'd like that he thought he would have one by now.
Besides even if he would have done 4 years at Milwaukee (no way in heck he would have) he still could have 2 rings where he ended up after Milwaukee. Now, What does Kobe do better???

Kobe:
midrange
closing
free throw shooting

LeBron:
scoring----Kobe scores Better when the game is on the line..and has won the scoring title and has pushed for it every season in the league
rebounding----Kobe is an outstanding rebounder for playing the 2 position...LeBron should stand out here a bit due to playing the 3 position and being a bigger man
court vision----this isn't high school ball...with 24 second to make a play Kobe is better at making a play

When talking Pro Ball to anybody Kobe is thought of first be cause of his accomplishments and length of time in the league....I will say one thing...I have watched the NBA ALOT I have watched with the female gender watching with me and usually they are not impressed with either one of these two, like they were with Jordan, Magic, Bird...because they notice how much in love they are with themselves (big turn off)
and in all reality they think Kobe and lebron are Ball hogs....maybe we know different....maybe we don't :wink:

An interesting quote from NBA fastbreak last night: "Kobe has players on his team that can step up and hit big shots, that is something LeBron hasn't had the opportunity to play with".

I completely agree that No one will ever be as good as MJ (LBJ is the only one with a chance if he pairs up with Dwade or CB4). I don't even know if anyone will be as good as Scottie Pippen (if you have a lot of MJ's games on tape I'm sure you will agree with me.)

I guess that's why I feel so strongly against people considering Kobe a great player, because in my mind the word great gets thrown around way too much.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby Indy5 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:14 pm

winner-within wrote:transition defense----highly debatable...survey would be close

Your kidding right? Did you miss the 30 blocks LeBron had in transition when the opponent thought they had an open layup and he comes out of nowhere?
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:17 pm

Schwab
I cant hardly believe you don't think Kobe is Great....Scotty was long and could run the floor well, definitely deserving of a top 50 of all time pick but LeBron and Kobe are both Better than Scotty! I agree that LeBron doesn't and hasn't had the players around him but that's LeBrons fault...he opted for the big cash and the comforts of home.....typical of a youth making a decision in today's world....and what I mean by that is the NBA is stacked with ruthless fans even Lebrons home state Booood him and the team when they didn't meet expectation's....you cant let a player run the whole organization...the Bulls found that out.
Last edited by winner-within on Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:21 pm

Indy5 wrote:
winner-within wrote:transition defense----highly debatable...survey would be close

Your kidding right? Did you miss the 30 blocks LeBron had in transition when the opponent thought they had an open layup and he comes out of nowhere?

Nope I did not....but a steal is better....flip a coin on this one their both good
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Indy5 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:28 pm

winner-within wrote:
Indy5 wrote:

Nope I did not....but a steal is better....flip a coin on this one their both good

Did Kobe steal it almost everytime? No. LeBron wins in a landslide.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby The Schwab » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:36 pm

winner-within wrote:Schwab
I cant hardly believe you don't think Kobe is Great....Scotty was long and could run the floor well, definitely deserving of a top 50 of all time pick but LeBron and Kobe are both Better than Scotty! I agree that LeBron doesn't and hasn't had the players around him but that's LeBrons fault...he opted for the big cash and the comforts of home.....typical of a youth making a decision in today's world....and what I mean by that is the NBA is stacked with ruthless fans even Lebrons home state Booood him and the team when they didn't meet expectation's....you cant let a player run the whole organization...the Bulls found that out.

That's just my opinion, I would put Scottie Pippen in the top 15 right now, I mean since rings are king ;) haha.

I would still like to see your list of the top 10 ever.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:53 pm

Indy5 wrote:
winner-within wrote:
Indy5 wrote:

OH! OK...LeBron blocked it every time...sorry!
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:56 pm

The Schwab wrote:
winner-within wrote:Schwab

That's just my opinion, I would put Scottie Pippen in the top 15 right now, I mean since rings are king ;) haha.

I would still like to see your list of the top 10 ever.

I'm not much for "all time ever's" its so hard to weigh them all out...and LeBron and Kobe and Maybe Ducun are the only ones still playing that might make My top ten, stressing MY...I look at BBall almost like Boxing a "Sweet Science" I dont like to be too judgmental of play because they are the Best of the Best and night in and night out things can sway, but not for the true Champion's, not for the true Warriors and if Kobe does not fall into true warriors with you guys so be it.....but he does with me...he may slimy, sneaky, backstabbish, whatever whatever...but he can play ball with the best of them...if he was a golfer he would be somewhere in between tiger and Greg Norman...if LeBron was a golfer he would be better than tiger because of his class...BIG EGO (almost impossible not to have one)...but Classy too.
If Lebron was a Boxer he would Be like Mohammad Ali or Sugar ray...if Kobe was a boxer he would be like Dela hoya...a little more serious with huge personality and potent. I could go on and on everybody knows that about me on here...but the Bottom Line is I love sports and we all do not see them the same way...I love Bball the most.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Indy5 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:25 pm

winner-within wrote:
Indy5 wrote:
winner-within wrote:
Indy5 wrote:

Not everytime, but he blocked A LOT more than Kobe stole. Blocking it almost evrytime was obviously a hyperbole.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:55 pm

Indy5 wrote:
winner-within wrote:
Indy5 wrote:
winner-within wrote:
Indy5 wrote:

Not everytime, but he blocked A LOT more than Kobe stole. Blocking it almost evrytime was obviously a hyperbole.

Think of it like this.....Kobe is sitting in a club and in walks LeBron, they see each other, who feels more inferior......Not Kobe...I better elaborate...this doesn't make him a better player but they know one another accomplishments and Kobe's out weigh LeBrons by far...and not because of shaq and God or god and shaq
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball » Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:48 pm

winner-within wrote:Kobe:
midrange
closing
free throw shooting

LeBron:

scoring - the last 3 seasons straight LeBron has score more then Kobe with fewer attempts = being a better scorer
long range shooting - so you cite one clutch 3 under pressure and that makes Kobe the better 3 point shooter? I'll take the body of work over the course of an 82 game season instead of 1 late game shot.
rebounding - people over play LeBron being bigger then Kobe...Kobe is no smaller guy, but yes, smaller then LeBron. plus...aside from LeBron, Deng, Gerald Wallace and Durant...the 3's rebound at a slightly higher pace thent he 2's, but its close.
passing - you can see sometihng
ball handling - Kobe has the ball a ton, but LeBron has it more and they turn it over at about the same clip. Plus LeBron does more dribbling into the defense to create while Kobe does more dribbling to get away from the defense for a shot.
half court defense - I'm not talking on ball, that ones debateable. LeBron is one of the best weakside defenders in the league
transition defense - if you think that is highly debately...wow, just wow.
leadership - see my example aobut Kobe wanting out of his team instead of stepping up to lead them.
court vision - how does high school ball matter at all? you're right there is 24 seconds to make a play. Kobe is better at getting a shot up in that time then he is creating for his team. Lebron is better at making a play
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby Indy5 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:36 pm

winner-within wrote:Think of it like this.....Kobe is sitting in a club and in walks LeBron, they see each other, who feels more inferior......Not Kobe...I better elaborate...this doesn't make him a better player but they know one another accomplishments and Kobe's out weigh LeBrons by far...and not because of shaq and God or god and shaq

First, LeBron most likely won't feel inferior to Kobe. Maybe a little envious cause he wants a ring, but not like he is less of a player.

By the way, pretty good analogy, just had absolutely nothing to do with the debate over transition defense.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball » Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:18 pm

Indy5 wrote:
winner-within wrote:Think of it like this.....Kobe is sitting in a club and in walks LeBron, they see each other, who feels more inferior......Not Kobe...I better elaborate...this doesn't make him a better player but they know one another accomplishments and Kobe's out weigh LeBrons by far...and not because of shaq and God or god and shaq

First, LeBron most likely won't feel inferior to Kobe. Maybe a little envious cause he wants a ring, but not like he is less of a player.

By the way, pretty good analogy, just had absolutely nothing to do with the debate over transition defense.

typing just to type...
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:06 am

baseball wrote:
winner-within wrote:Kobe:
midrange
closing
free throw shooting

LeBron:

scoring - the last 3 seasons straight LeBron has score more then Kobe with fewer attempts = being a better scorer---------------------------------go back to when Kobe was 25 and compare
long range shooting - so you cite one clutch 3 under pressure and that makes Kobe the better 3 point shooter? I'll take the body of work over the course of an 82 game season instead of 1 late game shot....---------------------------------------Long range shooting isnt a part of the game that decides a better player...if kobe has a better Mid range than he wins in the shooting comparison
rebounding - people over play LeBron being bigger then Kobe...Kobe is no smaller guy, but yes, smaller then LeBron. plus...aside from LeBron, Deng, Gerald Wallace and Durant...the 3's rebound at a slightly higher pace thent he 2's, but its close.------------------------------------ Kobe is small 6'6" (below average height (6' 7") in the NBA) he playes bigger than he is and rebounds pound for pound as good as LeBron
passing - you can see sometihng
ball handling - Kobe has the ball a ton, but LeBron has it more and they turn it over at about the same clip. Plus LeBron does more dribbling into the defense to create while Kobe does more dribbling to get away from the defense for a shot.--------------------------- Kobe can dribble the Ball better than Lebron can...much better crossover and I dont know what your watching but Kobe is constantly attacking off the dribble, I know for sure he has more layups or baselines than Lebron during a season.
half court defense - I'm not talking on ball, that ones debateable. LeBron is one of the best weakside defenders in the league..------------------------------.OH so your not talking "on the Ball" well why didn't you say so? Kobe denies the Ball better form guard to guard passing because he plays much lower to the court and has long arms... if you dont think he is a defensive threat than I have do a WOW!!
transition defense - if you think that is highly debately...wow, just wow.---------------------------- This like Long range shooting is Irrelevant unless Lebron or team goes back down and converts...stupid stat...
leadership - see my example about Kobe wanting out of his team instead of stepping up to lead them.--------------------------------- what a JOKE, I'm sure you've had a Job that wasn't going so well before...and Fisher won it on the court Tuesday but Kobe did it in the huddle... LEADERSHIP ON THE COURT Kobe wins
court vision - how does high school ball matter at all? you're right there is 24 seconds to make a play. Kobe is better at getting a shot up in that time then he is creating for his team. Lebron is better at making a play.---------------------------------...Yea and Kobe is better in the final's... its like Kobe has never made a play.....another stupid comparison

this is what I think after all the debating...and I'm glad I have participated because i have found a new respect for Kobe that he deserves...LeBron is better than Kobe...Kobe at 25 was quicker than Lebron is now at 25 and was just as effective.....Kobe at 32 (in aug) is one he11 of a ball player and will be in the Hall of fame 5 years before lebron with at least 5 rings. I am going to classify Kobe as one of the best ever to play in the NBA...he is also the most successful (on the court) in the NBA to go from HS to PRO....he is also one of the hardest workers to ever play.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:43 pm

#2 shooting gaurd of all time and still playing, with another ring right around the corner...mmmmmmmm! what am I missing?????????????

2. Kobe Bryant

For Kobe to already be ahead of Mr. West at such a young age (30) tells you how great he really is. So far in his 12-year career, Kobe has career averages of 25 points, 5.3 rebounds, 4.6 assists, 1.5 steals, and 0.6 blocks. He also shoots a solid 45.3 percent from the field, 34 percent from the three-point line, and 84 percent from the free throw line.

He has made the All Star team 10 times, with one of the seasons being cut off because of the lockout. He has also made the All NBA team nine times, with six of them being first team selections. He is one of the greatest defensive guards of all time as he has made the All NBA defensive team seven times, with five of the selections being first team selections.

He has also won an MVP Award, two All Star game MVPs, and two scoring titles. Despite his young age, he is already 24th all time in total points.

Finally, he helped lead the Lakers to three straight championships in the early 2000s and made himself one of the best playoff performers of all time.

Kobe still has several great years in him and could move to No. 1 on this list someday.

1. Michael Jordan

Jordan is one of the three greatest players of all time (behind both Magic and Kareem). In his 15-year career, he averaged 30.1 points per game, 6.2 rebounds, and 5.3 assists along with 2.3 steals and 0.8 blocks. He also shot a tremendous 49.7 percent from the field and 84 percent from the free throw line.

He was selected to the All Star team 13 times, winning three All Star game MVPs. He was also one of the greatest defensive players of the all time as he won the Defensive Player of the Year Award in 1987-1988. He was selected to the All NBA defensive team nine times, with all of them being first team selections, and to the All NBA team 10 times, with nine of them being first team selections.

He led the Bulls to two different sets of threepeats in the 1990s and he won six Finals MVP Awards. He is also second all time in MVP Awards with five, behind only Kareem, who has six.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby The Schwab » Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:18 pm

winner-within wrote:#2 shooting gaurd of all time and still playing, with another ring right around the corner...mmmmmmmm! what am I missing?????????????

2. Kobe Bryant

For Kobe to already be ahead of Mr. West at such a young age (30) tells you how great he really is. So far in his 12-year career, Kobe has career averages of 25 points, 5.3 rebounds, 4.6 assists, 1.5 steals, and 0.6 blocks. He also shoots a solid 45.3 percent from the field, 34 percent from the three-point line, and 84 percent from the free throw line.

He has made the All Star team 10 times, with one of the seasons being cut off because of the lockout. He has also made the All NBA team nine times, with six of them being first team selections. He is one of the greatest defensive guards of all time as he has made the All NBA defensive team seven times, with five of the selections being first team selections.

He has also won an MVP Award, two All Star game MVPs, and two scoring titles. Despite his young age, he is already 24th all time in total points.

Finally, he helped lead the Lakers to three straight championships in the early 2000s and made himself one of the best playoff performers of all time.

Kobe still has several great years in him and could move to No. 1 on this list someday.

1. Michael Jordan

Jordan is one of the three greatest players of all time (behind both Magic and Kareem). In his 15-year career, he averaged 30.1 points per game, 6.2 rebounds, and 5.3 assists along with 2.3 steals and 0.8 blocks. He also shot a tremendous 49.7 percent from the field and 84 percent from the free throw line.

He was selected to the All Star team 13 times, winning three All Star game MVPs. He was also one of the greatest defensive players of the all time as he won the Defensive Player of the Year Award in 1987-1988. He was selected to the All NBA defensive team nine times, with all of them being first team selections, and to the All NBA team 10 times, with nine of them being first team selections.

He led the Bulls to two different sets of threepeats in the 1990s and he won six Finals MVP Awards. He is also second all time in MVP Awards with five, behind only Kareem, who has six.

Good Job on quoting an article of the bleacher report, I'm done listening to you.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Open Topics - Sports and other things