Kobe Bryant

Talk about the world of sports here. And also a sub-forum to talk about anything else.

Re: Kobe Bryant

Postby winner-within » Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:15 am

The Schwab wrote:Kobe Bryant may be the most over rated player in the history of the NBA.
]

You may have a point there...He plays the game so much differently than most well respected pro's or lets say most Hall of fame players..... Kobe Loves Kobe, he makes it to obvious....he's not worried about fan base or endorsements like Mike was...He's worried to much about staying young and competing with the new crop....he should have tried to figure out how to stage his career better.....start acting like a Veteran Kobe...not like some kid who just arrived in LA.
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby The Schwab » Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:03 am

winner-within wrote:
The Schwab wrote:Kobe Bryant may be the most over rated player in the history of the NBA.
]

You may have a point there...He plays the game so much differently than most well respected pro's or lets say most Hall of fame players..... Kobe Loves Kobe, he makes it to obvious....he's not worried about fan base or endorsements like Mike was...He's worried to much about staying young and competing with the new crop....he should have tried to figure out how to stage his career better.....start acting like a Veteran Kobe...not like some kid who just arrived in LA.

I am not saying he's not a great player, because he is. He is a great finisher and scorer. But that's where it stops. I know that all the young kids out there look up to Kobe, kids if you want someone to look up too, type in MJ highlights on youtube. Greatest there ever has been and ever will be. I'm convinced he could still start for a lot of the teams in the NBA.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:43 pm

The Schwab wrote:
winner-within wrote:
]

I am not saying he's not a great player, because he is. He is a great finisher and scorer. But that's where it stops. I know that all the young kids out there look up to Kobe, kids if you want someone to look up too, type in MJ highlights on youtube. Greatest there ever has been and ever will be. I'm convinced he could still start for a lot of the teams in the NBA.

truthfully Mike is to far gone....he is now a big boy who has smoked to many cigars to come back...he actually was a full step behind his last season at Washington (sad to watch)...he is in fact the Best of all time...and yes the young players would be amazed...Kobe is no where near that level of play....but it is his scoring ability, his endurance and his love of "not the game" but his love of "he thinks he is the game" that keeps him motivated.....he is Blessed he had Phil those years....and where would I place him in my top 40 picks of all time or lets say from 1980 till now...off the top of my head probably 20th.
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball » Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:54 pm

winner-within wrote:
baseball wrote:
winner-within wrote:
baseball wrote:That's exactly why I say he's not a good leader. When you're winning, its easy to say "I wouldn't change a thing", but when you're a competitor you'll always put yourself in the best position to win.

He's actually a great leader, one of the best, he just does it Hitler style....Oh yea!....that's dictator, Hitler wasn't very good at loosing either.

The only difference was when they were both losing, one begged to be put on another team, and when the other was losing he was to stubborn to join a winning team. guess which one was Kobe.....

Kobe's Different...he just is...hes a stud, but he's also a putts at times.

Valid side to an arguement....
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Previous

Return to Open Topics - Sports and other things