Weston Dressler

Talk about the world of sports here. And also a sub-forum to talk about anything else.

Weston Dressler

Postby goteam11 » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:54 pm

Is Dressler good enough to play in the NFL, and will he get the chance?
goteam11
NDPreps Starter

Re: Weston Dressler

Postby riders » Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:54 am

weston reminds me of devone bess from hawaii. bess ran about a 4.55 for his 40 and doesnt have the impressive height or body size (5'10" 190lbs.) that is looked for in recievers. with that said, bess has become an NFL starter for the miami dolphins and has looked good in preseason. weston has been an ok reciever for the roughriders but his size is so much smaller than anyone in the NFL that i really dont see him being able to make it. hes a great player and he may have the tools to play in the NFL but he probably wont because of his very small size
"Not to be cheered by praise, not to be grieved by blame, but to know thoroughly one's own virtues or powers are the characteristics of an excellent man."-Satchel Paige
riders
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby und52 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:08 pm

I don't know much about dressler but would he be a good return man for a NFL team if he can't play reciever
"I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious."
Vince Lombardi
und52
NDPreps Reserve

Postby goteam11 » Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:09 am

riders wrote:weston reminds me of devone bess from hawaii. bess ran about a 4.55 for his 40 and doesnt have the impressive height or body size (5'10" 190lbs.) that is looked for in recievers. with that said, bess has become an NFL starter for the miami dolphins and has looked good in preseason. weston has been an ok reciever for the roughriders but his size is so much smaller than anyone in the NFL that i really dont see him being able to make it. hes a great player and he may have the tools to play in the NFL but he probably wont because of his very small size

an ok reciever for the roughriders? didnt he lead his team in yards and was rookie of the year, after missing some games?
goteam11
NDPreps Starter

Postby riders » Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:33 pm

goteam11 wrote:
riders wrote:weston reminds me of devone bess from hawaii. bess ran about a 4.55 for his 40 and doesnt have the impressive height or body size (5'10" 190lbs.) that is looked for in recievers. with that said, bess has become an NFL starter for the miami dolphins and has looked good in preseason. weston has been an ok reciever for the roughriders but his size is so much smaller than anyone in the NFL that i really dont see him being able to make it. hes a great player and he may have the tools to play in the NFL but he probably wont because of his very small size

an ok reciever for the roughriders? didnt he lead his team in yards and was rookie of the year, after missing some games?

i meant in comparison to the NFL level competition....my bad, he really has been very good for the riders and the CFL
"Not to be cheered by praise, not to be grieved by blame, but to know thoroughly one's own virtues or powers are the characteristics of an excellent man."-Satchel Paige
riders
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Deuce » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:42 am

Bess is still 3 inches taller and 10lbs bigger than Dressler. Dressler is an extremely small guy at 5'7 and 180 lbs. CFL is the perfect fit for him. The field is bigger, more passing and you get a running start. I agree that he's not going to the NFL because the db's are so much faster and bigger in the NFL.
Deuce
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby riders » Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:16 pm

i was just trying to find a smaller guy in the NFL that is at least a little bit successful. and compared to his competition, Bess is undersized but was successful on Sunday (7-57)
riders
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby NE B-Baller 242 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:34 pm

Unfortunately it may be the end of the year for Dressler as he broke his leg in the last game.
If winning isn't everything why do we keep score?
NE B-Baller 242
NDPreps Starter

Return to Open Topics - Sports and other things