College World Series

Talk about the world of sports here. And also a sub-forum to talk about anything else.

Postby arsnl7 » Thu Jun 22, 2006 10:06 am

Does anyone have any predictions on the winner of the 2006 College World Series.  As of now there are 3 teams remaining...North Carolina is in the championship already and is waiting on the winner of tonight's game between the Beavers of Oregon State and the Rice Owls.  It should be a good game, although Rice has to step up their offense a little bit if they want to keep up with OSU's hot bats.
arsnl7

Postby Ming01 » Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:49 pm

UNC only because they havent lost yet
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby Saas25 » Sun Jun 25, 2006 5:44 pm

When we were down in Omaha for our legion tourney we got to see three games.  On Wednesday we saw UNC vs Fullerton and Rice vs OSU and we saw the first championship game.  The championship game we waited from 1:00 til 4 to get in but we got front row seats in the outfield and 2nd row.  This whole experience is probaly the best college playoff/championship out there.  If you get a chance you should experience this sometime in your life.
Saas25
NDPreps Starter

Postby arsnl7 » Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:11 am

I was down there as well from tuesday until the end of the tourney and I dont think i have ever had more fun at a baseball tournament or any sporting event in my entire life.  The atmosphere there is so nuts, everyone is having a good time.  For anyone who hasn't gone to the CWS I suggest that you go because you will have an awesome time.  It doesn't matter if your favorite team is in it or not, it's still amazing.  Whether it be standing in line for 4 hours to get a seat on the outfield wall, or tailgating before the game, Omaha Nebraska during the College World Series is a baseball fan's dream.
arsnl7

Return to Open Topics - Sports and other things