sports stringer

Talk about the world of sports here. And also a sub-forum to talk about anything else.

Postby rep » Mon Jun 19, 2006 12:29 pm

this isn't a request for applications or anything like that, but i'm trying to gauge if there is any interest in a stringer position at the jamestown sun this fall.

the position would include taking stats/boxes over the phone, writing game stories from phone interviews, writing the roundups and if you aren't completely worthless there is a possibility you might get sent to cover a game or dual every once in a great while.

we were talking about the position today and the question was brought up if we knew anyone that might be interested in the position. needless to say the majority of us just kind of shrugged our shoulders and said we didn't.

i'm assuming that the job would be good for someone who likes sports, and has time to kill in the evenings. generally we don't get phone calls from games and stuff until after 8 p.m., so if you can't work at that time, then it wouldn't work out for you to have this job.

again, don't send anything to the paper or call the paper, the position hasn't actually been opened for hiring. but if you have an interest in it or have any questions about the position, drop me a personal message or reply in this thread.
rep

Return to Open Topics - Sports and other things