UNC 08-09

Talk about the world of sports here. And also a sub-forum to talk about anything else.

Re: UNC 08-09

Postby BballFan1307 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:46 pm

it was a fluke win by BC.... UNC is the better team by far, and it was also a fluke win by harvard, bc was the clear better team... just both teams had very bad games.
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby numba3511 » Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:32 am

baseball wrote:Also....is anyone ready to agree/admit that Syracuse would be a good game? cracked the top 10...wins over a good Florida team, Kansas in basically a road game in Kansas City, and @ Memphis. only loss was from a 60 foot prayer..

that would be a fun one to watch.. but i still think UNC would win by 10+
私はちょうどあなたにこれほど上への翻訳ウェブサイトを見させました
numba3511
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball » Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:03 am

numba3511 wrote:
baseball wrote:Also....is anyone ready to agree/admit that Syracuse would be a good game? cracked the top 10...wins over a good Florida team, Kansas in basically a road game in Kansas City, and @ Memphis. only loss was from a 60 foot prayer..

that would be a fun one to watch.. but i still think UNC would win by 10+

X factor being Rautins and if hes hitting or not. If he is i would give Syracuse a chance, if not they lose 10+ like you said
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby BballFan1307 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:26 pm

As i speak Clemson is KILLING duke. and Wake Forest was just killed by 20 + by miami. Look's like UNC will be going back where they belong on the top of the ACC, as they are clicking on all cylinders now. If Ellington keeps it going they will be a tough team to stop. Plus Lawson hitting his outside shots is huge.
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baseball » Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:32 pm

can not stop vasquez...
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby bballfan7 » Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:16 pm

Great game, Vazquez goes for 35 points, 11 boards, and 10 assists and them pretty much shutting down hansborough for only 11 points.
bballfan7
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby BballFan1307 » Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:05 pm

Looks like Pitt 1 Uconn 2 Oklahoma 3 and UNC 4 in the next poll? I don't see Memphis passing them with 3 losses considering they haven't played anyone.
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baseball » Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:16 pm

BballFan1307 wrote:Looks like Pitt 1 Uconn 2 Oklahoma 3 and UNC 4 in the next poll? I don't see Memphis passing them with 3 losses considering they haven't played anyone.

was a rough day atop the poll haha
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby bballfan7 » Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:48 pm

BballFan1307 wrote:Looks like Pitt 1 Uconn 2 Oklahoma 3 and UNC 4 in the next poll? I don't see Memphis passing them with 3 losses considering they haven't played anyone.

I agree with that, but Memphis never plays anyone and seems to get voted high in the polls, so i wouldnt be surprised to see them jump into that 4 spot.
bballfan7
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby BballFan1307 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:56 pm

Looks like UNC may find themselves at the Number One spot after this week after all. Oklahoma goes down, Pitt is down by 16 at half, but who konws the could come back. However, i don't know when UCONN plays. I don't think Memphis deserves to be number 4 , i mean last week the beat Southern Methodist.
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:16 am

BballFan1307 wrote:Looks like UNC may find themselves at the Number One spot after this week after all. Oklahoma goes down, Pitt is down by 16 at half, but who konws the could come back. However, i don't know when UCONN plays. I don't think Memphis deserves to be number 4 , i mean last week the beat Southern Methodist.

Memphis didn't deserve a number one seed last year either. They had a great team but they're resume for the tournament wasn't impressive enough to warrant a one seed. They play in a considerably weak conference, don't play a very impressive non-conference schedule and outside of Dozier and Tyreke Evans I don't see much to take them deep in the tournament like last year. If UNC hadn't messed up this weekend against Maryland they'd have a legit argument to take back the No. 1 ranking. Uconn may get it back now with the 1 and 2 ranked teams falling in consecutive nights.
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby BballFan1307 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:02 am

haha i actually think UCONN will go down at LEAST once this week. Marquette is a tough team. and Notre Dame is playin for their lives right now. So if UNC takes care of Georgia Tech they may jump all the way to one.
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baseball » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:28 am

north_border_eagles2106 wrote:
BballFan1307 wrote:Looks like UNC may find themselves at the Number One spot after this week after all. Oklahoma goes down, Pitt is down by 16 at half, but who konws the could come back. However, i don't know when UCONN plays. I don't think Memphis deserves to be number 4 , i mean last week the beat Southern Methodist.

Memphis didn't deserve a number one seed last year either. They had a great team but they're resume for the tournament wasn't impressive enough to warrant a one seed. They play in a considerably weak conference, don't play a very impressive non-conference schedule and outside of Dozier and Tyreke Evans I don't see much to take them deep in the tournament like last year. If UNC hadn't messed up this weekend against Maryland they'd have a legit argument to take back the No. 1 ranking. Uconn may get it back now with the 1 and 2 ranked teams falling in consecutive nights.

G-town, Syracuse, Xavier, Tennessee, Gonzaga. Gtown and Tenn had pathetic seasons but were supposed to be top 20 teams all year when they scheduled them. Xavier's a top 20 team right now. syracuse is a scary team. And gonzaga is a legit team. Sorry they didnt schedule UNC, OKlahoma, and UConn but thats a fairly decent non-con schedule.

Next your gonna say Tom Izzo never schedules tough non-con games i suppose?
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby BballFan1307 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:32 pm

so out of the 5 somewhat challenging games the scheduled. they won 2? gonzaga and tennessee.
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baseball » Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:24 pm

UNC played Michigan State and Kentucky...I'm not counting the Maui because they didnt schedule who they play and come to think of it i shouldnt even put MIchigan state since that was the Big Ten/ACC Challange. Why should they be #1? Esspecially with 3 Conference losses.

Memphis has won 18 in a row. yeah yeah yeah its C-USA, during the 18 game streak they are winning by an average of over 19 PPG. I could understand your arguement if they were squeaking out 1-4 point wins every game in conference but they are blowing teams out.
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby BballFan1307 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:05 pm

How can you not count the Maui or the big ten. Thats why they play those games. For a tough non conference schedule. And with 3 conference losses, whats your point? its the ACC. if either of the 3 teams that beat UNC were in C-USA they would be the top 3. Memphis played southern methodist last week.
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baseball » Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:14 pm

and won by 40...like a top team would against them. you make it seem like they made a buzzer beater to win it. I dont count the Maui because they dont schedule that....its and invite tourney...hence the name Maui Invitational. you wanna count it go ahead...they beat Chaminade. And they didnt schedule Michigan State. the officials from the Big Ten and ACC did, they go by where they predict the teams finish in conference. Big Ten #1 vs. ACC #1, BT2 vs ACC2, etc.. the only game UNC actually scheduled was the Kentucky game.

Which is why a Roy Williams recruited team is always toward the top of the rankings in January, but cant win a title. he always schedules tough road games in the non-con...i mean really to go into Nevada and UC Santa Barbara and come away with wins is nothing short of amazing. Even at Kansas, in 01-02 he had 3 road games...Arizona (as part of a home and home contract with CBS and Arizona), then UND and Princeton.
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby BballFan1307 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:45 pm

ok...?? it's an invitational. Roy accepted the invitation knowing their would be good competition there. There always is. Plus, Unc doesn't have to schedule a tough non-con schedule, because of the level of their conference schedule. Memphis biggest competition in the conference is what UAB? Duke, Wake, Clemson, Va Tech, Fl State and BC would beat UAB probably by 20. You can't honestly think that Memphis has had a tougher schedule?
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baseball » Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:26 pm

not conference schedule, but i would say tougher non-con. I remember when everyone said the same stuff last year about Memphis. the conference's lack of competition will hurt them come tourney time. That's why they beat Michigan state by 18 in the Sweet 16, Texas by 18 in the elite 8, and UCLA by 15 in the Final four??

Im not crowning them national champs, but i wouldnt be so quick to say UNC is that much better just because they are in the ACC. that was one of hte arguements last year on why Hansbrough was better then Beasley...he dominated a better conference. because when the ACC has 4 teams in the tourney and the Big XII has 6, they are still a worse conference. Washington is leading the Pac-10...Memphis is better then they are. Memphis is better then LSU, but they clinched the SEC.
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:52 pm

baseball wrote:
north_border_eagles2106 wrote:

G-town, Syracuse, Xavier, Tennessee, Gonzaga. Gtown and Tenn had pathetic seasons but were supposed to be top 20 teams all year when they scheduled them. Xavier's a top 20 team right now. syracuse is a scary team. And gonzaga is a legit team. Sorry they didnt schedule UNC, OKlahoma, and UConn but thats a fairly decent non-con schedule.

Next your gonna say Tom Izzo never schedules tough non-con games i suppose?

I don't believe I've ever said anything about Michigan State positive or negative so I don't know where you got that idea, but it was a bad one. I really wish I knew what your problem is. Memphis plays a "fairly decent" non-conference schedule when they are in a TERRIBLE conference. There isn't one team in C-USA that would have a winning record if they played in the ACC, Big East, Big Ten, Pac-10, Big 12, or SEC outside of Memphis.

UNC has played just as tough if not tougher non-conference games than Memphis and are in a power conference. John Calipari will break the all-time record for college basketball wins if he stays in Memphis because he's guaranteed to get 25+ wins in C-USA every year. UAB is the next highest team from C-USA in terms of RPI and they are 40th in RPI. UNC and Duke are 2 and 3 in the RPI. I honestly don't know why you quoted my last post in your response. I said that Memphis didn't deserve a number 1 seed last year, which they didn't. Tennessee deserve a 1 seed last year considering they beat memphis during the season and again, played in a real conference.
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baseball » Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:34 pm

I brought up MIchigan State because they are talk about year in and year out having one of the toughest non-conference schedules in the nation. most experts argue they have the toughest every year....followed by Memphis.

hoe did tennessee deserve a 1? sure its better then C-USA, but the SEC is the worst BCS conference in the country. I think Memphis proved they deserved the 1 by their dominance from the Sweet16 to the Final Four and Tennessee showed they didnt with a 20 point lost in the Sweet 16

why is the conference they are in always the only arguement against them? it would be a legit one if they won by an average of 4-5 points but when they blow out team after team i think it puts it ro rest because they do to those teams what power teams should.
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby The Schwab » Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:59 pm

baseball wrote:I brought up MIchigan State because they are talk about year in and year out having one of the toughest non-conference schedules in the nation. most experts argue they have the toughest every year....followed by Memphis.

hoe did tennessee deserve a 1? sure its better then C-USA, but the SEC is the worst BCS conference in the country. I think Memphis proved they deserved the 1 by their dominance from the Sweet16 to the Final Four and Tennessee showed they didnt with a 20 point lost in the Sweet 16

why is the conference they are in always the only arguement against them? it would be a legit one if they won by an average of 4-5 points but when they blow out team after team i think it puts it ro rest because they do to those teams what power teams should.

BCS conferences only apply to football, sorry. And there are "lesser conferences" that get 2 bids, and conference USA doesn't usually.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball » Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:57 pm

Yea I know the BCS only applies to football...but what are the conferences? Big XII, Big Ten, SEC, Big East, ACC, Pac-10....aka major conferences. you here them refered to as BCS conferences in basketball all the time, not just footbal. Sorry, it's just an easier way to talk about the major conferences and everyone knows who that is. I wouldnt be suprised this year is C-USA got 3 teams in this year. Tulsa and UAB arent bad teams.
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby BballFan1307 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:09 am

there's no way either Tulsa or UAB gets in unless they win the conf. they both are terrible. Nine losses each with TERRIBLE schedules.
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baseball » Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:33 am

not saying they will....just wouldnt suprise me if either or both got in.
baseball
NDPreps Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Open Topics - Sports and other things