Reggie Bush

Talk about the world of sports here. And also a sub-forum to talk about anything else.

Postby sports17 » Sun May 21, 2006 6:15 pm

i belive that reggie bush will be like a ryan leaf all kinds of ecpectations hes two small for the nfl and scores by running around people that wont happne in the nfl
sports17

Postby ndfan » Mon May 22, 2006 3:12 am

haha like Ryan Leaf??? I don't think he will be as great as everyone hypes him up to be, but I think he will be a pretty darn good player. He'll makes some pro bowls, maybe hall of fame.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby 1337 » Mon May 22, 2006 10:42 am

Do we get to at least see one game first? Or even hear how mini-camp has gone before writing this guy off as the next Ryan Leaf?!?! I agree with ndfan that he may be overhyped but lets at least give him a game or two before we make any rash judgements.
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby truplaya » Tue May 23, 2006 8:13 am

i just think he is two small simply
truplaya

Postby Ming01 » Tue May 23, 2006 8:59 am

Barry Sanders was small too.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby DL-in-DL » Tue May 23, 2006 7:30 pm

The only thing I know for sure is that he won't wear #5. NFL shut that down today.
DL-in-DL
NDPreps Starter

Postby smooth » Wed May 24, 2006 4:57 am

Barry Sanders, Emmit Smith, Warrick Dunn were also considered too small.  Someday his numbers will be right up there with these guys.
smooth
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndplayer » Wed May 24, 2006 6:15 am

smooth wrote:Barry Sanders, Emmit Smith, Warrick Dunn were also considered too small.  Someday his numbers will be right up there with these guys.

Well, if he ends up with career numbers like Warrick Dunn, then i think that would be considered a bust.
ndplayer
NDPreps Starter

Postby Saas25 » Wed May 24, 2006 1:57 pm

This guy is amazing, I don't think he is overhyped and he should have been the number one pick, but now he's with the Saints and he is selling tickets like crazy.  This guy is a future hall of famer and probaly will get close to most all-purpose yards in a career if he stays healthy.
Saas25
NDPreps Starter

Postby bballer2 » Wed May 24, 2006 3:13 pm

I agree he is a stud on the field and is a threat in many ways... he's better then warrick dunn and is more versataile he maybe wont be the best running back in the game but i agree he will get many all purpose yards and will learn the RB spot as time goes on
bballer2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby truplaya » Thu May 25, 2006 9:13 pm

barry sanders wasnt too small warrick dunn is that good hes good but nothin like lt(ladanian tomlinson) or shaun alexander but people think reggie bush is gunna come in the league and be lt instantly
truplaya

Postby ndplayer » Fri May 26, 2006 8:01 am

I don't really know anyone who thinks that bush is going to come into the league and rush for 1500 yards his first year.  So that comment about everyone thinking he's gonna be as good as LT this year is ridiculous. 

Secondly, did anyone even watch this guy play college football?  He's not too small at all.  Sure he is really fast, but that doesn't mean he can't run up the middle.  I have seen numerous times in which bush has leveled some guys right up the middle.  This guy has a great forward lean and he builds up momentum so fast that he can run over plenty of people.

And he can learn from one of the best big backs in the league this season, Deuce McAllister.  There's my two cents.
ndplayer
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndfan » Fri May 26, 2006 3:41 pm

Barry Sanders 5'8 203
Emmitt Smith 5'9 212
Reggie Bush 6'0 203

Size won't be a problem for Reggie. Durability will be key for him. He will be getting hit by guys like Urlacher, Lewis, and Porter. Not some guys from Fresno State and Cal.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndfan » Fri May 26, 2006 3:46 pm

[user=512]ndplayer[/user] wrote:

Secondly, did anyone even watch this guy play college football?  He's not too small at all.  Sure he is really fast, but that doesn't mean he can't run up the middle.  I have seen numerous times in which bush has leveled some guys right up the middle.  This guy has a great forward lean and he builds up momentum so fast that he can run over plenty of people.

If he has leveled guys up the middle numerous times why wasn't he in their on the fourth and inches against Texas???
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndplayer » Fri May 26, 2006 9:15 pm

because Lendal White is a gigantic beast.

If you had mike alstott and ladanian tomlinson, who are you going to send in on a 4th and inches.  Im goin with alstott, but LT is a far better running back.
ndplayer
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndfan » Fri May 26, 2006 9:29 pm

Whites a fine player no doubt....But when the game is on the line I want my best player to have the ball in his hands because he can make plays. 4th and 5 who had the ball and made the play for Texas??? yep their BEST player Vince Young. What did he do??? He got the job done.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby truplaya » Sat May 27, 2006 4:30 pm

reggie bush runs around people he wont do that in the nfl barry sanders juked people didnt run around them warrick dunn overrated
truplaya

Postby ndplayer » Sat May 27, 2006 8:12 pm

truplaya wrote:reggie bush runs around people he wont do that in the nfl barry sanders juked people didnt run around them warrick dunn overrated

like i said earlier, watch some game film on bush, you'll see that he can too run through people.  The guy has very strong legs and a low center of gravity.  And really, what is the difference between "running around" and "juking"
ndplayer
NDPreps Starter

Return to Open Topics - Sports and other things