Minnesota Twins New Ballpark

Talk about the world of sports here. And also a sub-forum to talk about anything else.

Postby Tigger » Mon May 29, 2006 8:27 pm

I love the Metrodome and its 68 degrees of summer comfort.
Tigger
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby 1337 » Tue May 30, 2006 4:21 am

I myself much prefer the atmosphere of Newman Outdoor Field and an FM Redhawks game than the Metrodome. Don't get me wrong, I have many personal moments attached to that stadium, but the thought of the Redhawks atmosphere in combintation with the higher level of play found in the major leagues, it's the best of both worlds!
Last edited by 1337 on Tue May 30, 2006 6:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Honus355 » Tue May 30, 2006 5:34 am

I think that some people, myself included, are looking forward to the first "snow-out" or rain out. It is something that has escaped the people of the upper mid-west since the dome was built. Could it get kind of trecherous in the early part of april, yes. But i think that it will be intersting to see it snow. Its not like the Twins never play in those conditions, because it seems like they are in Chicago or Detroit the first weekend anyway. It will really bring back some fans I believe, because it brings back a true-ness to the game. When I think of parks I think of parks like Shibe and the Polo Grounds or Ebbetts field or the current gems like Yankee Stadium and Fenway Park. I don't think of the domed stadiums. I just think that a dome loses some atmosphere.
Honus355
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndplayer » Mon Jun 12, 2006 1:46 pm

Although i'm all about a new twins stadium, and i'm all about an open-air ballpark, but the logistics of this ball park are crazy.  Possibly the worst location possible.  It is in Minnesota's high crime area.  Think of taking your kid to his first ballgame, but first having to walk by night clubs and strip bars.

Also the stadium is near a garbage-burning plant.  That's why this is such a terrible place for an open-air park.  Sitting at the 7th inning stretch and smelling a bunch of burning garbage isnt what i envisioned when i thought of a new ballpark.
ndplayer
NDPreps Starter

Return to Open Topics - Sports and other things