Kobe Bryant: how does he rank among the best ever in the NBA

Talk about the world of sports here. And also a sub-forum to talk about anything else.

Re: Kobe Bryant: how does he rank among the best ever in the NBA

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:45 pm

Dr. J wrote:Malone was a great player but doesn't have the rings to be in the top ten.

I don't think you need to have multiple rings to be in the top ten. He lead the Jazz to the playoffs for like 10 straight seasons, won an MVP award and played in two NBA finals against two of the best teams in NBA history.
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:47 pm

Dr. J wrote:Malone was a great player but doesn't have the rings to be in the top ten.

I hate when people rip other people's lists and they don't have one on there themself. Put your list on here if you think you know so much.
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby The Schwab » Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:49 pm

Until Kobe wins a ring without shaq, He will NEVER be on my top 10 list
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:50 pm

He'll probably be on your list this June then.
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby The Schwab » Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:52 pm

north_border_eagles2106 wrote:He'll probably be on your list this June then.

I pray everyday that won't happen
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:05 pm

Plus it's not Kobe's fault he played with Shaq. LA didn't start winning rings until Kobe developed more as a player anyway. They played together for three seasons before the Lakers won in the playoffs. So it's not like Shaq is the reason they won, they fed off each other and won together. If you're going to say that about Kobe you could say it about Shaq. He hasn't won without a great guard either. Three rings with kobe and one with Wade when Wade was playing at a Jordan-esque level.
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Dr. J » Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:08 pm

north_border_eagles2106 wrote:

I hate when people rip other people's lists and they don't have one on there themself. Put your list on here if you think you know so much.

Here is my list

1. MJ
2. Magic
3. Kareem
4. Wilt
5. Russel
6. Bird
7. Oscar
8. Duncan
9. Shaq
10. Kobe

Kobe is likely to move up in the list and will probably be in the top 5 at the end of his career.
Dr. J
NDPreps Reserve

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:06 pm

Not a bad list, in my opinion if Wilt is on this list I think number 4 is too high.
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby cubsfan » Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:24 am

I wouldn't put him on my top ten list of all time yet, but where do you think Lebron will be at the end of his career? I think either one or two.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baseball » Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:36 am

cubsfan wrote:I wouldn't put him on my top ten list of all time yet, but where do you think Lebron will be at the end of his career? I think either one or two.

at the end....Lebron, MJ, Oscar
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby nc » Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:55 pm

Lebron will definetly be on the list when his career is over, but i dont see him being ahead of michael. I dont think James will ever be the player jordan was, the stats will be the same or even better but i think jordan is way better as a person. this is just my opinion but i think lebron is getting a lil to cocky in the game, yes he is having fun and winning alot of games but it juts seems ike he thinks he is the best ever and you never seen players like jordan, mj, wilt, malone.
nc
NDPreps Starter

Postby duke_boy90 » Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:42 pm

I think Lebron needs a few titles under his belt before he can pass Jordan. MJ had the best of both worlds, stats and championships
duke_boy90
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball » Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:17 am

nc wrote:Lebron will definetly be on the list when his career is over, but i dont see him being ahead of michael. I dont think James will ever be the player jordan was, the stats will be the same or even better but i think jordan is way better as a person. this is just my opinion but i think lebron is getting a lil to cocky in the game, yes he is having fun and winning alot of games but it juts seems ike he thinks he is the best ever and you never seen players like jordan, mj, wilt, malone.

could u explain this one haha?? whats he do so bad??
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:37 pm

baseball wrote:
nc wrote:Lebron will definetly be on the list when his career is over, but i dont see him being ahead of michael. I dont think James will ever be the player jordan was, the stats will be the same or even better but i think jordan is way better as a person. this is just my opinion but i think lebron is getting a lil to cocky in the game, yes he is having fun and winning alot of games but it juts seems ike he thinks he is the best ever and you never seen players like jordan, mj, wilt, malone.

could u explain this one haha?? whats he do so bad??

Yeah I'm gonna have to go ahead and uhhh.. agree with baseball there (office space reference) because if anyone knows anything about Michael Jordan they know he is one of the most arrogant basketball players to ever step on a court. It's not taking anything away from his playing career but he was a very arrogant person on and off the court. He's disappointed he's elected into the hall of fame because he still thinks he can take the players in the NBA today? What about that isn't cocky? I don't think anything LeBron does can make someone categorize him as the cocky one. Everyone wants to show up everyone they play. Just because he does those little "skits" during warm ups and time outs that they show too much of on ESPN doesn't mean he's cocky.
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Previous

Return to Open Topics - Sports and other things