"One and Dones"-NCAA Class of 2011

Talk about the world of sports here. And also a sub-forum to talk about anything else.

Re: "One and Dones"-NCAA Class of 2011

Postby Flip » Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:16 am

Adding to what baseball said in a previous post.
"Brandon Rush put his name in the NBA draft in 2005, played in the Chicago predraft camp, but withdrew his name after he wasn't promised to be taken in the first round."

Sounds like he was real committed to playing at Kansas.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball » Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:20 am

Flip wrote:Adding to what baseball said in a previous post.
"Brandon Rush put his name in the NBA draft in 2005, played in the Chicago predraft camp, but withdrew his name after he wasn't promised to be taken in the first round."

Sounds like he was real committed to playing at Kansas.

i still personally dont think he is that ready. he has NBA game but just hasnt shown it over the course of a season. he has sparks here and there but not consistantly. i think the main reason he went is that he is 24 already and realized time is running out
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:02 pm

ESPN has him listed at 22.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball » Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:33 pm

Flip wrote:ESPN has him listed at 22.

wow..math skills slipped a little bit there haha. either way hes older then the rest of his class...

not a one and done but Kansas is gonna be a lil different team next year. as of right now Collins is the only one who saw significant minutes that will be back since Chlamers declared today
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:24 pm

baseball wrote:since Chlamers declared today

They played a little bit of his news conference today and I think he'll be back in Kansas next year. He said he is projected to go somewhere in the 25-35 range. If he can get a guarantee he'll be in the lottery he'll probably stay in, but if his stock doesn't improve much I'm guessing he'll pull his name out.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby champs0607 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:00 pm

where you guys think love will land? i think a few guys on espn had him in the 8-9-10 area
"Don't give up....don't ever give up." Jimmy Valvano
champs0607
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball » Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:17 am

Flip wrote:
baseball wrote:since Chlamers declared today

They played a little bit of his news conference today and I think he'll be back in Kansas next year. He said he is projected to go somewhere in the 25-35 range. If he can get a guarantee he'll be in the lottery he'll probably stay in, but if his stock doesn't improve much I'm guessing he'll pull his name out.

the quote i saw was gauranteed 1st round then he'll stay in. right now on some boards he projected first and on others hes not even on the board. it was a smart move by him tho go test the waters to see what the scouts think he needs to work on. over the years i think your gonna see it alot from Juniors who arent quite ready (Abrams). declare for the draft with a 95% chance of returning.
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Previous

Return to Open Topics - Sports and other things