Who'll be #1?

Talk about the world of sports here. And also a sub-forum to talk about anything else.

Who'll be #1?

Postby champs0607 » Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:07 pm

NFL Draft coming up here in a few weeks and i've probably heard at least five different players that could get the 1st pick. How do u see the draft shaking out this year?
"Don't give up....don't ever give up." Jimmy Valvano
champs0607
NDPreps Starter

Re: Who'll be #1?

Postby BballFan1307 » Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:47 pm

champs0607 wrote:NFL Draft coming up here in a few weeks and i've probably heard at least five different players that could get the 1st pick. How do u see the draft shaking out this year?

i think the dolphins will take chris long..DE..Virginia, Jason Taylor is getting old and this guy has LOOKED IMPRESSIVE.
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby asiantangy99 » Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:17 pm

BballFan1307 wrote:
champs0607 wrote:NFL Draft coming up here in a few weeks and i've probably heard at least five different players that could get the 1st pick. How do u see the draft shaking out this year?

i think the dolphins will take chris long..DE..Virginia, Jason Taylor is getting old and this guy has LOOKED IMPRESSIVE.

I agree in a few years im guessing they are going to need someone in his spot and idk how much longer he will want to play
asiantangy99
NDPreps Starter

Postby champs0607 » Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:19 pm

ya i'd say he's most likely to get the #1 pick. glenn dorsey #2?
champs0607
NDPreps Starter

Postby subway » Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:03 pm

sounds like jake long's goin #1 with the dolphins already getting a contract together
subway
NDPreps Reserve

Postby pakkyzoo » Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:07 pm

1. Miami- Jake Long OT from Michigan or Vernon Gholston DE from Ohio State, both have started contract talks with Miami
2. St. Louis- ChrIs Long DE or Glenn Dorsey DT, They will go defense unless Jake Long isn't number 1.
3. Atlanta- Dorsey or Matt Ryan QB, Atlanta needs help at every position except WR, RB, and LB.
4. Oakland- McFadden or Gholston. Oakland would be happy with either.
5 Kansas City- Branden Albert Gaurd, they want Jake Long, and be tempted for Matt Ryan, but settle for Albert
6. New York Jets- I see Gholston going here, but he could be drafted anywhere from 1 to 7.
7. New England- they will trade down, i guarantee it, but if they don't. Leodis McCelvin Cornerback
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby Playa_Hata10 » Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:54 am

pakkyzoo wrote:1. Miami- Jake Long OT from Michigan or Vernon Gholston DE from Ohio State, both have started contract talks with Miami
2. St. Louis- ChrIs Long DE or Glenn Dorsey DT, They will go defense unless Jake Long isn't number 1.
3. Atlanta- Dorsey or Matt Ryan QB, Atlanta needs help at every position except WR, RB, and LB.
5 Kansas City- Branden Albert Gaurd, they want Jake Long, and be tempted for Matt Ryan, but settle for Albert
6. New York Jets- I see Gholston going here, but he could be drafted anywhere from 1 to 7.
7. New England- they will trade down, i guarantee it, but if they don't. Leodis McCelvin Cornerback

i'll agree with most of them....but oakland isnt gonna take mcfadden...theyve got rhodes, jordan, and fargas...all proven backs...they arent gonna spend money on another running back.
Playa_Hata10

Postby champs0607 » Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:01 am

Playa_Hata10 wrote:
pakkyzoo wrote:1. Miami- Jake Long OT from Michigan or Vernon Gholston DE from Ohio State, both have started contract talks with Miami

i'll agree with most of them....but oakland isnt gonna take mcfadden...theyve got rhodes, jordan, and fargas...all proven backs...they arent gonna spend money on another running back.

agreed...they need to improve their o-line or anything on defense. hopefully russell duz well for them at qb this year
champs0607
NDPreps Starter

Postby The Schwab » Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:05 am

champs0607 wrote:
Playa_Hata10 wrote:

agreed...they need to improve their o-line or anything on defense. hopefully russell duz well for them at qb this year

the word is does.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby pakkyzoo » Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:08 pm

The Schwab wrote:
champs0607 wrote:
Playa_Hata10 wrote:

the word is does.

The only way I see them not taking McFadden is if they have Gholston or Dorsey higher on their board.
I see them taking McFadden, arguable the best player available, they need all the help they can get. They need to put weapons around Russell. He gives them a big play threat on every play. They didn't have that last year.

Yes all are proven backs, but do any of them scare teams?? None of them have the effect of an elite NFL runningback. McFadden has the potential to be a scary back in the NFL. Also, from what I have been hearing on some other sites is that Jordan will be cut at the beginning of June. They put money into Fargas after a 1,000 yard season. Rhodes is nothing more than a 3rd down back at best, wouldn't suprise me if they cut him too. They also have Michael Bush, a 4th round pick from last year.

I ask you this did Vikings really need Adrian Peterson?? No they have Chester Taylor, did they have bigger needs than RB, yes. Example, quarterback, could have took Brady Quinn. Right Tackle, could have took Joe Staley. But they took the best player available. Now look how he changed their team.

I see the Raiders doing the same. Draft McFadden, they have Justin Fargas (A very comparable player to Chester Taylor). They have bigger needs like defensive tackle, offensive tackle, and wide receiver.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby champs0607 » Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:18 pm

how about matt ryan? i doubt he'll go #1, if he DOESn't (thanks for the spell check schwab) will the falcons take him, if not the jets or the ravens? could he fall into the same scenario like matt leinart and drop farther down than expected?

i don't see the falcons taking him. i think the jets will probably take gholston if he's around. i think ryan will end up in baltimore if no one else trades up/down. could b a good fit for the bc quarterback. get a few young wide outs in there and they'll have the same offense they had back in the early 2000's
champs0607
NDPreps Starter

Return to Open Topics - Sports and other things