UCLA gets refs help AGAIN

Talk about the world of sports here. And also a sub-forum to talk about anything else.

UCLA gets refs help AGAIN

Postby BballFan1307 » Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:07 pm

i saw this on tv today. UCLA keeps gettin help from the refs. I watched this play when it happened and it looked like their was alot of contact but they never showed it up close. Their luck has gotta run out somtime.

http://www.faniq.com/blog/Photo-of-the- ... -Blog-7557
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Re: UCLA gets refs help AGAIN

Postby baseball » Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:29 pm

hot cheerleader factor...
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndfan » Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:31 pm

No blood, no foul :) You just don't wanna see UCLA in the championship cause they will take it to Carolina :)
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby BballFan1307 » Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:35 pm

ndfan wrote:No blood, no foul :) You just don't wanna see UCLA in the championship cause they will take it to Carolina :)

hahahaha. im not too scared :) i just think its funny i watched 3 games that day and they came down to the end of the game and every game the refs just let the defensive team do whatever it takes to not allow a good shot to go up. I think that sometimes in those situation the refs let the whole " let the players decide the game" thing go a little out of hand. I mean yeah you dont wanna call a ticky tack foul but when two guys have a shooters arm? you have to call it.
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ndfan » Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:43 pm

Yeah you can't be really scared when ya know you won't make the championship game anyway haha :). Not gonna argue should have been a foul called. But everybody knows he would have missed them both thats probably why refs didn't call it anyway ;).
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby BballFan1307 » Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:54 pm

haha yeah.... UNC is definitely going to have a tough time getin to the final four if they beat WSU. Louisville looked TOUGH yesterday, Tennessee is ahtletic but didnt play very well vs. butler.
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ndfan » Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:18 pm

Tell me about UNC running up the score to, playing there starters the whole game. :)
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby BballFan1307 » Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:37 pm

ndfan wrote:Tell me about UNC running up the score to, playing there starters the whole game. :)

haha yea...everyone of their players has scored this tournament...even the scrubs.
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baseball » Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:49 pm

two 1 seeds have mowed through the competition quite easily. two struggled to make the Sweet Sixteen.

the only reason i see UCLA in the Final four now is that the traveling aspect. the region is in Phoenix. you have a team from California, West Virginia, Ohio, and Kentucky. who do you think will have 90% of the crowd, not to mention the officials the last month of the season.

South region is in Houston, thats why i see Texas winning. Memphis is struggling and when they play a good team (ex - Michigan State) they lose becuase of free throws.

Louisville may have had the 2nd most impressive victory behind UNC in the tournament with their 30 point blow out of Oklahoma. should make for an interesting Regional Final with all the top 4 seeds making the Sweet Sixteen.

Kansas may have the easiest way to the Final Four remaining. when you play a 12 seed and possibly a 10 seed in the regional final its hard to disagree that the final four was all but given to you. Should Kansas and UNC both make it out of the region...how fun would that game be to watch??
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby BballFan1307 » Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:13 pm

baseball wrote:two 1 seeds have mowed through the competition quite easily. two struggled to make the Sweet Sixteen.

the only reason i see UCLA in the Final four now is that the traveling aspect. the region is in Phoenix. you have a team from California, West Virginia, Ohio, and Kentucky. who do you think will have 90% of the crowd, not to mention the officials the last month of the season.

South region is in Houston, thats why i see Texas winning. Memphis is struggling and when they play a good team (ex - Michigan State) they lose becuase of free throws.

Louisville may have had the 2nd most impressive victory behind UNC in the tournament with their 30 point blow out of Oklahoma. should make for an interesting Regional Final with all the top 4 seeds making the Sweet Sixteen.

Kansas may have the easiest way to the Final Four remaining. when you play a 12 seed and possibly a 10 seed in the regional final its hard to disagree that the final four was all but given to you. Should Kansas and UNC both make it out of the region...how fun would that game be to watch??

right now i think it could be all number 1 seeds in the final four. In the east UNC is dominating and Lawson is almost playin better than before his injury, i just dont see them bein slowed down but who knows.
Kansas i think is a shoe in for the final four, but wisconsin COULD give them troubles, and who knows with the way curry is playin davidson might be there.
Memphis is playing pretty well i just think they will be too big and too physical for Texas who plays with somewhat of a smaller line up. but if texas is hitting the 3 ball they are TOUGH.
UCLA- i hate them. just because they have kevin love. who i hate. not saying hes a bad player i just hate him. but saying that... they will more than likely make the final four. they play western kentucky, then they shouldnt have problems with WV or Xavier, specially if the refs keep helping them out :)
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ndfan » Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:20 pm

BballFan1307 wrote:
baseball wrote:two 1 seeds have mowed through the competition quite easily. two struggled to make the Sweet Sixteen.

right now i think it could be all number 1 seeds in the final four. In the east UNC is dominating and Lawson is almost playin better than before his injury, i just dont see them bein slowed down but who knows.
Kansas i think is a shoe in for the final four, but wisconsin COULD give them troubles, and who knows with the way curry is playin davidson might be there.
Memphis is playing pretty well i just think they will be too big and too physical for Texas who plays with somewhat of a smaller line up. but if texas is hitting the 3 ball they are TOUGH.
UCLA- i hate them. just because they have kevin love. who i hate. not saying hes a bad player i just hate him. but saying that... they will more than likely make the final four. they play western kentucky, then they shouldnt have problems with WV or Xavier, specially if the refs keep helping them out :)

Come on everybody LOVES Kevin Love :) He's like Tyler Hansbrough but a MILLION TIMES BETTER :) I'm thinking all the #1's make the final four this year which would make an awesome final four.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby BballFan1307 » Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:34 pm

ndfan wrote:
BballFan1307 wrote:

Come on everybody LOVES Kevin Love :) He's like Tyler Hansbrough but a MILLION TIMES BETTER :) I'm thinking all the #1's make the final four this year which would make an awesome final four.

hahah hes a fat tyler hansbrough :)
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baseball » Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:43 pm

BballFan1307 wrote:
ndfan wrote:
BballFan1307 wrote:

whose chest pass i would not want to catch :)
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby BballFan1307 » Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:47 pm

baseball wrote:
BballFan1307 wrote:
ndfan wrote:
BballFan1307 wrote:

whose chest pass i would not want to catch :)

true that! ,, ha, i really want to see those two meet up. I want to see Hansbrough vs. Love, that would be a ROUGH battle down low.
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby GFRR99 » Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:55 pm

BballFan1307 wrote:

memphis isnt the biggest team...dorsey is 6 8 and there tallest player although i will admit he plays a lot bigger. texas and memphis are about the same for size at the forward positions. yeah derek rose and chris douglas roberts both have a few inches on augustin and abrams but i dont think that will effect the game. i got texas winning in a close one
GFRR99
NDPreps All-State

Postby BballFan1307 » Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:32 pm

GFRR99 wrote:
BballFan1307 wrote:

memphis isnt the biggest team...dorsey is 6 8 and there tallest player although i will admit he plays a lot bigger. texas and memphis are about the same for size at the forward positions. yeah derek rose and chris douglas roberts both have a few inches on augustin and abrams but i dont think that will effect the game. i got texas winning in a close one

big , i mean muscular and strong...dorsey compared to a lets say connor atchely...he would kill him ha
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baseball » Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:00 am

Joey Dorsey - 6'9" 265
Robert Dozier - 6'9" 215
Derrick Rose - 6'3" 205
CDR - 6'7" 200
Antonio Anderson - 6'6" 210

Damion James - 6'7" 230
Connor Atchley - 6'10 225
DJ Augustin - 6' 180
Justin Mason - 6'2" 200
AJ Abrams - 5'11" 155

on the inside they are pretty evenly sized, its the length on the perimeter that will give Texas problems for all the 3's they shoot. Abrams is gonna have a tough time, even though is shot is very quick, to get a shot off over a guy 7 inches taller.
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Return to Open Topics - Sports and other things