NDHSAA television contract

Talk about the world of sports here. And also a sub-forum to talk about anything else.

Re: NDHSAA television contract

Postby baseball » Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:40 pm

i wouldnt mind seeing a new setup for how they televise the games. from the microphones to the scoreboard on the screen it looks like your watching a 1985 NBA Classic finals game or whatever
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndfan » Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:27 pm

Class B girls and boys get 8 each televised and class A boys get 3 and class A girls get 3?? niiiiice
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball » Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:51 pm

ndfan wrote:Class B girls and boys get 8 each televised and class A boys get 3 and class A girls get 3?? niiiiice

been discussed before. The "B" is where its at. The B is North Dakota's NCAA. TLM was a cinderella, thats what people wanna see. Not Bismarck's Minot's, Fargo's battleing every year. that and there is no way that they can air 8 games each for both the A tournaments, the first round games are going on at the same time. people dont even care about the Super A if their school isnt playing in it. ill be willing to bet there was people from Bowman, Parshall, North Border, Linton, etc at the B, but not one person from GF Central was at the A. the main thing i noticed, even on tv, was the crowd support during the B. on the baselines under the hoops students where lined up 8-10 rows deep standing there. The A there was MAYBE 2-3 rows. not to mention the normal bleachers. i remember seeing during the BHS-FS game that about every 10 bleacher seats a atleast 4 were empty, it was as though the whole crowd just crammed on one side of the gym behind the benches
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby BballFan1307 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:27 pm

baseball wrote:
ndfan wrote:Class B girls and boys get 8 each televised and class A boys get 3 and class A girls get 3?? niiiiice

been discussed before. The "B" is where its at. The B is North Dakota's NCAA. TLM was a cinderella, thats what people wanna see. Not Bismarck's Minot's, Fargo's battleing every year. that and there is no way that they can air 8 games each for both the A tournaments, the first round games are going on at the same time. people dont even care about the Super A if their school isnt playing in it. ill be willing to bet there was people from Bowman, Parshall, North Border, Linton, etc at the B, but not one person from GF Central was at the A. the main thing i noticed, even on tv, was the crowd support during the B. on the baselines under the hoops students where lined up 8-10 rows deep standing there. The A there was MAYBE 2-3 rows. not to mention the normal bleachers. i remember seeing during the BHS-FS game that about every 10 bleacher seats a atleast 4 were empty, it was as though the whole crowd just crammed on one side of the gym behind the benches

how was TLM the cinderella? they had one loss the whole year and were ranked like 3rd, i think they were one of the favorites along with watford.
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baseball » Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:29 pm

BballFan1307 wrote:
baseball wrote:

how was TLM the cinderella? they had one loss the whole year and were ranked like 3rd, i think they were one of the favorites along with watford.

small town....last year Southern Illinois was a 4 seed and made the Sweet 16 and were considered a cinderella because of there mid major status. but if you look at the numbers....a 4 seed is expected to make the Sweet 16.
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby HeisAlive » Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:21 am

baseball wrote:

Baseball, not trying to knock ya but, you may or may not have been to a class A tourney (WDA or State)game, you would know they will put fans in sections, so this is why it will look empty.
When Bismarck & Minot played for the WDA title this year. They put us side by side on one side. It was crazy trying to find a good seat at the Bis civic center. this game filled the center to where they had to open the curtains at the top to seat people. We may not have the fan support because there is more going on, but our fans in "A" are no less as faithful as "B"

I've been to both (A & B) and both fans are into their teams... We all need to rmember, we all love our teams, whether A or B, our teams are our teams... Remember... Smile and people will think your up to something :D
Phil 4:13,19
HeisAlive
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby sportsguruguy » Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:24 pm

Personally i think that it is bogus that kvly is going to televise only six games combined with the super a. These kids bust there butts all year long and get noTV time come state tournament.I can understand why they dont have the quarter finals on tv but why not televise the third and fourth place games.

Besides the super A isn't a very good tournament setup, the young players get thrown into a football stadium to play basketball in the EDC tourney. The state which was in bismarck aws very nice if you won. Then you played in the big gym. If you lost your first game you were stuck in the practice gym, it felt like you were at a sixth grade tournament were they want to get as many teams playing at once. Bottom line is these kids lay it all on the line every day in practice and games and all the state of north dakota can do is combine the boys and girls.Kids keep busting your hump so you can get little TV time and play in the practice gym.
sportsguruguy
NDPreps Starter

Return to Open Topics - Sports and other things