Tyler Hansbrough

Talk about the world of sports here. And also a sub-forum to talk about anything else.

Re: Tyler Hansbrough

Postby baseball » Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:00 pm

doesnt play because the coach doesnt like him....haha thats classic. i could tell you why van gundy doesnt like him....its because Shaq could take him off the dribble. guy was a one-hit wonder in college, why would that change in the NBA?

I wouldnt say I'm narrow-minded as much as realistic, although i will give you credit on your optimism. Hansbrough doesnt even have a post move. NBA 4's will eat him up. he's not going to get bailed out and go to the line 8-10 times a game...hes going to have to learn fundamentals to see the floor in the league. If ever during his NBA career he averages more then 9 ppg i will come back and admit I'm wrong. If Madsen is such a bad comparison...who is he? Dirk Nowitzki? LaMarcus aldrige? Chris Kaman? Mikki Moore?
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby BballFan1307 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:46 pm

I love how you think he gets bailed out. He does not get bailed out. He gets fouled. Theres a difference. but to you he could get tackled and you would probably think that it was a travel or something. If he doesn't have a post move, how does he score in the post??? Is there some sort of book of accepted post moves that you have to go by??? The guy scores points and rebounds. People said last year he couldnt make it because he couldnt hit a 15 foot jumper. well now he can. so now he doesnt have a post move??
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby balla45 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:26 pm

north_border_eagles2106 wrote:
baseball wrote:brace yourself Hansbrough fans.....compared to Mark Madsen by an NBA draft expert. must be because he's white and only attribute is that he hustles.

"Tyler Hansbrough, PF, North Carolina
For the first time since his freshman season, Hansbrough is no longer in our top 30. He hasn't been able to bounce back from an early injury and his rebounding numbers are the worst of his college career. Said one NBA executive, "What can I do with an undersized power forward who isn't athletic and doesn't rebound?"

That feeling is shared by many NBA executives who feel Hansbrough will have, at best, a Mark Madsen-type impact in the league. It's still not out of the question that he goes late in the first round, but all of the talk about him being a late-lottery to mid-first-round pick is over."

NBA executive is asking the same question I have on here a few times.

Yeah Baseball cause we know everytime an "nba expert" says something they are 100% correct. They were the same people talking up guys like Shawn Bradley, Andrew Bogut, and Darko Milicic. If you want to read about what I think about this subject read this:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1465 ... ark-madsen

Just because you are a UNC hater doesn't mean you have to sacrifice the small amount of intelligence you MIGHT have had just to "get a rise" out of us UNC fans like Bballfan1307 and myself.

I'm a UNC fan. I see good NBA futures for Ellington, Lawson, Davis, and maybe some others. Hansbrough just doesn't have it. That's the honest truth. I am a UNC fan and a Tyler Hansbrough hater.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball » Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:30 pm

"I am a UNC fan and a Tyler Hansbrough hater."

They exist? haha, just if there was more like u that accept the truth.
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby BballFan1307 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:22 pm

accept the truth??? what truth?? you should work for espn if you KNOW that tyler hansbrough will be unsuccessful in the NBA. Seriously, or you should at least be a writer for Sports Illustrated because for someone to know the future like you, they've gotta have a job for you. Right now, NBADraft.net has Hansbrough going at 26th overall. Ahead of 35 players, does that mean all those 35 players are going to be unsuccessful too?? YOU HAVE NO IDEA. You can not predict the future. People told Hansbrough when he was coming out of high school that he was crazy for going to UNC, He didn't have the strength or ability or post moves to compete with People in the ACC and what is he now. The best player in the conference.
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baseball » Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:32 pm

accept the truth that his career will be closely relicated to MArk Madsen more then anyone else. it's not a knock on the guy, Madsen has been pretty successful. I find it ironic though how a guy with his work ethic doesnt have any post moves other then turn the left shoulder and shoot a shot put shot, probably draw a foul, and then shoot free throws.

Then again its me and Greg Anthony against the world by believing UAB will be in the tourney.
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby The Schwab » Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:57 am

baseball wrote:accept the truth that his career will be closely relicated to MArk Madsen more then anyone else. it's not a knock on the guy, Madsen has been pretty successful. I find it ironic though how a guy with his work ethic doesnt have any post moves other then turn the left shoulder and shoot a shot put shot, probably draw a foul, and then shoot free throws.

Then again its me and Greg Anthony against the world by believing UAB will be in the tourney.

If guys like Luis Scola and Big Baby Davis can play roles on NBA teams then Tyler Hansbrough has a shot. Will he be a 10 time all star? probably not. Could he be a sixth man or important role player? probably? no one really knows. And as for UAB, besides the win against a struggling Arizona team early in the season who have they beat?
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:08 am

baseball wrote:doesnt play because the coach doesnt like him....haha thats classic. i could tell you why van gundy doesnt like him....its because Shaq could take him off the dribble. guy was a one-hit wonder in college, why would that change in the NBA?

I wouldnt say I'm narrow-minded as much as realistic, although i will give you credit on your optimism. Hansbrough doesnt even have a post move. NBA 4's will eat him up. he's not going to get bailed out and go to the line 8-10 times a game...hes going to have to learn fundamentals to see the floor in the league. If ever during his NBA career he averages more then 9 ppg i will come back and admit I'm wrong. If Madsen is such a bad comparison...who is he? Dirk Nowitzki? LaMarcus aldrige? Chris Kaman? Mikki Moore?

Well to tell you the truth I hate when anyone gets compared to someone else. No one is just like another guy. Everyone is different. Neither Kobe, Lebron, Vince Carter, Grant Hill, or anyone else that is 6'6 and athletic was or is the next Jordan in the NBA. KG isn't the second coming of Bill Russell, he's the first KG. Hansbrough isn't the next Mark Madsen, he's the only Hansbrough. Nothing about their game is similar other then the fact they both work hard. I guess every white player that works hard is the next Mark Madsen.

As far as you're ripping on Redick I didn't say he should start and play 40 minutes a game but he is good enough to play 15-20 minutes a game to see if he can get you some instant offense. Why would the Magic draft him with the 14th overall pick if he's as terrible as you think he is. Have you ever noticed that 90% of this board disagrees with almost every single thing you say? Maybe that's a sign that you're not such an authority on everything about college basketball and NBA draft prospects as you think.

Keep on repeating everything you hear on SportsCenter because they're always right. Just because they're on ESPN doesn't mean what they say is right. It's still their opinion. The way you react to what I've been saying about Hansbrough you would think I'm saying Hansbrough is going to win the MVP of the NBA in 3 years. I don't like how you completely give him no chance in the NBA because of what "nbadraft.net says or whatever website comes up when you type in "Tyler Hansbrough" into a google search so you look like you're informed on this board.

There are so many terrible teams in the NBA that play bad players and there is no way Hansbrough is hands down worse than all of them. I did forget you're the Mel Kiper Jr. of the NBA draft. Sorry for thinking it was ok for me to give my opinion in your presence, knob.
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baseball » Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:43 am

Maybe 90% ofthe board disagrees with me, but 90% of the country agrees with me that Hansbrough gets too much credit for UNC's success. I have never once came on and "repeated" what i've heard on ESPN, although I have said things that eventually were said on there because its stuff thats not that hard to understand.

I'm not going to say i know everything there is to know about college basketball, but i will say....even if you disagree...im not clueless about the game. I got ripped for saying I would like to see Syracuse play UNC because at that time I liked the way they were playing and felt they could beat them if not give them a run. 2 weeks later they were in the top 10 after not being ranked when i made the statement. Do you just look at UAB's record and see C-USA and automatically write them off as terrible? 9 losses sure....2 to Memphis, Oklahoma, Louisville, and Butler and a win at Arizona. Look at the record all you want but never count out Robert Vaden and a Mike Davis coached team. Just like now, Mike Anderson is getting named a great coach at MIssouri for the style of play that brigns success...he did the same thing at UAB and got no credit.

Let me ask you a serious question, would you put Hansbrough as a first team AA?? I must be a terrible hater since I wouldnt...are you goign to put him above Griffin, Blair, Thabeet, Harangody? I'm not taking anything away from your opinion, i dont konw why you think just because i disagree means i tihnk you cant give your opinion?? people i respect the most are people who are so passionate about their opinions and stick by them no matter how many people disagree with them...and ill give you credit for doing that.
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby BballFan1307 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:48 am

baseball wrote:Maybe 90% ofthe board disagrees with me, but 90% of the country agrees with me that Hansbrough gets too much credit for UNC's success. I have never once came on and "repeated" what i've heard on ESPN, although I have said things that eventually were said on there because its stuff thats not that hard to understand.

I'm not going to say i know everything there is to know about college basketball, but i will say....even if you disagree...im not clueless about the game. I got ripped for saying I would like to see Syracuse play UNC because at that time I liked the way they were playing and felt they could beat them if not give them a run. 2 weeks later they were in the top 10 after not being ranked when i made the statement. Do you just look at UAB's record and see C-USA and automatically write them off as terrible? 9 losses sure....2 to Memphis, Oklahoma, Louisville, and Butler and a win at Arizona. Look at the record all you want but never count out Robert Vaden and a Mike Davis coached team. Just like now, Mike Anderson is getting named a great coach at MIssouri for the style of play that brigns success...he did the same thing at UAB and got no credit.

Let me ask you a serious question, would you put Hansbrough as a first team AA?? I must be a terrible hater since I wouldnt...are you goign to put him above Griffin, Blair, Thabeet, Harangody? I'm not taking anything away from your opinion, i dont konw why you think just because i disagree means i tihnk you cant give your opinion?? people i respect the most are people who are so passionate about their opinions and stick by them no matter how many people disagree with them...and ill give you credit for doing that.

How is he not a 1st teamer. He still dominates the game and people plan to stop him. Sees triple teams constantly. I love how espn fell in love with Blair because he had a good game against Thabeet when he was out half the game with foul trouble. Also If there was a 1st team all defense, yes i'd say put thabeet on there. but 1st team all american, no. That'd be like saying ben wallace shoulda been all 1st team NBA when he avearged 10 points 13 rebounds and 4 blocks a game.
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby The Schwab » Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:47 am

baseball wrote:Maybe 90% ofthe board disagrees with me, but 90% of the country agrees with me that Hansbrough gets too much credit for UNC's success. I have never once came on and "repeated" what i've heard on ESPN, although I have said things that eventually were said on there because its stuff thats not that hard to understand.

No I don't do that....I looked at their schedule, and then i made my decision that they don't deserve to be in the conversation for the NCAA tourney. They have One good win, at the beginning of the year...and the main quality for the selection committee is "What have you done for me Recently" so IMHO no conference USA championship, no tourney bid!
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:02 am

22 points and 8 boards a game for a team thats 25-3 that hasn't lost a game by more then 10 is AA material. Hansbrough doesn't need to make a case to make the AA team, those other players need to make a case to be argued against him. The two big men of the AA team are Hansbrough and Griffin. Harangody has better numbers but Notre Dame is garbage and they got owned by Hansbrough and UNC. I do think Hansbrough is better than those guys. This is starting to sound like last year when people said Beasley should've won cause his numbers were better and he'll be a better pro. How good the team is comes into affect when selecting all-americans and player of the year candidates. The way you word your posts you come off as you're smarter then everyone and since you are a stat junkie we have to bow down to you. That's why most posts that people quote you and then you quote them back are so hostile because of the way you word things and you're very, very, controversial opinion about EVERYTHING.
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baseball » Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:36 am

So Hansbrough is above Blair this year?
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby balla45 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:13 am

22 points and 8 boards a game for a team thats 25-3 that hasn't lost a game by more then 10 is AA material. Hansbrough doesn't need to make a case to make the AA team, those other players need to make a case to be argued against him. The two big men of the AA team are Hansbrough and Griffin. Harangody has better numbers but Notre Dame is garbage and they got owned by Hansbrough and UNC. I do think Hansbrough is better than those guys. This is starting to sound like last year when people said Beasley should've won cause his numbers were better and he'll be a better pro. How good the team is comes into affect when selecting all-americans and player of the year candidates. The way you word your posts you come off as you're smarter then everyone and since you are a stat junkie we have to bow down to you. That's why most posts that people quote you and then you quote them back are so hostile because of the way you word things and you're very, very, controversial opinion about EVERYTHING.

Baseball isn't pretentious. He doesn't intend to sound smarter than people, and his posts do not come across that way. He is firm in his opinions. That is how any good debater is.

I will give Hansbrough credit. He produces. However, you just said Hansbrough is better than Blake Griffin. That statement alone discredits 90% of the things you have said in this topic.

Beasley SHOULD have won last year, he was the best, most dominant player, in college basketball. Hansbrough is a people person, built up by the media. It is ridiculous that he gets credit for working so hard. EVERYONE WORKS HARD. I will give him credit for his 22 and 8, because those are FACTS that can't be taken away.

How good a player's team is should not affect All-American teams. If the best player in the country plays for an 11-11 team, he SHOULD be the National Player Of The Year. Hanbrough has never been the BEST player in the country. I can argue that he isn't top 5, but the consensus is that he is top 5. He has never been the best player in college. That is why he should have never been NPOTY. My problem with team success is simply this: If Mike Beasley played for UNC, should he have been NPOTY?

Realistically, Hansbrough is overblown by the media. Not coaches or scouts, but the media. People on this website act as if they know him and his personality. I will not forget the people that said he deserves it because he isn't cocky and Beasley is. We don't know these people.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby BballFan1307 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:13 am

First of all, yes Hansbrough should be on over Blair, He averages 15 and 12 i think , last time i looked. the only reason he has been talked about at all is because he played well against uconn when thabeet was out with foul trouble. Second balla45, how can you not see, by watching Hansbrough in a game, that he works the hardest out of any player on the court. Griffin is the better player , Yes. i agree with that. However, their hustle and hard work are not equal. Hansbrough has him by tons. If you watch a game you can see Griffin jog down court behind the traffic. IT's really quite obvious. Again, i'm not saying Hansbrough is better than griffin, but to say their hustle and hardwork are equal is false.
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:21 am

balla45 wrote:

Baseball isn't pretentious. He doesn't intend to sound smarter than people, and his posts do not come across that way. He is firm in his opinions. That is how any good debater is.

I will give Hansbrough credit. He produces. However, you just said Hansbrough is better than Blake Griffin. That statement alone discredits 90% of the things you have said in this topic.

Beasley SHOULD have won last year, he was the best, most dominant player, in college basketball. Hansbrough is a people person, built up by the media. It is ridiculous that he gets credit for working so hard. EVERYONE WORKS HARD. I will give him credit for his 22 and 8, because those are FACTS that can't be taken away.

How good a player's team is should not affect All-American teams. If the best player in the country plays for an 11-11 team, he SHOULD be the National Player Of The Year. Hanbrough has never been the BEST player in the country. I can argue that he isn't top 5, but the consensus is that he is top 5. He has never been the best player in college. That is why he should have never been NPOTY. My problem with team success is simply this: If Mike Beasley played for UNC, should he have been NPOTY?

Realistically, Hansbrough is overblown by the media. Not coaches or scouts, but the media. People on this website act as if they know him and his personality. I will not forget the people that said he deserves it because he isn't cocky and Beasley is. We don't know these people.

Did you ever think that maybe a very large reason why UNC is one of the best teams in the country is because of Hansbroughs affect on the game. Beasley should not have won POY last year. He did nothing to make his players better. He went to K-State because he knew he'd shine and it would increase his draft stock. The best player in the country wouldn't play for an 11-11 team because if he is without a shadow of a doubt the best player in the country, his team isn't going to be 11-11. I don't think Hansbrough should or will win national player of the year because Griffin is too incredibly good.

I NEVER once said hansbrough is better than blake griffin so stop putting words in my mouth, wow. Show me exactly where i said "Tyler Hansbrough is better than Blake Griffin". Just because you can't think of more points to say doesn't mean you start making them up any "great debater" should know that. Who should've won in 2006 when JJ Redick won it since I'm sure you thought he was "overblown" by the media and not deserving of it.

The Griffin vs. Hansbrough debate for NPOTY is much like last years but Griffin should win cause he is leading his team to a possible national championship. When Kansas played Oklahoma when Griffin wasn't playing Cole Aldrich had like 20 and 20, which should NEVER happen. Had Griffin played that game Aldrich wouldnt've had 10 and KU would've lost by 10+. He makes his team/teammates better and has amazing numbers.

One last thing balla45, I think Baseball is a big boy and can fight his own battles. He doesn't need you to defend him. He sticks to his guns as much as me, the schwab, or bballfan1307.
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby The Schwab » Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:23 am

alright...just for the record, I hate tyler hansborough, but I am not dumb and I can respect his work ethic and the fact that is his one of the top players in america, and in college basketball history. Should he have won player of the year? Well that's what the voters decided, and you can't really argue and say he wasn't deserving. As for the topic of who should win it this year, I'm not sure. Talent wise it should be griffin, but to me he seems like he takes plays off. Hustle wise it should be hansborough, and I know your all going to say that everyone hustles as much as he does. False, If he was as bad talent wise as some on this board think then he would average 2 and 1 if everyone hustled like he did. And if your going by most valuable to his team, Curry should win it, he put a little known college basketball program on the national map. And I'm sure some of you will say, He can't win it, He was held scoreless for one entire game. Well my friends that's EXACTLY why I think he should win it, and I'll tell you why. He saw that the other teams goal was to keep him from scoring, so he played the role of decoy perfectly. If you can name me one "superstar" who would let himself be taken out of a game, and shy away from the spotlight for the good of the team, I will take back my post. The point is, you can't say someone is hands down "better" than any of the others in this years POY race, because they all bring something different to their team.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball » Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:37 pm

I wont argue that if Griffin played that it wouldve been a different game, but what makes you say OU wins by 10+? Had Griffin played, they would have the offense go through him, he didnt so they had to play through Warren on the perimeter. They hit a 6 minute stretch where they were hitting 3 after 3. If Griffin played they wouldnt have taken that many 3s let alone make that many.

Griffin doesnt play as hard as Hansbrough, for that I woudl just like to say go watch the highlights from the OU-TTU game. dude got cleared the play less then 24 hours before the game after suffering a concussion and he's diving over tables for loose balls.

My arguement for Redick winning the POY was that how can a guy whos only good at 1 thing get the award? All he does is run off screen after screen until he gets and inch of space then shoots. You could say that Curry but Curry gets 6 assists a game, rebounds, and plays defense.

why doesnt Hansbrough have to make a case for AA?? just because he's been there before and the reigning POY he gets an automatic bid like a conference championship?? Sure Harangody is on a team thats not very good, but think of the numbers he would put up if he didnt play with a guy who thinks he should shoot whenever he touches the ball. He already averages like 23 points, and thats with McAlarney taking contested fade aways and fall aways and 30 footers that arent all such great shots.
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby The Schwab » Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:19 pm

baseball wrote:I wont argue that if Griffin played that it wouldve been a different game, but what makes you say OU wins by 10+? Had Griffin played, they would have the offense go through him, he didnt so they had to play through Warren on the perimeter. They hit a 6 minute stretch where they were hitting 3 after 3. If Griffin played they wouldnt have taken that many 3s let alone make that many.

Griffin doesnt play as hard as Hansbrough, for that I woudl just like to say go watch the highlights from the OU-TTU game. dude got cleared the play less then 24 hours before the game after suffering a concussion and he's diving over tables for loose balls.

My arguement for Redick winning the POY was that how can a guy whos only good at 1 thing get the award? All he does is run off screen after screen until he gets and inch of space then shoots. You could say that Curry but Curry gets 6 assists a game, rebounds, and plays defense.

why doesnt Hansbrough have to make a case for AA?? just because he's been there before and the reigning POY he gets an automatic bid like a conference championship?? Sure Harangody is on a team thats not very good, but think of the numbers he would put up if he didnt play with a guy who thinks he should shoot whenever he touches the ball. He already averages like 23 points, and thats with McAlarney taking contested fade aways and fall aways and 30 footers that arent all such great shots.

Alright, First and Foremost I'm glad you can watch ESPN glorify Blake Griffin showing a little bit of effort. I would hope he would hustle after loose balls in a key conference match up. I find it quite ironic that they have to make note of his hustle, they never have to do that for tyler, because he always gives it 110 percent. As for Redick winning POY, yea I hate the guy more than anyone that has ever stepped on a college basketball court, BUT he is one of the best pure shooters of all time, he changed teams game plans, forced teams to play defense on him out to 25 feet and was surrounded by absolute garbage. So yeah he deserved to win it based on scoring. Hansbrough makes a case for all american each and everytime he steps on the court. His opponents know that if they don't give maximum effort on every single play he is going to make them look stupid. He takes nothing for granted and puts up great numbers while surrounded by 3 legitimate pro prospects. So yes Tyler Hansbrough should be and will be an all american. If blake griffin played with the toughness and hustle that tyler hansbrough plays with we wouldn't be having this argument, because he would average 40 and 20.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball » Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:30 pm

I picked that sequence for Griffin because people seem to say he never hustles and takes plays off. Have you guys seen Oklahoma play? guy makes more hustle plays then anyone on the team....but since Tyler Hansbrough is the only guy in America to hustle every play it doesnt count. how would Harangody and Blair not make a person look stupid if they dont give maximum effort? you have to put atleast 2 bodies on Blair alone to keep him off the glass...best offensive rebounder in the country by far. Harangody puts up ridiculous numbers every night.

Hansbrough puts up great numbers BECAUSE he is surrounded by 3 legit pro prospects, not while surrounded by them. Griffin has Warren..then who? Tony Crocker and Cade Davis?? Harangody has Kyle McAlarney (not a legit pro prospect)...then who, Ryan Ayers?? Teams prepare for UNC knowing that if you prepare for just Hansbrough the other 3 will eat them alive.
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball » Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:33 pm

who's the next best post player in the ACC? Booker? not like Hansbrough bangs with legit posts every game...His eyes should light up like no other knowing he will go into a game with Zoubek guarding him.
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby BballFan1307 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:38 pm

Yeah, i actually have watched Oklahoma play, and yes, Griffin does take a lot of plays off joggin back on Defense. How can you say h e doesn't? and you make a big deal about people putting two bodies on Blair? what do you think Hansbrough has seen the last 3 years. The instant he has the ball he has 3 defenders surrounding him. You make it sound like Hansbrough scores because teams make it easy on him. and to you, who has griffin had to play against this year?? you make a big deal about no big guys in the acc. well the only one that could have put up a fight against griffin, aldrich, griffin didnt even play that game. so its not like griffin has played anyone good? your just tryin to scoop anything you can against hansbrough but it goes the same way.
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby BballFan1307 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:41 pm

heres some for you. Gani Lawal, Trevor Booker, James Johnson, McFarland, Mike Scott, Ben McCaulley just because their names aren't popular doesnt mean they are bad.
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby BballFan1307 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:51 pm

I can understand hwo people dislike Hansbrough, his game doesnt "look" the way its supposed to, but that doesn't mean he's not good. He's a guy that if he doesn't play for your team you hate him. IF he played for G-Town The Schwab would love him haha. If he played for Kansas, baseball would love how him and Aldrich would dominate a game.
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby balla45 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:09 pm

BballFan1307 wrote:First of all, yes Hansbrough should be on over Blair, He averages 15 and 12 i think , last time i looked. the only reason he has been talked about at all is because he played well against uconn when thabeet was out with foul trouble. Second balla45, how can you not see, by watching Hansbrough in a game, that he works the hardest out of any player on the court. Griffin is the better player , Yes. i agree with that. However, their hustle and hard work are not equal. Hansbrough has him by tons. If you watch a game you can see Griffin jog down court behind the traffic. IT's really quite obvious. Again, i'm not saying Hansbrough is better than griffin, but to say their hustle and hardwork are equal is false.

I'm not talking about Hansbrough VS. Griffin. I am saying that I don't buy the belief that Hansbrough is the hardest working player in the country. It could be a tie, but I don't think him going 100% all the time is any more impressive than Ty Lawson going 100% all game or any other player that does it.

Every player should Hustle.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Open Topics - Sports and other things