Tyler Hansbrough

Talk about the world of sports here. And also a sub-forum to talk about anything else.

Re: Tyler Hansbrough

Postby balla45 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:23 pm

ndfan wrote:
balla45 wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7QH86DtQGA

HAHA you couldn't tell those were K State Homers :) Thats like Paul Allen and Sid Hartmen doing play by play for the Vikings and Talking about Adrian Peterson should be MVP of the NFL.

Go google, why hansbrough shouldn't be player of the year. You will be interested in your findings.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby GFRR99 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:24 pm

baseball wrote:2 point %
Beasley - 56.4%
Hansbrough- 54.0%

3 point %
Beasley - 38.9%
Hansbrough 0.0%

FT %
Beasley - 76.7%
Hansbrough 81.7%

RPG
Beasley - 12.4
Hansbrough - 10.4

Blk PG
Beasley - 1.7
Hansbrough - 0.3

Steals
Beasley - 1.3
Hansbrough -1.5

your right...Hansbrough does everything better

you can't figure out which player does things better by statistics without incorporating minutes played. but i would assume beasley plays 5-10 more min. than hansbrough each game for the simple fact that UNC is much deeper. i believe hansbrough gets the first sub each game, i dont know why. but if i was to say who was better at those stats i would say: beasley is a better shot blocker, rebounder and 3 point shooter and hansbrough is a better at ft% and steals
GFRR99
NDPreps All-State

Postby GFRR99 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:25 pm

GFRR99
NDPreps All-State

Postby baseball » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:25 pm

balla45 wrote:
ndfan wrote:
balla45 wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7QH86DtQGA

HAHA you couldn't tell those were K State Homers :) Thats like Paul Allen and Sid Hartmen doing play by play for the Vikings and Talking about Adrian Peterson should be MVP of the NFL.

Go google, why hansbrough shouldn't be player of the year. You will be interested in your findings.

if you look at the scoreboard on the screen...its an espn televised game. espn doesnt assign homers to do the games, unless its vitale doing the ACC
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby balla45 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:28 pm

Impressive. That is a solid dunk. Then again, how many people on here remember Ishmail Muhammed from Georgia Tech?
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:29 pm

2 things....

1. he traveled to get around a guy who cant move.
2. got around is exactly what he did, not over. good dunk sure, but overrated....very much so. Washingtons dunk on UNC in the ACC semis was twice as good as that
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndfan » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:38 pm

So who is runner up to Hansbrough for POY and why? :)
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby balla45 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:40 pm

ndfan wrote:So who is runner up to Hansbrough for POY and why? :)

You phrased the question wrong. Did you mean, "so who is the runner up to Beasley, Love, Rose, and Gordon for POY and why?:)" My answer would have to be Tyler Hansbrough, because the media loves him, and he tries.

A great quote I just found. "Apparently no one else in college basketball hustles the way Hansbrough does. Other players dive for loose balls, but when Hansbrough does it, you would think he were diving on a grenade to save the lives of his teammates the way the TV announcers describe it."

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby BballFan1307 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:54 pm

balla45 wrote:

You phrased the question wrong. Did you mean, "so who is the runner up to Beasley, Love, Rose, and Gordon for POY and why?:)" My answer would have to be Tyler Hansbrough, because the media loves him, and he tries.

A great quote I just found. "Apparently no one else in college basketball hustles the way Hansbrough does. Other players dive for loose balls, but when Hansbrough does it, you would think he were diving on a grenade to save the lives of his teammates the way the TV announcers describe it."

everyone you listed will be a better nba player then hansbrough yes, but college player no, not even close, being a good college player, involves not tryin to get good stats just to impress nba scouts
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby balla45 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:56 pm

BballFan1307 wrote:
balla45 wrote:

everyone you listed will be a better nba player then hansbrough yes, but college player no, not even close, being a good college player, involves not tryin to get good stats just to impress nba scouts

You are right. A good college players gets stats to win games. If Beasley doesn't put up his numbers, and is complacent with 15 and 8, his team doesn't go anywhere.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndfan » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:57 pm

Alright balla tell me why its beasley, make me a believer :)
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby balla45 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:01 pm

ndfan wrote:Alright balla tell me why its beasley, make me a believer :)

Beasley led his team to their first tournament appearance in 15 years, with a first year head coach. Beasley led his team to their first victory over Kansas in 25 years. Beasley averaged 25 and 12, playing against Box and 1 defenses without much help from anyone other than Bill Walker. Beasley can do everything on the court. He can score, shoot, gets steals, swat shots, and he collects rebounds like a Ben Wallace. I have more, I will be back soon.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby BballFan1307 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:09 pm

balla45 wrote:

Beasley led his team to their first tournament appearance in 15 years, with a first year head coach. Beasley led his team to their first victory over Kansas in 25 years. Beasley averaged 25 and 12, playing against Box and 1 defenses without much help from anyone other than Bill Walker. Beasley can do everything on the court. He can score, shoot, gets steals, swat shots, and he collects rebounds like a Ben Wallace. I have more, I will be back soon.

Hansbrough led his team to a number one seed in the NCAA tournament. The number one seed in the nation overall( 30-2)
Hansbrough lead his team to its first back to back ACC tournament championships since 97-98.
Hansbrough averaged 22 and 10 playing against double and triple teams every time he touched the ball. Hansbrough knocks down his free throws consistently. rebounds very well, great with contact and can play great defense. Last of all. he is a TEAM player. not an individual player. he works to make his team better.
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby balla45 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:09 pm

Beasley holds 27 school and 13 Big 12 records. Led the nation in double doubles. He had 32 against a stud player in Blake Griffin. 21 against Deandra Jordan. 25 against Kansas. All in wins, and in another big game against Kansas he had 39. He started out the season averaging 30 and 20, and he can really do it all, like no other college player.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby balla45 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:11 pm

BballFan1307 wrote:
balla45 wrote:

Hansbrough led his team to a number one seed in the NCAA tournament. The number one seed in the nation overall( 30-2)
Hansbrough lead his team to its first back to back ACC tournament championships since 97-98.
Hansbrough averaged 22 and 10 playing against double and triple teams every time he touched the ball. Hansbrough knocks down his free throws consistently. rebounds very well, great with contact and can play great defense. Last of all. he is a TEAM player. not an individual player. he works to make his team better.

Besides the first 2, Beasley did every other thing you said on here.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby BballFan1307 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:14 pm

balla45 wrote:
BballFan1307 wrote:
balla45 wrote:

so WHY is he better than hansbrough? cuz he can jump higher? cuz he has a better outside shot? because he shoots more? or my favorite, cuz he doenst have good teammates and hansbrough has lawson and ellington....well lawson went out hansbroughs numbers went up. Beasley better athlete ..player no.
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby balla45 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:14 pm

A great argument I have heard for Beasley. If both Beasley and Hansbrough were on UNC, who would be the team's go to guy?

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby balla45 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:16 pm

BballFan1307 wrote:
balla45 wrote:
BballFan1307 wrote:
balla45 wrote:

so WHY is he better than hansbrough? cuz he can jump higher? cuz he has a better outside shot? because he shoots more? or my favorite, cuz he doenst have good teammates and hansbrough has lawson and ellington....well lawson went out hansbroughs numbers went up. Beasley better athlete ..player no.

Those would be some of the reasons he is better than Hansbrough. He does EVERYTHING Hansbrough does, and then some. When Hansbrough can shoot, block a shot, or score off the dribble, he might be a good comparison.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby BballFan1307 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:22 pm

balla45 wrote:
BballFan1307 wrote:
balla45 wrote:
BballFan1307 wrote:
balla45 wrote:

Those would be some of the reasons he is better than Hansbrough. He does EVERYTHING Hansbrough does, and then some. When Hansbrough can shoot, block a shot, or score off the dribble, he might be a good comparison.

THEY PLAY DIFFERENT STYLES!, beasley is like a small forward. hanbrough is a post, he doesnt have to shoot from range , he doesnt have to score off the dribble. He scores in the post, he does what he is supposed to
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby balla45 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:24 pm

BballFan1307 wrote:
balla45 wrote:
BballFan1307 wrote:
balla45 wrote:
BballFan1307 wrote:
balla45 wrote:

THEY PLAY DIFFERENT STYLES!, beasley is like a small forward. hanbrough is a post, he doesnt have to shoot from range , he doesnt have to score off the dribble. He scores in the post, he does what he is supposed to

That is true. Beasley can still do everything Hansbrough can and then some. The same can't be said for Hansbrough. All he has on Beasley is free throw%. Every other aspect of Beasley's game is vastly superior to Hansbrough's.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:32 pm

they play different styles yes. but tell me one thing Hansbrough does better night in and night out? yes they play different styles like stated but the differnce is Beasley can play Hansbrough's style as well as his own. Hansbrough cant do what Beasley does.
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby BballFan1307 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:34 pm

baseball wrote:they play different styles yes. but tell me one thing Hansbrough does better night in and night out? yes they play different styles like stated but the differnce is Beasley can play Hansbrough's style as well as his own. Hansbrough cant do what Beasley does.

you guys ever think it has to do with type of offense the teams run? K states offense is Beasely....thats it....cant wait till he puts up his 40 points and 12 rebounds in a 18 point loss to USC in the first round...then he can watch Hansbrough at home, maybe learn a thing or two.
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ndfan » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:35 pm

I'm just glad you guys are arguing for Beasley over Hansbrough and not Mayo :)
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby balla45 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:36 pm

BballFan1307 wrote:
baseball wrote:they play different styles yes. but tell me one thing Hansbrough does better night in and night out? yes they play different styles like stated but the differnce is Beasley can play Hansbrough's style as well as his own. Hansbrough cant do what Beasley does.

you guys ever think it has to do with type of offense the teams run? K states offense is Beasely....thats it....cant wait till he puts up his 40 points and 12 rebounds in a 18 point loss to USC in the first round...then he can watch Hansbrough at home, maybe learn a thing or two.

I honestly wouldn't care if USC won. That gets me money. Then he can go home, watch Hansbrough play if he feels like it. Learn that Ty Lawson is a great point guard. Relax, and enjoy the fact that he will be the number one pick in the NBA draft, while Hansbrough will come back for his senior season, or maybe settle for that 38th pick.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby balla45 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:37 pm

ndfan wrote:I'm just glad you guys are arguing for Beasley over Hansbrough and not Mayo :)

Mayo is not fit for college. He has NBA written all over him. That doesn't even have to be argued. His game is suited for the isolation/pick and roll style of the NBA.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Open Topics - Sports and other things