Tyler Hansbrough

Talk about the world of sports here. And also a sub-forum to talk about anything else.

Tyler Hansbrough

Postby balla45 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:17 pm

What makes him better than the rest? I personally don't see the talent, all I see when I watch the man play is Mark Madsen.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Re: Tyler Hansbrough

Postby The Schwab » Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:30 pm

23 and 10 a night, shoots over 50 percent from the floor, player of the year.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby BballFan1307 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:07 pm

balla45 wrote:What makes him better than the rest? I personally don't see the talent, all I see when I watch the man play is Mark Madsen.

how can you say that .... Yeah he hustles like Madsen, but Madsen doesnt score. He averaged 12 ppg.
Hansbrough takes 100 less shots then Beasley on a better team and plays better competition and still only avereages 3 less points per game than him.

Also....Hansbrough has people on his team that also score... UNC has 4 players that average double digits. Beasley has ONE other player that scores over 10 ppg. Beasley is the only guy that shoots pretty much. Alot of Hansbroughs points come from his tremendous ability to rebound and box out.
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby subway » Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:33 pm

mark madsen? r u kidding hansbrough will b ten times the player he'll b. ya maybe madsen was a hustler, but y downgrade hansbrough and compare him to madsen.
subway
NDPreps Reserve

Postby baseball » Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:39 pm

subway wrote:mark madsen? r u kidding hansbrough will b ten times the player he'll b. ya maybe madsen was a hustler, but y downgrade hansbrough and compare him to madsen.

http://www.nbadraft.net/admincp/profile ... rough.html

ask the people who get paid to compare and analyze players. who have seen more college games then anyone on this board. its not downgrading him, its saying what he is.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby The Schwab » Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:53 pm

baseball wrote:
subway wrote:mark madsen? r u kidding hansbrough will b ten times the player he'll b. ya maybe madsen was a hustler, but y downgrade hansbrough and compare him to madsen.

ask the people who get paid to compare and analyze players. who have seen more college games then anyone on this board. its not downgrading him, its saying what he is.

I agree that's what his pro prospect is.....but there is really no arguing that Tyler is a WAY better college player
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby BballFan1307 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:09 pm

The Schwab wrote:
baseball wrote:

I agree that's what his pro prospect is.....but there is really no arguing that Tyler is a WAY better college player

thank you... i'm not trying to say that hansbrough is going to average 20 and 10 in the nba, cuz the truth is he wont. He might average 10 points mayb 5 boards( if he's lucky) the only reason people compare him to madsen is that yes they are the same height and almost same weight and they hustle. If you comppare their actual "basketball game" hansbrough is 10 times what mark madsen is.
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baseball » Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:28 pm

BballFan1307 wrote:
The Schwab wrote:
baseball wrote:

thank you... i'm not trying to say that hansbrough is going to average 20 and 10 in the nba, cuz the truth is he wont. He might average 10 points mayb 5 boards( if he's lucky) the only reason people compare him to madsen is that yes they are the same height and almost same weight and they hustle. If you comppare their actual "basketball game" hansbrough is 10 times what mark madsen is.

i dont think they just look at height and weight when comparing players and how much they hustle. im pretty sure they look at their actaul "basketball game" too when doing that.
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby balla45 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:54 pm

BballFan1307 wrote:
balla45 wrote:What makes him better than the rest? I personally don't see the talent, all I see when I watch the man play is Mark Madsen.

how can you say that .... Yeah he hustles like Madsen, but Madsen doesnt score. He averaged 12 ppg.
Hansbrough takes 100 less shots then Beasley on a better team and plays better competition and still only avereages 3 less points per game than him.

Also....Hansbrough has people on his team that also score... UNC has 4 players that average double digits. Beasley has ONE other player that scores over 10 ppg. Beasley is the only guy that shoots pretty much. Alot of Hansbroughs points come from his tremendous ability to rebound and box out.

Exactly. Put Hansbrough on a team like Madsen was on in college. Every player UNC puts on the floor is a threat to score, so it isn't like Hansbrough is going to fight through a triple team. If you double off of any guard on UNC, its pretty much money in the bank.

Talent alone, Hansbrough versus Beasley isn't even a question. I am just curious as to see why people think Hansbrough is good. For example, what skill, besides hustle, does he actually possess that makes him better than the freshmen studs I previously named?
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby The Schwab » Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:00 pm

balla45 wrote:
BballFan1307 wrote:

Exactly. Put Hansbrough on a team like Madsen was on in college. Every player UNC puts on the floor is a threat to score, so it isn't like Hansbrough is going to fight through a triple team. If you double off of any guard on UNC, its pretty much money in the bank.

Talent alone, Hansbrough versus Beasley isn't even a question. I am just curious as to see why people think Hansbrough is good. For example, what skill, besides hustle, does he actually possess that makes him better than the freshmen studs I previously named?

Well he obviously has to have skill....he's the PLAYER OF THE YEAR....he's going to have his jersey in the rafters at chapel hill, along with a guy named MICHEAL JORDAN
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndfan » Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:03 pm

The Schwab wrote:
balla45 wrote:
BballFan1307 wrote:

Well he obviously has to have skill....he's the PLAYER OF THE YEAR....he's going to have his jersey in the rafters at chapel hill, along with a guy named MICHEAL JORDAN

Only way he should have his jersey in the rafters with Jordan is if they win a National Championship.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby balla45 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:06 pm

ndfan wrote:
The Schwab wrote:
balla45 wrote:
BballFan1307 wrote:

Only way he should have his jersey in the rafters with Jordan is if they win a National Championship.

It is amazing that Hansbrough is named in the same conversation as Micheal Jordan. It should never happen. But, is he obviously must have skill, what skills are these? I watch him play, and he hustles. I don't see a jump shot. I don't see post moves. I see hustling for a rebound and getting a layup. Hustling on the break and getting a dunk. Getting spoon fed for a lay up by Lawson or Ellington. What is Hansbrough skilled at?

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndfan » Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:14 pm

Was that a lay up he had when he made the game winning shot to beat Clemson in the ACC Championship?
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball » Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:15 pm

the only reason he won POY is because hes the most talked about player on the most talked about team in the country. hes not the best player. hes on a team like FSU or NC State hes not even talked aobut as being an All-American and maybe not even All-conference. that is what Beasleys doing. Take Beasley away from KState, where are they? sitting on a couch watching the NCAA and NIT. Wheres UNC without Hansbrough. maybe not a 1 seed but no lower then a 3...

and ndfan...noone said he cant hit an occasion 12 footer, but he cant do it consistantly...
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby balla45 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:25 pm

ndfan wrote:Was that a lay up he had when he made the game winning shot to beat Clemson in the ACC Championship?

I think you know the answer to that question.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby balla45 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:26 pm

baseball wrote:the only reason he won POY is because hes the most talked about player on the most talked about team in the country. hes not the best player. hes on a team like FSU or NC State hes not even talked aobut as being an All-American and maybe not even All-conference. that is what Beasleys doing. Take Beasley away from KState, where are they? sitting on a couch watching the NCAA and NIT. Wheres UNC without Hansbrough. maybe not a 1 seed but no lower then a 3...

and ndfan...noone said he cant hit an occasion 12 footer, but he cant do it consistantly...

Hansbrough is not the best player in the NCAA, not the best player in the ACC, not the best player at UNC. But he is player of the year. Does anyone else see a problem with that?

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby subway » Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:29 pm

idc what anyone says hansbrough still is the best player in the nation. k st. is overrated. the only reason THEY r in the media is becuz of one man: Beasley. u can't tell me that hansbrough duzn't have a huge impact on his team. w/o ty lawson he carried his team, yes they lost to duke but one game isn't gonna make a difference. and u also say that hansbrough wouldn't b this good if he was on a different team. well think about it. he's so good that he's on one of the best teams in the nation. beasley went to k st. cuz he thot huggins would b there. hansbrough went to unc cuz he's good and he actually wants to win. beasley's here to get his minutes on sportscenter, have a little fun at college, and then leave and go get his money in the nba.

yes he's a good player but he's not here for the game. he's here cuz he has to be. he and many other players r better off just goin from hs to the nba. the one and done rule hurts the ncaa and the nba as well.
subway
NDPreps Reserve

Postby subway » Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:30 pm

balla45 wrote:
baseball wrote:the only reason he won POY is because hes the most talked about player on the most talked about team in the country. hes not the best player. hes on a team like FSU or NC State hes not even talked aobut as being an All-American and maybe not even All-conference. that is what Beasleys doing. Take Beasley away from KState, where are they? sitting on a couch watching the NCAA and NIT. Wheres UNC without Hansbrough. maybe not a 1 seed but no lower then a 3...

Hansbrough is not the best player in the NCAA, not the best player in the ACC, not the best player at UNC. But he is player of the year. Does anyone else see a problem with that?

quick question. r u insane?!?
subway
NDPreps Reserve

Postby balla45 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:32 pm

subway wrote:idc what anyone says hansbrough still is the best player in the nation. k st. is overrated. the only reason THEY r in the media is becuz of one man: Beasley. u can't tell me that hansbrough duzn't have a huge impact on his team. w/o ty lawson he carried his team, yes they lost to duke but one game isn't gonna make a difference. and u also say that hansbrough wouldn't b this good if he was on a different team. well think about it. he's so good that he's on one of the best teams in the nation. beasley went to k st. cuz he thot huggins would b there. hansbrough went to unc cuz he's good and he actually wants to win. beasley's here to get his minutes on sportscenter, have a little fun at college, and then leave and go get his money in the nba.

yes he's a good player but he's not here for the game. he's here cuz he has to be. he and many other players r better off just goin from hs to the nba. the one and done rule hurts the ncaa and the nba as well.

Hansbrough is the best player in the nation, yet Beasley is good enough to be in the NBA? Is that what you just said?

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby balla45 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:33 pm

subway wrote:
balla45 wrote:

quick question. r u insane?!?

No. Why would you think that?

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby subway » Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:34 pm

hansbrough's amazing! who's better than him? Beasley? Nope!
subway
NDPreps Reserve

Postby balla45 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:37 pm

subway wrote:hansbrough's amazing! who's better than him? Beasley? Nope!

Beasley, Rose, Gordon, Mayo, Love, honestly there are a lot of players better than him. He isn't close to Beasley's level of skill or talent. Same with all the others I just named, and that is just the tip of the iceberg.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby subway » Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:40 pm

balla45 wrote:
subway wrote:idc what anyone says hansbrough still is the best player in the nation. k st. is overrated. the only reason THEY r in the media is becuz of one man: Beasley. u can't tell me that hansbrough duzn't have a huge impact on his team. w/o ty lawson he carried his team, yes they lost to duke but one game isn't gonna make a difference. and u also say that hansbrough wouldn't b this good if he was on a different team. well think about it. he's so good that he's on one of the best teams in the nation. beasley went to k st. cuz he thot huggins would b there. hansbrough went to unc cuz he's good and he actually wants to win. beasley's here to get his minutes on sportscenter, have a little fun at college, and then leave and go get his money in the nba.

Hansbrough is the best player in the nation, yet Beasley is good enough to be in the NBA? Is that what you just said?

ya they both could be hansbrough chooses not to be cuz he loves the college game enuf
subway
NDPreps Reserve

Postby subway » Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:41 pm

also who's better than hansbrough in the acc being u say he duzn't deserve that award either?????
subway
NDPreps Reserve

Postby balla45 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:43 pm

subway wrote:also who's better than hansbrough in the acc being u say he duzn't deserve that award either?????

Hansbrough will get eaten alive in the NBA. I don't have a problem with Hansbrough being ACC player of the year, but a better player, I would go with Ty Lawson over him anyday. But, that argument is way too much work. So I will just continue to say, Hansbrough isn't one of the 10 best players in college this year.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Next

Return to Open Topics - Sports and other things