Tyler Hansbrough

Talk about the world of sports here. And also a sub-forum to talk about anything else.

Re: Tyler Hansbrough

Postby subway » Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:41 pm

baseball wrote:2 point %
Beasley - 56.4%
Hansbrough- 54.0%

3 point %
Beasley - 38.9%
Hansbrough 0.0%

FT %
Beasley - 76.7%
Hansbrough 81.7%

RPG
Beasley - 12.4
Hansbrough - 10.4

Blk PG
Beasley - 1.7
Hansbrough - 0.3

Steals
Beasley - 1.3
Hansbrough -1.5

your right...Hansbrough does everything better

i never said he didn EVERYTHING better. but hansbroughs gonna b in the final four, beasley will not. beasley's team hasn't won over 30 games, hansbrough's has. sometimes it comes down to how well a player's team duz. hansbrough's also played 3 more games than beasley meaning his #'s may have gone down. and since when is a post player judged on his 3 point %. i guess thats y shaq was so good and kareem abdul-jabbar
subway
NDPreps Reserve

Postby subway » Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:43 pm

balla45 wrote:I don't think anyone should feel bad for Beasley. He probably loves Kansas State. Beasley isn't better because his team isn't good. Beasley is better because Hansbrough is worse. Hanbrough isn't top 10 in the NCAA.

i c i was wrong. ur more of a hansbrough hater than a beasley lover. by the way u named 5 freshman a while back name 5 more pleez!
subway
NDPreps Reserve

Postby balla45 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:45 pm

subway wrote:
balla45 wrote:I don't think anyone should feel bad for Beasley. He probably loves Kansas State. Beasley isn't better because his team isn't good. Beasley is better because Hansbrough is worse. Hanbrough isn't top 10 in the NCAA.

i c i was wrong. ur more of a hansbrough hater than a beasley lover. by the way u named 5 freshman a while back name 5 more pleez!

I am a Hansbrough hater. I will admit that. Beasley isn't even my favorite freshman. Gordon by far, then Mayo.

This is who I said before. Beasley, Gordon, Mayo, Walker, King, Rose, Love, Bayless, Jordan, Greene, Griffin, Koufos, Jefferson. Can I count Bill Walker too?
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby subway » Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:46 pm

another thing i'd love to see outta beasley (but i won't) is the consistency over the years that hansbrough's put up. pts., rebs. everything
subway
NDPreps Reserve

Postby balla45 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:47 pm

subway wrote:another thing i'd love to see outta beasley (but i won't) is the consistency over the years that hansbrough's put up. pts., rebs. everything

Points, rebounds, nothing else.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball » Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:48 pm

that was my point as to why Beasley is better, he can do more. he can actually score outside the lane (and dont say "was that shot against Clemson in the lane?"). and now your comparing Hansbrough to Shaq and Kareem?? k...

switch the teams. Hansbrough on KSTATE and Beasley on UNC, UNC wins the title no doubt, KState is in the NIT right now. Beasley carried his team all season, Hansbrough cant take a team on his back. o wait...he did when lawson was out. they beat Va tech, UVA, Clemson (in ot on a miracle), NC state, and Wake...wasnt exactly put on death row when Lawson went down. not to mention he lost the big one without him
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby subway » Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:50 pm

balla45 wrote:
subway wrote:

I am a Hansbrough hater. I will admit that. Beasley isn't even my favorite freshman. Gordon by far, then Mayo.

This is who I said before. Beasley, Gordon, Mayo, Walker, King, Rose, Love, Bayless, Jordan, Greene, Griffin, Koufos, Jefferson. Can I count Bill Walker too?

haha wow most of thoz guys rn't nearly as good as hansbrough where are there numbers? in the top 50 maybe. yes they play in different positions and won't ahve the same stats but half the players u just mentioned shouldn't even b mentioned in the same sentence as beasley or hansbrough
subway
NDPreps Reserve

Postby balla45 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:52 pm

subway wrote:
balla45 wrote:
subway wrote:

haha wow most of thoz guys rn't nearly as good as hansbrough where are there numbers? in the top 50 maybe. yes they play in different positions and won't ahve the same stats but half the players u just mentioned shouldn't even b mentioned in the same sentence as beasley or hansbrough

Hansbrough shouldn't be in the same sentence as Beasley. But, the first 8 are much better, and the rest are close.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby project-pat » Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:52 pm

this argument is pointless because balla45 is the most stubborn poster preps has ever seen...might as well give up subway...
project-pat

Postby baseball » Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:52 pm

consistency from Beasley. 27 games with double figure rebounds (Hansbrough 17). 26 double doubles (Hansbrough 17). seems like he also puts up bigger numebrs more consistantly....
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby balla45 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:54 pm

project-pat wrote:this argument is pointless because balla45 is the most stubborn poster preps has ever seen...might as well give up subway...

Subway isn't going to do that. Just because you did doesn't mean he will. Hahaha.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby subway » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:01 pm

baseball wrote:that was my point as to why Beasley is better, he can do more. he can actually score outside the lane (and dont say "was that shot against Clemson in the lane?"). and now your comparing Hansbrough to Shaq and Kareem?? k...

switch the teams. Hansbrough on KSTATE and Beasley on UNC, UNC wins the title no doubt, KState is in the NIT right now. Beasley carried his team all season, Hansbrough cant take a team on his back. o wait...he did when lawson was out. they beat Va tech, UVA, Clemson (in ot on a miracle), NC state, and Wake...wasnt exactly put on death row when Lawson went down. not to mention he lost the big one without him

ok another thing. these guys are 2 different types of players. hansbroughs more of a post guy and beasley's a finesse pf. thats what i feel makes it tuf. hansbrough's only shot 5 three pointers this year. beasley's shot 90! and ur little switch the teams scenario is foolish. hansbrough has a great chance of winning the title this year. hansbrough's team wouldn't b in the nit they'd probably b in the same situation as k st. is now. its not like k st.'s any good anyway. they should probably be in the nit. they've won 2 big games. one against kansas and one against texas a & m. the only reason there in this tourney is becuz of beasley. just so ppl can watch what they have left of him in the ncaa. teams like ohio st., Va tech, or syracuse could beat this team.

also remember what happened when bill walker got hurt in the kansas game. they got smoked. lawson was out for a few games and unc won many games
subway
NDPreps Reserve

Postby subway » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:03 pm

project-pat wrote:this argument is pointless because balla45 is the most stubborn poster preps has ever seen...might as well give up subway...

ur probably rite but i got nothin better to do. pretty sad huh?
subway
NDPreps Reserve

Postby baseball » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:10 pm

subway wrote:
baseball wrote:that was my point as to why Beasley is better, he can do more. he can actually score outside the lane (and dont say "was that shot against Clemson in the lane?"). and now your comparing Hansbrough to Shaq and Kareem?? k...

ok another thing. these guys are 2 different types of players. hansbroughs more of a post guy and beasley's a finesse pf. thats what i feel makes it tuf. hansbrough's only shot 5 three pointers this year. beasley's shot 90! and ur little switch the teams scenario is foolish. hansbrough has a great chance of winning the title this year. hansbrough's team wouldn't b in the nit they'd probably b in the same situation as k st. is now. its not like k st.'s any good anyway. they should probably be in the nit. they've won 2 big games. one against kansas and one against texas a & m. the only reason there in this tourney is becuz of beasley. just so ppl can watch what they have left of him in the ncaa. teams like ohio st., Va tech, or syracuse could beat this team.

also remember what happened when bill walker got hurt in the kansas game. they got smoked. lawson was out for a few games and unc won many games

pretty sure 3 fouls in the first half isnt an injury....? that and beasley had 2 in 3 minutes, thats why they got crushed
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby subway » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:16 pm

o ya my bad. well thats all part of the game
subway
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndfan » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:18 pm

Here's my opinion guys and just my opinion on Hansbrough being play of the year.

I agree Talent wise Beaseley and quite a few more college guys have more of it then Hansbrough I'm not gonna argue that. There are a lot more guys that are gonna have better NBA careers then him I'm not gonna deny that either. But for the less talent he has then these other guys he puts up dang good numbers, if you have less talent then a lot of guys and can put up 23 pts and 10+ rebounds a game in a lousy ACC really doesn't mean much. It helps that he's a big reason the Tar Heels are the #1 team in the country right now. But anyways there's a lot of great talent in the NCAA this year thats been fun to watch whoever wins it is no doubt deserving of it.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:22 pm

this is part of the east coast bias too and the lovefest everyone gives the ACC. Sporting News POY is like the magazine based in Texas that gave confernce POY to DJ Augustin....
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby subway » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:25 pm

yes but i'm from north dakota. i'd say i'd have a northern bias not a eastern. but like ndfan said whoever get this award deserves it. and 50-some posts back i saw that balla45 said everything hansbrough did was a dunk or layup. well i doubt when he went against that 7 7 dude from unc-a that everything was a layup/dunk. altho that one dunk was sweet
subway
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndfan » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:27 pm

Trust me I'm not East coast Biased...... I would love to see Kevin Love win the award before anybody else.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby BballFan1307 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:30 pm

First of all, to the guy that said all Tyler Hansbroug does is shoot lay ups and get fast break points , you dont watch the tarheels. For the person who said what does he do better than other post players? He works. He is doubled and triple teamed every time he gets the ball in the post. Do any of you actually watch a whole NOrth Carolina game? probably not. Tyler Hansbrough is the best player when it comes to making a shot with contact. He has been hitting jumpers too. Michael Beasley scores sooo many points because he is asked to. Tyler Hansbrough does what he needs too.
The biggest difference between Hansbrough and Beasley is Beasley doesnt care about his team. This whole season is about getting his name out to the NBA, i'm pretty sure he could absolutely care less if his team wins in the tournament hes playin to be a high draft pick. Hansbrough plays for passion and his team. And i love how all of you are praising Michael Beasley like he's the greatest thing since sliced bread, when no one on this board knew about him till he put up 30 ppg a few times this year.
Saying Hansbrough is not the best player in the acc is nonsense..... thats why he lead his team to the acc championship but whatever.
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby balla45 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:33 pm

BballFan1307 wrote:First of all, to the guy that said all Tyler Hansbroug does is shoot lay ups and get fast break points , you dont watch the tarheels. For the person who said what does he do better than other post players? He works. He is doubled and triple teamed every time he gets the ball in the post. Do any of you actually watch a whole NOrth Carolina game? probably not. Tyler Hansbrough is the best player when it comes to making a shot with contact. He has been hitting jumpers too. Michael Beasley scores sooo many points because he is asked to. Tyler Hansbrough does what he needs too.
The biggest difference between Hansbrough and Beasley is Beasley doesnt care about his team. This whole season is about getting his name out to the NBA, i'm pretty sure he could absolutely care less if his team wins in the tournament hes playin to be a high draft pick. Hansbrough plays for passion and his team. And i love how all of you are praising Michael Beasley like he's the greatest thing since sliced bread, when no one on this board knew about him till he put up 30 ppg a few times this year.
Saying Hansbrough is not the best player in the acc is nonsense..... thats why he lead his team to the acc championship but whatever.

I am that guy. I do watch the Tar Heels. Read my entire post. I said he hustles, gets layups, dunks, fast break points, and gets spoon fed.

Oh, I knew about Beasley way before this season, but that is probably because I like high school basketball more than college or the NBA. Beasley played at Oak Hill and I follow that school very close.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby BballFan1307 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:36 pm

balla45 wrote:
BballFan1307 wrote:First of all, to the guy that said all Tyler Hansbroug does is shoot lay ups and get fast break points , you dont watch the tarheels. For the person who said what does he do better than other post players? He works. He is doubled and triple teamed every time he gets the ball in the post. Do any of you actually watch a whole NOrth Carolina game? probably not. Tyler Hansbrough is the best player when it comes to making a shot with contact. He has been hitting jumpers too. Michael Beasley scores sooo many points because he is asked to. Tyler Hansbrough does what he needs too.

I am that guy. I do watch the Tar Heels. Read my entire post. I said he hustles, gets layups, dunks, fast break points, and gets spoon fed.

Oh, I knew about Beasley way before this season, but that is probably because I like high school basketball more than college or the NBA. Beasley played at Oak Hill and I follow that school very close.

He gets teh ball down low and is instantly double and triple teamed, thats not exactly spoon fed. Most of is poitns are from h is ability to score with contact.
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby subway » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:42 pm

finally sumone agrees with me.
subway
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndfan » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:44 pm

dude Vitales pick for POY is TH :)
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby BballFan1307 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:45 pm

subway wrote:finally sumone agrees with me.

well god, to say hansbrough has no skill, is absurd. you cant have no skill...and put up 22 a game when being doubled and tripled team every game.
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

PreviousNext

Return to Open Topics - Sports and other things