NCAA Tourney Brackets

Talk about the world of sports here. And also a sub-forum to talk about anything else.

Re: NCAA Tourney Brackets

Postby baseball » Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:26 am

Ming01 wrote:
baseball wrote:Stephen Curry Tournament MOP haha...amazing and only a soph. how did he not go somewhere better??

yeah especially since his dad is Dell Curry and he played in the NBA. Plus, he has the best pronounced first name in the country like me :) . Except he spells his name different than mine.

that settles it....he wins haha
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby BballFan1307 » Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:31 pm

baseball wrote:
BballFan1307 wrote:
DeuceTrey wrote:Now that the brackets are out, what is everyones thoughts? I personally think that North Carolina got a trip to the Final Four handed to them on a silver platter by playing all the games up to the Final Four in the state of NC. I also think that they also have the easiest road to the Final Four. And why is Xavier a 3 seed but Butler is only a 7?

yeah, easiets road, considering the best 2 seed in the tournament is in their bracket, probably the best 3 seed in lousiville. the second round matchup will be harder than any other number 1's when the play indiana. and notre dame is oen of the better 5 seeds. They got a tough region and i dont expect them to make the final four.

I got Indiana with the upset...the thing you have to remember is that sure they will stay in NC for the whole regional, but where did their only 2 losses come? the Dean Dome in Chapel Hill, NC...

almost...
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baseball » Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:57 pm

BballFan1307 wrote:
baseball wrote:
BballFan1307 wrote:
DeuceTrey wrote:Now that the brackets are out, what is everyones thoughts? I personally think that North Carolina got a trip to the Final Four handed to them on a silver platter by playing all the games up to the Final Four in the state of NC. I also think that they also have the easiest road to the Final Four. And why is Xavier a 3 seed but Butler is only a 7?

yeah, easiets road, considering the best 2 seed in the tournament is in their bracket, probably the best 3 seed in lousiville. the second round matchup will be harder than any other number 1's when the play indiana. and notre dame is oen of the better 5 seeds. They got a tough region and i dont expect them to make the final four.

I got Indiana with the upset...the thing you have to remember is that sure they will stay in NC for the whole regional, but where did their only 2 losses come? the Dean Dome in Chapel Hill, NC...

almost...

not done yet......my final four team from that region is still in it...
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby BballFan1307 » Sat Mar 29, 2008 5:48 pm

baseball wrote:
BballFan1307 wrote:
baseball wrote:
BballFan1307 wrote:

almost...

not done yet......my final four team from that region is still in it...

ha, i'm guessin you have louisville
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baseball » Sat Mar 29, 2008 5:50 pm

yup haha....gonna be a fun one to watch tonight
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby BballFan1307 » Sat Mar 29, 2008 5:52 pm

baseball wrote:yup haha....gonna be a fun one to watch tonight

i agree, game of the tournamnet. i think the winner of this game will win the championship, these two teams are playing amazing right now.
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baseball » Sat Mar 29, 2008 6:00 pm

BballFan1307 wrote:

i agree, game of the tournamnet. i think the winner of this game will win the championship, these two teams are playing amazing right now.

very possible....i got the champion comin from the left side of the bracket. i just think 3 of the 4 teams left could win it while maybe just UCLA can from the other
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby BballFan1307 » Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:39 pm

baseball wrote:
BballFan1307 wrote:

very possible....i got the champion comin from the left side of the bracket. i just think 3 of the 4 teams left could win it while maybe just UCLA can from the other

Tarheels started out great and are letting the lead slip away. IF they lose its gota be Roy's fault, he's had Lawson out for WAY TOO LONG in the second half and thats the reason they are startin to come back.
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baseball » Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:42 pm

Louisville has been getting to every loose ball in the 2nd that UNC got in the 1st. Smith for 3 to win it at the buzzer 82-81
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby BballFan1307 » Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:10 pm

baseball wrote:Louisville has been getting to every loose ball in the 2nd that UNC got in the 1st. Smith for 3 to win it at the buzzer 82-81

haha once again.. almost..
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baseball » Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:18 pm

BballFan1307 wrote:
baseball wrote:Louisville has been getting to every loose ball in the 2nd that UNC got in the 1st. Smith for 3 to win it at the buzzer 82-81

haha once again.. almost..

ill get one team in the final four yet haha
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby BballFan1307 » Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:18 pm

this is sickening...north carolina doesnt deserve to win even if they come back. they are being outplayed in every aspect of the game.
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby BballFan1307 » Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:24 pm

BballFan1307 wrote:this is sickening...north carolina doesnt deserve to win even if they come back. they are being outplayed in every aspect of the game.

i'm going to quote myself just because this is getting to the point where its just rediculous. North Carolina is playing awful. Wow. it almost seems like they've never dribbled a basketball before, turnover after turnover. Terrible, its over.
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baseball » Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:35 pm

im not gonna say its over yet but wow....

Carolina is barely touching rim on there jumpers and kansas cant miss. i will say it wont stay like this all game though, Carolina will put a run together i just dont see them getting out of a hole this big...?
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby BballFan1307 » Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:40 pm

baseball wrote:im not gonna say its over yet but wow....

Carolina is barely touching rim on there jumpers and kansas cant miss. i will say it wont stay like this all game though, Carolina will put a run together i just dont see them getting out of a hole this big...?

it is over .... they've had 14 straight possessions with no scores... haha 40-12 who wouldve guessed. WAY too many costly turnovers. its over, better luck next year. this probably wouldnt count for 28 points, but it seems like Roy is subbing way too much.
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baseball » Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:48 pm

BballFan1307 wrote:

it is over .... they've had 14 straight possessions with no scores... haha 40-12 who wouldve guessed. WAY too many costly turnovers. its over, better luck next year. this probably wouldnt count for 28 points, but it seems like Roy is subbing way too much.

here comes that run i was talkin aobut...10-0....40-12 to 40-22 is aobut 3 mintues
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby BballFan1307 » Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:49 pm

baseball wrote:
BballFan1307 wrote:

here comes that run i was talkin aobut...10-0....40-12 to 40-22 is aobut 3 mintues

they are missing 3 foot jumpers....throwing the ball to kansas on in bounds....hard to watch haha
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baseball » Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:12 pm

i dunno...cut the lead by 11 the last 7 minutes of the first half. thats was a big shot by Collins at the buzzer to kill some of the momentum UNC built up. not to mention it couldve been the 6th charge of the half for them
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby BballFan1307 » Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:21 pm

baseball wrote:i dunno...cut the lead by 11 the last 7 minutes of the first half. thats was a big shot by Collins at the buzzer to kill some of the momentum UNC built up. not to mention it couldve been the 6th charge of the half for them

its down to 14, with the ball...a 3 or any kinda score here will be huge!
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baseball » Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:21 pm

down to 14....ill almost gaurantee Williams is just telling them to go media timeout by media timeout. by the under 12 get it to 10, under 8 get it to 6...
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby BballFan1307 » Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:31 pm

baseball wrote:down to 14....ill almost gaurantee Williams is just telling them to go media timeout by media timeout. by the under 12 get it to 10, under 8 get it to 6...

its now at 8 ... cut out the mistakes their makin still and it'd be about a 5 point game
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baseball » Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:37 pm

BballFan1307 wrote:
baseball wrote:down to 14....ill almost gaurantee Williams is just telling them to go media timeout by media timeout. by the under 12 get it to 10, under 8 get it to 6...

its now at 8 ... cut out the mistakes their makin still and it'd be about a 5 point game

baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby BballFan1307 » Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:43 pm

baseball wrote:
BballFan1307 wrote:

they have at 5 right now and roy puts in a lineup with ONE guy that can score...:S hes got thomas, stephenson , graves, green and thompson....one guy that can shoot and one solid post...he's gotta learn how to alternate the subbin a little.
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baseball » Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:52 pm

BballFan1307 wrote:
baseball wrote:
BballFan1307 wrote:

they have at 5 right now and roy puts in a lineup with ONE guy that can score...:S hes got thomas, stephenson , graves, green and thompson....one guy that can shoot and one solid post...he's gotta learn how to alternate the subbin a little.

but that was with 8:40 left and he was resting them for the under 8 timeout....that was actually a good sub i thought then you have Hansbrough and Lawson ready for the last push
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby BballFan1307 » Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:55 pm

baseball wrote:
BballFan1307 wrote:
baseball wrote:
BballFan1307 wrote:

but that was with 8:40 left and he was resting them for the under 8 timeout....that was actually a good sub i thought then you have Hansbrough and Lawson ready for the last push

i'd rather leave good players in than have 2 wasted possesions. its at 12 now with 3:40....miracle needs to happen
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

PreviousNext

Return to Open Topics - Sports and other things