FIGHTING SIOUX

Talk about the world of sports here. And also a sub-forum to talk about anything else.

FIGHTING SIOUX

Postby klg_11 » Sun Mar 16, 2008 2:12 pm

Well the Sioux lost last night! is that a good thing? to get a loss out of the way? Will they win tonight? Is this their year to take it all?????

I think its a good thing and yes they will go on to win tonight with a high probability they will take home the trophy!
klg_11

Re: FISHTING SIOUX

Postby grlsbballfan » Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:41 pm

I beleive the sioux chances ar every good if they can stay healthy, and oshie is on fire like he was tonight. GO SIOUX!!!
grlsbballfan
NDPreps Starter

Re: FISHTING SIOUX

Postby klg_11 » Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:33 pm

Sioux won tonight!!! now they advance to semifinal in St. Paul. to play Denver. (Last time they met Denver Feb 15. and 16. Sioux won 5-4, and 4-1.)
klg_11

Re: FIGHTING SIOUX

Postby ndfan » Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:58 am

Sioux better play better then they did this weekend or they are gonna get beat.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby klg_11 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:08 pm

ndfan wrote:Sioux better play better then they did this weekend or they are gonna get beat.

yes but one thing ive noticed about them this year, they seem like they only play hard enough to win, teams like michigan tech should not be as big of challenge as they make it seem, it seems they never blow away a team but at the end they always find a way to win. lazy... maybe.. successful yes.

Proof of my theory lies in overtime wins. saturday i belive was their first overtime loss of the season. or at least close to it. they usuallt win in overtime and sometimes they end with a tie!! :!:
klg_11

Postby Sioux4ever » Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:45 pm

klg_11 wrote:
ndfan wrote:Sioux better play better then they did this weekend or they are gonna get beat.

yes but one thing ive noticed about them this year, they seem like they only play hard enough to win, teams like michigan tech should not be as big of challenge as they make it seem, it seems they never blow away a team but at the end they always find a way to win. lazy... maybe.. successful yes.

Proof of my theory lies in overtime wins. saturday i belive was their first overtime loss of the season. or at least close to it. they usuallt win in overtime and sometimes they end with a tie!! :!:

Tech has given a lot of teams troubles this year. When Tech struggled, their goalie Teslak was injured. Teslak is one of the premiere goalies in the league, on a team that plays for a 2-1 score every night. That is their style. That was evident in the fact he has already signed a free agent contract with an NHL team.
Sioux4ever
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby klg_11 » Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:36 pm

added note for anyone interested: Lamoureux and Oshie were both named in the top ten finalists for the Hobey Baker
klg_11

Postby ndfan » Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:01 pm

Got out everything by Denver today, well after tomorrows game against either Minnesota or CC there are no second chances so they better get it together or its not gonna be a fun tournament. Where is all this offensive talent we are suppose to have??? Ryan Duncan needs to start playing like a Hobey Baker winner to.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby sportsguruguy » Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:58 pm

ndfan wrote:Got out everything by Denver today, well after tomorrows game against either Minnesota or CC there are no second chances so they better get it together or its not gonna be a fun tournament. Where is all this offensive talent we are suppose to have??? Ryan Duncan needs to start playing like a Hobey Baker winner to.

I agree from the drop of the puck in the first period the sioux didn't look like a team that came to play.No energy offensively and defensively.
sportsguruguy
NDPreps Starter

Postby grlsbballfan » Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:27 pm

I am a fan of the fighting sioux hockey team. Can someone explain why we dont have a TV staation that will televise a NCAA DIVISION 1 program at your basic cable channel. Its a joke!! If a person wants to wa
tch the games you have to go to a bar, thats wrong.Lets start supporting our local collegiate sports .

Great game against wisconsin way to fight back down 2 goals and win it in OT(had to listen to game on the radio).
grlsbballfan
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball18 » Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:41 pm

grlsbballfan wrote:I am a fan of the fighting sioux hockey team. Can someone explain why we dont have a TV staation that will televise a NCAA DIVISION 1 program at your basic cable channel. Its a joke!! If a person wants to wa
tch the games you have to go to a bar, thats wrong.Lets start supporting our local collegiate sports .

Great game against wisconsin way to fight back down 2 goals and win it in OT(had to listen to game on the radio).

it's called black out, they do this locally for many games in almost every major sport so people locally go to the games to watch it. and the wisconsin game wasnt on because FSN carries the playoffs for college hockey
baseball18
NDPreps All-State

Postby klg_11 » Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:12 am

UPDATE: if you would like to watch the Frozen Four it will be on ESPN 2. Enjoy.

predictions:
Sioux 2
BC 1

Michigan 3
Notre Dame 1

Sioux -4
Michigan-3 OT
klg_11

Postby sportsguruguy » Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:29 pm

I hope your predictians are right. GO SIOUX!!!
sportsguruguy
NDPreps Starter

Postby bballfan7 » Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:32 pm

playing real good now, whats the problem?
bballfan7
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby AC-DC » Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:38 pm

Must have been a good party. Boston showed up to play, the Sioux didn't. I wonder if Oshie wished he went pro?
It may not be the end of the world, but you can see it from here!
AC-DC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby klg_11 » Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:49 am

WOW!!! never thought i would have to add a brown paper bag to my sioux wear. jersey is hung up and not to be worn for a LONG time
klg_11

Postby andy_7 » Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:48 pm

Wow i deffinately didn't see this bad of a loss coming. I'm still wondering why I even watched the whole game.
andy_7

Postby cubsfan » Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:51 pm

andy_7 wrote:Wow i deffinately didn't see this bad of a loss coming. I'm still wondering why I even watched the whole game.

I was wondering the same thing.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby sportsguruguy » Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:00 pm

My personal opinion is that Hakstol should have pulled Lamorioux after the third goal. He played terrible, hobey baker finalist sure did not step up to the plate.
sportsguruguy
NDPreps Starter

Return to Open Topics - Sports and other things