NBA Playoffs

Talk about the world of sports here. And also a sub-forum to talk about anything else.

Postby bbjay » Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:16 am

The NBA playoffs are starting here in a couple of days.  Just wondering if anybody cares?  I know I don't.  To me, the NBA has lost all the luster it gained in the 80's and early 90's.  I can't even stand to watch a game anymore.......not even game 7 of the finals.
75% of the time..it works every time.
bbjay
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby rep » Thu Apr 20, 2006 11:41 am

what is this nba you speak of? nubian badmitton association?
rep

Postby ndplayer » Thu Apr 20, 2006 6:00 pm

I'll step up for the NBA.  I think this has been a really good season.  Take a look at the seeding, the races were so close that they werent decided until the last game of the year.  We've seen some of the most exciting and amazing individual performances this year.  We've seen one of the tightest MVP races in years.  Kobe is scoring at will, and we are seeing Lebron truly live up to the hype.  This guy is a threat to triple-double every night.  And the playoffs are where star players show why they are stars.  I can't wait to see Kobe Bryant drop 40 a game against the suns, and i cant wait to see Ben Wallace slap shot after shot back into the faces of every team he plays.  But possibly the most intriguing story line in the playoffs is Lebron's first playoff series.  If he truly is the next Michael Jordan, the playoffs are where he will have to show us.  So, here's one person who can't wait for the playoffs to get started.
ndplayer
NDPreps Starter

Postby Saas25 » Thu Apr 20, 2006 6:06 pm

The NBA is a joke.  It is just absurb to think that the #6 seed Clippers get home court advantage over the #3 Nuggets.  Seriously what kind of joke is that.  Plus the NBA only plays defense during the playoffs.  But I'll still watch and I've got Pistons and Mavericks.
Saas25
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndfan » Thu Apr 20, 2006 6:25 pm

Yeah not a big regular season guy but will watch some of the playoffs. I'm going with the Heat over the Spurs this year. :)
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby 1337 » Fri Apr 21, 2006 4:56 am

The NBA just isn't the same for me anymore. I am also one who doesn't watch regular season all that often but will catch more of the playoff series, especially the later rounds. This is going to be a Detroit, Dallas, or San Antonio show. I'll root for my team of old, the Bulls, but I also quite enjoy watching the Nets.
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby 4sportgenius » Fri Apr 21, 2006 2:56 pm

NBA is a show pretty much. It is not that fun to watch. I love college basketball though.

NBA defense is too individual. College basketball is good TEAM DEFENSE.

I only really watch the Championship.(most of the time one of those teams play a little better team defense, but not as good as college.)
4sportgenius

Postby NDSportsFan » Tue May 02, 2006 1:33 pm

Any thoughts on the playoffs so far, how about the Clippers?  Are the Pistons a lock again this year?
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Tue May 02, 2006 3:32 pm

Im rooting for the Lakers, always been a fan of Kobe. That game on Sunday was great. The bulls are playing the heat pretty tough, with all the drama the heat keeping putting themselves through I wouldnt be suprised to see the upset.
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby Ming01 » Wed May 03, 2006 6:13 pm

Spurs over Pistons in 7 games.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby RedWings7 » Wed May 03, 2006 7:19 pm

now im not a big fan of the nba (BORING), but i watch it often.....tonights cle-wash game had to be one of the greatest playoff games (certainly one of hte best 1st rounders) in a long long time...what a sensational performance by lebron james...and how about unsung heroes larry hughes, flip murray and eric snow
RedWings7

Postby ndplayer » Thu May 04, 2006 6:16 pm

After watching the Mavs demolish the grizlies, i don't see the spurs getting past them.  They are playing possessed right now.  I've got the Mavs over the Pistons in 6 games.
ndplayer
NDPreps Starter

Postby Ming01 » Thu May 04, 2006 6:22 pm

mavs will lose in 6 to the spurs.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby jrh22 » Wed May 24, 2006 2:11 pm

This year has had some of the most exciting playoff games and it will be interesting to see who wins.
jrh22
NDPreps Starter

Postby Tigger » Mon May 29, 2006 8:26 pm

I have to admit that I've watched more NHL playoffs this year than NBA just because I can't stand the way that the last 2 to 3 minutes of an NBA game drags on FOREVER.  Even when a team is out of it, they can't manage to run out the clock without 500 timeouts and a couple thousand other whistles.  I just can't get into the NBA because there's no flow to the game when it should be at its climax.
Tigger
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby DL-in-DL » Tue May 30, 2006 2:14 pm

this years playoffs have been great for the nba. LeBron did better than anyone expected, DWade is rollin and throwin down on everyone, and the best offenses in the east are playing each other in the finals. there has also been a record number of overtime games, and there have been a number of close games. look at the       Cavs-Wizards, Cavs-Pistons, Laker-Suns, and Mavs-Spurs. all great. 
DL-in-DL
NDPreps Starter

Return to Open Topics - Sports and other things