OJ Mayo sophomore season??

Talk about the world of sports here. And also a sub-forum to talk about anything else.

OJ Mayo sophomore season??

Postby baseball » Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:54 am

heard on ESPN today that Mayo said he was comin back for next season. anyone believe he will come back??
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Re: OJ Mayo sophomore season??

Postby project-pat » Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:55 am

No....
project-pat

Postby baseball » Sun Mar 09, 2008 2:06 am

im mixed about it.

1. Durant said the same thing last year.
2, He comes back for more pub becuase he was over shadowed by Beasley and wasnt even the most talked about player in his city.

he went there to resurect USC....he didnt really do that this year although he did put up amazing numbers that i think might even be good enough for All-American. but if he comes back, so will Gibson and probably Jefferson. so another year of Mayo, Gibson, Hackett, and Jefferson could equal a scary team that can contended for conference and national titles.....
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball » Sun Mar 09, 2008 2:26 am

and all depends on how the bubble bursts for them? in the tourney he goes, miss the tourney one more year....
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby bisonslayer » Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:37 am

Miami will have a good lottery pick. Hes probably down there shopping for houses already. IMO no way he comes back, maybe ncaa title but doubtful next year or millions of dollars... hmmm.. :lol:
North Dakota Preps JV Enforcer
bisonslayer
NDPreps Starter

Postby flyguy » Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:19 pm

bisonslayer wrote:Miami will have a good lottery pick. Hes probably down there shopping for houses already. IMO no way he comes back, maybe ncaa title but doubtful next year or millions of dollars... hmmm.. :lol:

correct miami has a good lottery pick but he isnt gonna go there sorry.....michael beasley is a lock to go number 1 and rose is better that mayo so that elimaintates a chance of the twolves suprassing the heat for the worst in the nba.....BUT you never know what the lottery will do
flyguy

Postby rep » Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:09 pm

how the heat managed to lose more games than the wolves i don't know if i'll ever fully understand. talk about dedication to being just plain bad.
rep

Postby baseball » Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:32 pm

Id have a hard time saying Rose is better then Mayo. better PG yes, better team...yes. better player, i dont think so. Mayo is bigger, stronger, and a better shooter. Mayo's biggest question mark coming into the year was that he was a ball hog and would not be able to distribute the ball. he has done that this year so it will be hard to find a flaw in his game...probably defensive but he can do that too
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:29 am

He just wanted to get his name in the media because all anyone talks about is Beasley, UNC/DUKE, UCLA, Drew Gooden's beard, etc..

Like Tony Reali says...
After this season, OJ Mayo, HE GONE!
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baseball18 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:32 pm

Mayo's one and done
baseball18
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndfan » Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:57 pm

The Next Joseph Forte :)
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby cubsfan » Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:10 pm

I think if he stayed he would have a higher draft pick for next year.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:35 pm

I think he should stay in college too but there is no chance.
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby flyguy » Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:16 pm

baseball wrote:Id have a hard time saying Rose is better then Mayo. better PG yes, better team...yes. better player, i dont think so. Mayo is bigger, stronger, and a better shooter. Mayo's biggest question mark coming into the year was that he was a ball hog and would not be able to distribute the ball. he has done that this year so it will be hard to find a flaw in his game...probably defensive but he can do that too

You could say a major flaw in his game is turnovers....he does have quite a few of those....bouth 20 more than mayo....bottom line though both will be great pros.
flyguy

Postby Flip » Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:14 pm

I doubt he comes back. He will most likely be a top 5 pick, probably could go as high as number 3 behind Rose and Beasely. Is it worth it to come back to maybe go #1, when you will most likely go top 5 this year?

From what I've read Beasely and Rose have distanced themselves from the rest of the draft class at the best two prospects.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball » Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:24 pm

after watching the McDonalds game the other night i would have a hard time believing any of them will be one and done and possibly the #1 pick. maybe Jennings could be one and done. then again its going to be interesting to see how guys like BJ Mullens and Greg Monroe do in college, because the McDonalds game is as far from a big man's game as you can get.... but i think if Mayo does indeed comeback hes gotta be the front runner. I could see him coming back for one mroe run with Hackett, Gibson, and Jefferson before they all bolt out next year.
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby bballfan7 » Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:43 pm

baseball wrote:after watching the McDonalds game the other night i would have a hard time believing any of them will be one and done and possibly the #1 pick. maybe Jennings could be one and done. then again its going to be interesting to see how guys like BJ Mullens and Greg Monroe do in college, because the McDonalds game is as far from a big man's game as you can get.... but i think if Mayo does indeed comeback hes gotta be the front runner. I could see him coming back for one mroe run with Hackett, Gibson, and Jefferson before they all bolt out next year.

Plus i think they signed another big recruit.
bballfan7
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball » Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:49 pm

Demar DeRozan sp? the announcers for the McD game said hes the one who will probably take Mayo's spot in the starting lineup if he does go pro. 6'6" 200 swing man.
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby bballfan7 » Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:35 pm

baseball wrote:Demar DeRozan sp? the announcers for the McD game said hes the one who will probably take Mayo's spot in the starting lineup if he does go pro. 6'6" 200 swing man.

Yeah thats the guy who i was talkin about.
bballfan7
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Flip » Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:24 pm

baseball wrote:...i think if Mayo does indeed comeback hes gotta be the front runner...

I agree. I think you have to look at more than just the incoming freshman. Right now ESPN has Brooke Lopez as a better prospect than Mayo. So assuming both return it is possible Lopez goes #1.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Return to Open Topics - Sports and other things