NFC North predictions

Talk about the world of sports here. And also a sub-forum to talk about anything else.

Postby scruffy » Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:42 am

We picked up a Defensive tackle, a safety, and we signed several of our younger players from within.  HEALTH will be our key.  The Pack doesn't have the depth to sustain the kind of injuries we had last year.  We certainly have needs like a guard, center, and another wide receiver, but with our weak division we could easily compete if we get a break or two...
No whiners allowed! The journey is the reward!
scruffy
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndfan » Wed Apr 26, 2006 6:43 pm

Favre is coming back, just signed Charles Woodson, and have the #5 pick in the draft. They will be better this year if they stay healthy.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby ND_SportsNut » Wed Apr 26, 2006 7:22 pm

As much as I don't like to see an offensive lineman taken with a top 5 pick, it might be in their best interest to take D'Brickashaw Ferguson if he's still left or Winston Justice just to help out that O-Line. I would like them to take A.J which I think they will or mario williams if he falls. I'm not too excited about the whole Woodson signing because the Pack had the best pass defense last year, woulda been a lot nicer to pickup Lavar.  Last year they lost 5 games by a FG or less, I tink they'll be healthy enough to win more of those close games. All in all the Pack will contend for the NFC Norse title and have at least 7 wins.
ND_SportsNut

Postby ndplayer » Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:31 pm

For all of those stating the fact that the Packer's had #1 pass defense, i wouldnt take that too seriously.  They had about the 25th or so rated run defense.  All it is saying is that they're pass D is better than their attrocious run D.  The chiefs had a top 5 run D last year, but let's get serious, they werent actually that good.  Same for the Pack.  Also, when you're losing by 20, why pass the ball.  Also, 6 games against Kyle Orton, Joey Harrington, and Brad Johnson.  They're pass D, was OK, but not a #1 caliber pass D.
ndplayer
NDPreps Starter

Postby NDSportsFan » Sat Apr 29, 2006 11:26 am

I agree with ndplayer on this one.

On a side note the Vikings #1 draft pick played 8 man football in South Dakota.
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndfan » Sun Apr 30, 2006 4:49 pm

So who had the best draft in the North division this year and has it effected the way anybody has already made predictions on records this year? Detroit and Chicago got 7 picks. Minnesota got only 6 picks, I thought they had more picks then that? And green Bay had a whooping 12 draft picks.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Previous

Return to Open Topics - Sports and other things