Wolves

Talk about the world of sports here. And also a sub-forum to talk about anything else.

Postby rep » Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:51 pm

tonight the timberwolves sat kg for the second and fourth quarters. he ended up with 14 points and 13 rebounds in 24 minutes.

as someone who would buy a ticket to see the wolves, i would say that move (trying to play less-established players and essentially tanking games) would guarentee that i wouldn't buy a ticket for the rest of this season.

that said, the wolves are obviously trying to get a few more ping pong balls in their favor in the lottery (and with any luck not lose their conditional pick so they actually can get better next year)while getting some of the younger kids some minutes and 'resting' the vets.

i would think kg is probably pretty upset about the whole thing. he has been an absolute warrior this entire season and now he is being reigned in...doesn't seem to fit with his personality. but he was quoted in tonight's story about his knees thanking the coach. so maybe he isn't as upset as i think he would be.

personally, i think that with six games left in a season that has been wasted, if you are only going to play your superstar for half the game, why even dress him?

thoughts?
rep

Postby 1337 » Fri Apr 07, 2006 8:00 pm

That is a tough one. However, isn't there something like only 7 games left? Not too big a deal at this point.

Sounds like KG is on board with it too:

http://www.startribune.com/511/story/356744.html
NDPreps All-Conference

Return to Open Topics - Sports and other things