Final Four Predictions

Talk about the world of sports here. And also a sub-forum to talk about anything else.

Final Four Predictions

Postby Ming01 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:03 am

What are everyone's Final Four predictions for now? What are some teams to watch out for?
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Re: Final Four Predictions

Postby bgt3225 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:08 am

you have to throw unc in right away but you also have kansas, memphis, possibly duke if they aren't out in the first round, maybe tennesse
bgt3225
NDPreps Reserve

Postby BballFan1307 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:17 am

UNC, Tennessee, Texas, Indiana
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baseball » Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:18 am

going by that predicted bracket right now i would say

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/bracketology

Kansas - all 3 losses are on the road to rivals so on a nuetral court its hard to bet against them. Arthur plays without foul trouble they are one of the scariest teams in the country and havent lost on a neutral court in over 2 years (i dont consider UCLA in San Jose a neutral court). plus a Houston Regional final is in their favor with the rest of the teams in the region.
Duke - bring too many matchup problems to the table i think with out a big who likes on the block it is hard for teams to defend that. and they wont get beat with the Regional in Charlotte.
Louisville - Padgett and Palacios and Sosa will carry a team who is red out closing out the season. the location of this region is pretty neutral with Detroit, i tihnk it will come down to UNC and Louisville and Hansbrough wont stop Padgett.
Texas - in my mind they are playing the best in the country right now. The only way they lose this region is if UCLA makes it with the game in Phoenix. much like last year being in San Jose
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby BballFan1307 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:31 am

baseball wrote:going by that predicted bracket right now i would say

Kansas - all 3 losses are on the road to rivals so on a nuetral court its hard to bet against them
Duke - bring too many matchup problems to the table i think with out a big who likes on the block it is hard for teams to defend that
Louisville - Padgett and Palacios and Sosa will carry a team who is red out closing out the season
Texas - in my mind they are playing the best in the country right now

if thats how things turnout, with the bracket and all, i gotta go with unc over lousville, cuz they'll be playin in the state of north carolina and thats going to be huge with thier fan base there it will be pretty much a home game. but thats sayin unc wins out and winns the acc tourney. which could very easily not happen. if they do that looks like a very easy region for them to take right to the final four
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baseball » Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:36 am

BballFan1307 wrote:

Kansas - all 3 losses are on the road to rivals so on a nuetral court its hard to bet against them
Duke - bring too many matchup problems to the table i think with out a big who likes on the block it is hard for teams to defend that
Louisville - Padgett and Palacios and Sosa will carry a team who is red out closing out the season

if thats how things turnout, with the bracket and all, i gotta go with unc over lousville, cuz they'll be playin in the state of north carolina and thats going to be huge with thier fan base there it will be pretty much a home game. but thats sayin unc wins out and winns the acc tourney. which could very easily not happen. if they do that looks like a very easy region for them to take right to the final four

that region is played in Detroit....
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby BballFan1307 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:41 am

baseball wrote:
BballFan1307 wrote:

that region is played in Detroit....

hmm just looked at it my mistake, i couldve sworn when i was watchin a unc game a little while back, they said it would be crucial for who got the one seed in the acc if they won out that they'd playin in north carolina the whole way, but judging by that, duke will palyin in NC the whole way with the 2 seed
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baseball » Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:43 am

i remember watching that game too....the Charlotte regional will come down to who goes further in the ACC tourney, Duke or Carolina.
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby BballFan1307 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:46 am

baseball wrote:i remember watching that game too....the Charlotte regional will come down to who goes further in the ACC tourney, Duke or Carolina.

i feel like unc is going to be in pretty good shape come tourney time. i think when lawson comes back he's going to come back to a much better team. since he went out, green, ginyard and thomas have each stepped up big time in his absence and i think that will help them in the long run.
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Ming01 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:04 pm

Kansas - all 3 losses are on the road to rivals so on a nuetral court its hard to bet against them. Arthur plays without foul trouble they are one of the scariest teams in the country and havent lost on a neutral court in over 2 years (i dont consider UCLA in San Jose a neutral court). plus a Houston Regional final is in their favor with the rest of the teams in the region.
Duke - bring too many matchup problems to the table i think with out a big who likes on the block it is hard for teams to defend that. and they wont get beat with the Regional in Charlotte.
Louisville - Padgett and Palacios and Sosa will carry a team who is red out closing out the season. the location of this region is pretty neutral with Detroit, i tihnk it will come down to UNC and Louisville and Hansbrough wont stop Padgett.
Texas - in my mind they are playing the best in the country right now. The only way they lose this region is if UCLA makes it with the game in Phoenix. much like last year being in San Jose

I love your Louisville pick. A lot of ppl have forgotten about them and will be writing them off because of their stuggles earlier in the season. But now that they're healthy they can def. make it to the Final Four, plus they have the experience too. Palacios has already played in a Final Four and they made it to the 2nd round and lost by 2 I think it was to A & M.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndfan » Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:02 pm

I'm excited for this years Tournament I think there plenty of teams that could get hot and get on a winning streak. I really don't see any favorites right now... But I'm gonna go with...

UCLA
Tennessee
Texas
North Carolina
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby balla45 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:07 pm

Speaking of Louisville, when is Derrick Caracter going to start dominating like he did in high school? I've been waiting for two years now, and I'm starting to get impatient.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball » Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:16 pm

What Caracter needs to do is stay out of foul trouble. he has scored double figures in all but 2 games in which hes played 20+ minutes. hes fouled out of 6 games and had 4 fouls in 7 games and 3 in 9 games. he needs to start dominating the boards like he did the first month of the season....
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby balla45 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:23 pm

Louisville's been my team for a couple years now, but I'm not happy with Caracter. Anyone know if Tyreke Evans is still looking at Louisville?
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball » Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:02 pm

Louisville is on the top of his list right now, other teams are Nova, UConn, Memphis, Seton Hall, and Texas
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby balla45 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:50 pm

Here is hoping he ends up at Louisville or Memphis.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball » Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:59 pm

lets hope Louisville..... :D
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby andy_7 » Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:31 pm

Duke for obvious reasons, Xavier, memphis, and ucla
andy_7

Postby GFRR99 » Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:49 am

ucla, uconn, duke, texas

baseball:

Ming:
I love your Louisville pick. A lot of ppl have forgotten about them and will be writing them off because of their stuggles earlier in the season. But now that they're healthy they can def. make it to the Final Four, plus they have the experience too. Palacios has already played in a Final Four and they made it to the 2nd round and lost by 2 I think it was to A & M.[/quote]

maybe lousiville. but why aren't people mentioning terrence williams as one of their top players. i think hes the most talented on the team. he does it all..Points 11.3 Rebounds 7.7 Assists 4.6 plus is crazy athletic
GFRR99
NDPreps All-State

Postby sportsguy2 » Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:37 am

GFRR99 wrote:ucla, uconn, duke, texas

baseball:

Ming:
I love your Louisville pick. A lot of ppl have forgotten about them and will be writing them off because of their stuggles earlier in the season. But now that they're healthy they can def. make it to the Final Four, plus they have the experience too. Palacios has already played in a Final Four and they made it to the 2nd round and lost by 2 I think it was to A & M.

maybe lousiville. but why aren't people mentioning terrence williams as one of their top players. i think hes the most talented on the team. he does it all..Points 11.3 Rebounds 7.7 Assists 4.6 plus is crazy athletic[/quote]

yeah and Earl Clark who is 6-9 and can handle the ball or go to the block..williams and clark are some of the most athletic players in the country..i also see louisville making the final 4...i know we have to wait for the Big East tourney yet but what seed do you guys see them as being 3 maybe?
sportsguy2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Ming01 » Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:12 pm

GFRR99 wrote:ucla, uconn, duke, texas

baseball:

Ming:

maybe lousiville. but why aren't people mentioning terrence williams as one of their top players. i think hes the most talented on the team. he does it all..Points 11.3 Rebounds 7.7 Assists 4.6 plus is crazy athletic[/quote]

not UCONN, they only have one player who has played in an NCAA Tournament. Next year is their year. I see them falling in the 2nd round or Sweet 16.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball18 » Sun Mar 02, 2008 3:55 pm

Texas
Louisville
Tennessee
Michigan St.
baseball18
NDPreps All-State

Postby baseball » Sun Mar 02, 2008 4:09 pm

baseball18 wrote:Texas
Louisville
Tennessee
Michigan St.

do you say MSU jsut because of there offensive explosion 3 minutes ago haha, but i agree...i could see them as a dark horse making a run to the elite 8 and maybe a final 4
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby BballFan1307 » Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:28 pm

Louisville - Padgett and Palacios and Sosa will carry a team who is red out closing out the season. the location of this region is pretty neutral with Detroit, i tihnk it will come down to UNC and Louisville and Hansbrough wont stop Padgett.Texas - in my mind they are playing the best in the country right now. The only way they lose this region is if UCLA makes it with the game in Phoenix. much like last year being in San Jose

haha Hansbrough just keeps provin ya wrong :P
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baseball » Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:34 pm

he also had 6 assists....he just didnt score 20 points like Hansbrough did because he didnt take 17 shots.

this is really going to be a shocker to you but i will say it....Hansbrough is a good player....yea i said it haha. just overhyped a bit to much in my mind.
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Next

Return to Open Topics - Sports and other things