track = spring football

Talk about the world of sports here. And also a sub-forum to talk about anything else.

Postby Saucesauer » Sat Apr 01, 2006 12:53 pm

now recently one of the century football players i know wanted to attend ndsu to play football and he wanted his coaches to write him one of those letters (my mind completly forgot what they are called) but his coaches said that they would not do it unless he did track and he hates track but he is doing it for the letter thing what are your viewpoints on this
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Football_Wrestling- X's 2 » Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:06 am

Track is a great conditioning tool, ( note I said tool not sport -not all are tracksters out for track)  for all sports, but then you've got the serious tracksters. They don't like to hear that some people use track solely for conditioning. As far as doing track for a letter "of recomendation" i think is a joke. If the kid doesn't deserve the letter then his coach should tell the kid he needs to work harder than he is @ football and we'll see. DONE DEAL, if the kid is lazy he's not getting one!

JUST MY OPINION:D
Football_Wrestling- X's 2

Postby Saucesauer » Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:06 pm

thank you recomendation thats what i wanted but heres the catch he was a 2 way starter and he wasnt on the line he was good especially for century standars
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby RedWings7 » Mon Apr 17, 2006 7:24 am

who was that? the only good century player was zach wentz and hes a soph
RedWings7

Postby under armour » Wed Apr 19, 2006 3:26 pm

Some schools almost require kids in fall sports to be in track. Trinity encourages all athletes to go out for track, they don't force you but the closes thing too. It is a good condition tool and keeps kids with a competitive drive.
under armour
NDPreps Starter

Return to Open Topics - Sports and other things