T'Wolves

Talk about the world of sports here. And also a sub-forum to talk about anything else.

T'Wolves

Postby Sioux4ever » Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:37 am

The Timberwolves have won 2 games in a row!! Any bets on how long the winning streak can go?
Sioux4ever
NDPreps All-Conference

Re: T'Wolves

Postby NDSportsFan » Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:31 am

I'm sure they are under strict orders to win a few games, but to make sure they finish with the worst record this year to have the best chance at landing the number 1 pick. At worst they are guaranteed the number 4 with the worst record. They could have been playing a lot of Randy Foye and had a better record, but chose to sit him and use this season as an extended practice for depth and development. It's too bad they have to take a flyer on the year, but I look for them to be much improved next year, but don't expect them to admit they are hoping for the worst record in the league this year, it's not good PR.
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby bballfan_05 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:19 pm

The question I have is how has Mchale not been fired yet. Granted the Joe Smith deal was years ago, they only made on decent run with KG for the finals, then let guys go and never fixed the problem of not having a decent center. Good basketball player, bad GM.
bballfan_05
NDPreps All-State

Postby Hinsa » Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:22 pm

Absolutely agree - McHale is no GM. Takes flyers on middle of the road players and thinks he can improve them. Well, it hasn't happened. Taylor must really like McHale's stories of past glory.
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby bballfan_05 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:36 pm

Hinsa wrote:Absolutely agree - McHale is no GM. Takes flyers on middle of the road players and thinks he can improve them. Well, it hasn't happened. Taylor must really like McHale's stories of past glory.

All I can say is GO CELTICS!!!!!!!!!!!
bballfan_05
NDPreps All-State

Postby Sioux4ever » Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:45 pm

I consider myself more of a casual basketball fan, as opposed to the hard-core ones. I'm more into watching hockey in the winter. I wonder the same things regarding McHale. In the real world, if someone screwed up as many times as Kevin McHale has, they would have been fired over and over. Probably right after the Joe Smith deal. How someone can take a team that is in the conference finals and turn them into a 7 win team in just a couple of years is not even explainable...
Sioux4ever
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Roughrider » Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:21 pm

wow, the T-wolves are on a tear, they have won three out of four games. they are climbing back fast, hahahahahaha, lol
GO SIOUX GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Roughrider
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby andy_7 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:46 pm

Ya they are on such a good winning streak ESPN has them 8 spots up in there power poll from last week. The only thing the T-Wolves should be thinking about now is losing and hope that Kevin Beasley can score points in the NBA like he can in college.
andy_7

Postby Roughrider » Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:49 pm

besides the recent play from BIG AL, which has been insane the last couple games, there has been a lot of guys stepping up and finally playing as a team. they work very hard no matter what the score is. the only thing is they dont play very good defense. they need to work on that.
GO SIOUX GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Roughrider
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby andy_7 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:52 pm

He deffinately will be an all-star in 2 years, the only thing that might hold this young Wolves team back is McHale. A few more pieces and the Wolves are back baby!
andy_7

Postby Roughrider » Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:55 pm

the only way that they will begin to climb back into the spotlight is if McHale leaves. he is by far the worst GM i have ever seen. i think your right about him being really the only one holding him back. it doesnt help that Glen Taylor, the owner, actually likes him and wont do anything about it.
Roughrider
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby andy_7 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:26 pm

Its unbelievable how much people want a change at GM but he is so ignorant not to do anything. I say just fire him and put Fred Hoiberg at GM.
andy_7

Postby Roughrider » Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:25 pm

andy_7 wrote:Its unbelievable how much people want a change at GM but he is so ignorant not to do anything. I say just fire him and put Fred Hoiberg at GM.

Fred "the Mayor" Hoiberg would be a great GM
Roughrider
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bballfan_05 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:30 pm

Roughrider wrote:
andy_7 wrote:Its unbelievable how much people want a change at GM but he is so ignorant not to do anything. I say just fire him and put Fred Hoiberg at GM.

Fred "the Mayor" Hoiberg would be a great GM

Anything would be better than Mchale.
bballfan_05
NDPreps All-State

Postby Ming01 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:33 am

I would love to see the Memphis Tigers play the T'Wolves
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby sportsking09 » Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:08 am

why would you want that, that would probably be the biggest wast time and money that the ncaa or nba could show, i mean ya memphis is undeafeted but the Twolves.......WHY?????
University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux, and thats the way its gonna stay
GO SIOUX!!!!
sportsking09
NDPreps Starter

Postby bballfan_05 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:45 pm

This was an article that I found on espn.com. I found it as a low blow to KG who could only do so much for a team the Mchale, and Taylor distroyed.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3300421
bballfan_05
NDPreps All-State

Postby GFRR99 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:23 pm

Ming01 wrote:I would love to see the Memphis Tigers play the T'Wolves

um why may i ask? if your trying to say that itd be a good game, that could be the dumbest thing ive heard in a long time. wolves would win by 40 plus
GFRR99
NDPreps All-State

Postby asiantangy99 » Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:24 pm

T'wolves are terrible, I wish it was back to the old days with KG, Sprewell, and Cassel. It would be amazing if they could keep a winning streak going.
asiantangy99
NDPreps Starter

Return to Open Topics - Sports and other things