NCAA FINAL FOUR

Talk about the world of sports here. And also a sub-forum to talk about anything else.

Postby ndsubball » Sun Mar 26, 2006 5:41 pm

Who do you guys think will win out of Flordia and George Mason? and who Will win out of LSU and UCLA? and then Who will win the BIG SHOW? I say george mason vs LSU in the championship with george mason winning it
ndsubball

Postby ndfan » Sun Mar 26, 2006 5:44 pm

I'm just gonna go with UCLA over George Mason. But it's up for grabs, who at the beginning of the year or even the tournament would have thought these would be the four teams in the final four. Thats why this is the best tournament in the world!!!
Last edited by ndfan on Sun Mar 26, 2006 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndsubball » Sun Mar 26, 2006 5:47 pm

I would have to agree with you I thought Duke or Nova and possibly UCONN would have been in it but thats what is good about that tourney and you can never over look your oppoents

ndsubball

Postby ndfan » Sun Mar 26, 2006 5:52 pm

I had Kansas and Uconn in it UConn winning it... Don't ask me why Kansas but after this tournament anybody you pick really isn't that stupid of a pick. I think it comes down to who wins the UCLA-LSU matchup.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndsubball » Sun Mar 26, 2006 5:57 pm

I had Duke Kansas UNC and Ohio St. with Duke Beating UNC in the championship in one of my brackets and Duke Kansas UCONN and Oklahoma  with Duke beating UCONN in my other bracket so i didnt do so well
ndsubball

Postby bbjay » Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:32 am

Florida over LSU

all SEC championship
75% of the time..it works every time.
bbjay
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Ming01 » Mon Mar 27, 2006 3:11 pm

What a tournament this has been.  I've never seen so many close games.  Florida over George Mason- Florida is just to athletic for GM, GM's magical run will come to an end.  But you have to give it them, no one expected them to be in the tournament, and they beat some of the best.

LSU over UCLA- Lsu has it all.  Post play, outside shooting, defense, and they can play anybody's style of play, and they play very aggressive and physical.  Their underclassmen are looking more like seniors who have been here before.

LSU over Florida- This game will be based around defense, I think Thomas and "Big Baby" will shut down Noah and the Gators.  That's why i like LSU in this one.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby ibleedcarolinablue » Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:38 pm

George Mason is gonna continue their cinderella story and win it all. They hear everyone doubting them and they use that as fuel on the court. GM OVER UCLA in the ship.
ibleedcarolinablue

Postby Ming01 » Mon Mar 27, 2006 6:14 pm

Let's get real now.  I'll give GM credit for beating some of the best, but I just can't believe what is happening with them.  They're magical run will end Saturday night, and you know what?  They won't even care because they've competed and will be happy with the history that they've made.
Last edited by Ming01 on Tue Mar 28, 2006 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby ND_SportsNut » Wed Mar 29, 2006 2:15 pm

Ming01 wrote:Let's get real now.  I'll give GM credit for beating some of the best, but I just can't believe what is happening with them.  They're magical run will end Saturday night, and you know what?  They won't even care because they've competed and will be happy with the history that they've made.

Weren't people saying lets get real with them beating mich st, weren't they saying good run but its gonna end with the north carolina game, they were saying great job and nice story but its gonna end before they played uconn, they've shown me what they can do so i think it is real. George Mason all the way! 
ND_SportsNut

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Wed Mar 29, 2006 2:50 pm

If Florida's guards come to play they should win, but who knows with their guards. 

Florida vs. UCLA.................Florida by double digits.

I had BC vs Duke for my championship....nice little rematch with BC winning it all. A lot of good those picks did me.
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby Ming01 » Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:11 pm

They can do it, but their magical run will end against Florida.

I believe Uconn is still one of the best teams in the country.  If George Mason played them 50 times, Uconn would win 48 of them.  But congrats to GM, Im rooting for them.  But I believe it's gonna end on Saturday.
Last edited by Ming01 on Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby UNC1 » Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:18 pm

GO GEORGE MASON:D
UNC1
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ND Scout » Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:33 pm

Ya for sure you got to go for the underdog GMU:duel:
ND Scout
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Saas25 » Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:41 pm

I really don't see why George Mason can't keep the run going. They have and inside game and they can shoot the three.  They also play stellar defense, ranked in the top 5 in defense during the year and as long as they shut down Noah and Brewer they'll move on.  I also like LSU over UCLA, LSU has got to be one of the most athetic teams out there and Thomas will probaly have like 6 alley-oops again.  And Glen "Big Baby" Davis will also pop another three haha.
Saas25
NDPreps Starter

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Sun Apr 02, 2006 2:41 pm

NATURAL TALENT wrote:If Florida's guards come to play they should win, but who knows with their guards. 

Florida vs. UCLA.................Florida by double digits.

I had BC vs Duke for my championship....nice little rematch with BC winning it all. A lot of good those picks did me.

woohoo....:)

I dont know if Florida will even win it the way UCLA played last nite.
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby ND_SportsNut » Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:34 pm

What a boring matchup for a national championship. Definetly not what the media wanted. Only interesting matchup will be Noah goin up against Hollins.
ND_SportsNut

Postby ndsioux » Sun Apr 02, 2006 7:11 pm

its gotta be a better game than the semis though, those games were terrible
ndsioux

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Sun Apr 02, 2006 7:35 pm

...this is true.
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby Photo-man-Bob » Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:33 am

I was pulling hard for GM...but right, both those games saturday were yawners.
Photo-man-Bob

Return to Open Topics - Sports and other things