Vikings

Talk about the world of sports here. And also a sub-forum to talk about anything else.

Vikings

Postby klg_11 » Fri Dec 21, 2007 6:17 pm

How far will they go?
klg_11

Re: Vikings

Postby klg_11 » Fri Dec 21, 2007 6:18 pm

Also what are you predictions for the next two games.
klg_11

Postby project-pat » Fri Dec 21, 2007 6:32 pm

gone in the Wild Card....Win Win next 2 games...
project-pat

Postby project-pat » Fri Dec 21, 2007 6:33 pm

if you couldn't tell....I HATE the vikings....
project-pat

Postby basketballer » Fri Dec 21, 2007 6:53 pm

They will go as far as jackson will take them, but i will say they win out the regular season and with that momentum will make it to the second round of playoffs. And i will have to pick from there if they will win, but i think if they end up playing the Pack again this year the Vikings will win the matchup.
basketballer

Postby klg_11 » Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:05 pm

project-pat wrote:if you couldn't tell....I HATE the vikings....

well i'll make sure to try to recruit you to the vikings on facebook!!!
klg_11

Postby The stokker » Sun Dec 23, 2007 11:23 pm

My guess after watching the game is they won't even make the playoffs. They seem to find a way to dissapoint every year or when ever they start doing good...
The stokker

Postby klg_11 » Mon Dec 24, 2007 1:10 am

The stokker wrote:My guess after watching the game is they won't even make the playoffs. They seem to find a way to dissapoint every year or when ever they start doing good...

LOOKING TO BUY: 1 good quarterback. Minimal Interceptions. Very Reliant. Contact Brad Childress

Looking to Buy: 1 good head coach. Must come with brains. Contact Winter Park.
klg_11

Postby BballFan1307 » Mon Dec 24, 2007 1:55 am

wow...Tarvaris Jackson is the worst starting quarterback in the entire NFL. Maybe the Vikes could try and consider getting Cleo Lemon instead. Jackson's mechanics are terrible, almost every throw comes off his back foot and makes way too many mental mistakes. Yes, he's only started 13 or so games, but still the things he has messed up are things ya learn in college ball. Throwing the ball out of bounds when you are out of the pocket with nothing open. Taking a sack when you have no where left to throw instead of just throwing the ball down field and just praying someone on your team will catch it. I'm going to go ahead and say i dont think the vikes will make the playoffs. They could, but i'm guessing not. and the reason will be the play of jackson. If the vikes want to be successful in the future, they have to look for a new starting quarterback.

Jackson's 07 statline- 1516 yards, 7 td's , 11 ints, qb rating 69.6
luckily he was out for four games or they'd be worse. Hopefully childress sees the light and realizes Jackson is not the future of the Vikings.
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby The stokker » Mon Dec 24, 2007 9:50 am

klg_11 wrote:
The stokker wrote:My guess after watching the game is they won't even make the playoffs. They seem to find a way to dissapoint every year or when ever they start doing good...

LOOKING TO BUY: 1 good quarterback. Minimal Interceptions. Very Reliant. Contact Brad Childress

haha classic... :D so...... who do we pickup for QB if the team notices the T-Jack can't be a NFL QB..... and who would you look at for a coach??
The stokker

Postby klg_11 » Mon Dec 24, 2007 12:06 pm

The stokker wrote:
klg_11 wrote:

haha classic... :D so...... who do we pickup for QB if the team notices the T-Jack can't be a NFL QB..... and who would you look at for a coach??

BILL PARCELLS HAHA.
qb not sure but right now throw in Bollinger. he'll get it done better than Jackson has
klg_11

Postby BballFan1307 » Mon Dec 24, 2007 1:42 pm

i'm going to have to disagree with the fact of bollinger...he's terrible, i think that he's sacked 3 out of ever 4 times he drops back to pass. I mean look at the last game where he played the whole game, a shut out loss to the packers. T-jack is still bad but at least he's able to score once in a while. This may sound like a bad idea, but i was thinking with the emergence of Derek Anderson, maybe they could swing a deal for Brady Quinn. Just a thought, as for a coach. Why not try hire Mike Martz, O-coordinator for the lions? just a thought? what you guys think?
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baller01 » Mon Dec 24, 2007 2:03 pm

Two words:

Donovan McNabb
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ndfan » Mon Dec 24, 2007 9:05 pm

baller01 wrote:Two words:

Donovan McNabb

I think if he ends up in another jersey it will be Chicago's, but thats is just my opinion.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby The stokker » Thu Dec 27, 2007 3:16 pm

Mcnabb gets hurt WAY to much!!!!! i like the brady quinn idea. he looked good in preseason after holding out. could be a bust tho you never know.. Coach how bout Josh Mcdaniels from the Patriots he is there O-Cordinator
The stokker

Postby scruffy » Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:14 am

I think a bigger concern for the vikings is keeping Chester Taylor happy. The "queens" need both backs..GO PACK GO! :D
No whiners allowed! The journey is the reward!
scruffy
NDPreps All-State

Postby NDSportsFan » Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:52 pm

It won't be McNabb, he would cost 2 first round picks. It won't be Derrick Alexander either, he's a restricted free agent too.
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby HeisAlive » Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:02 pm

I guess the only way the Vikings will look good all year, is if you look at them through rose colored glasses, but then again, your talking the Vikings...

BRING BACK THE PURPLE PEOPLE EATERS.... they would have a better chance!
Phil 4:13,19
HeisAlive
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Hinsa » Sun Dec 30, 2007 6:47 pm

Vikes have reverted to form. No offense whatsoever against Denver and even if they do manage to get close they self-destruct. They really, really, really, really need a quarterback. And they need to put Peterson's butt out there and leave him out there. So what if he can't pass protect - he's the most dynamic offensive player they have.

Childress had me sucked into thinking he knew what he was doing. Now I'm strarting to wonder again....
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby Baller » Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:12 pm

Hinsa wrote:Vikes have reverted to form. No offense whatsoever against Denver and even if they do manage to get close they self-destruct. They really, really, really, really need a quarterback. And they need to put Peterson's butt out there and leave him out there. So what if he can't pass protect - he's the most dynamic offensive player they have.

Childress had me sucked into thinking he knew what he was doing. Now I'm strarting to wonder again....

Jackson has been a stud the last 8 minutes
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baseball » Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:19 pm

then he fumbles in OT....
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby Hinsa » Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:24 pm

Jackson just doesn't get it about ball security. He has got to learn to eat the ball when he doesn't have a play. Turnovers kill in the NFL.
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby cubsfan » Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:49 pm

I don't know what the Vikings need more. A head coach or a quarterback. Neither of them has gotten the job done.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby basketballer » Mon Dec 31, 2007 12:15 am

I just think that Childress has to give someone else the play calling responsibility, and yes AP needs to be out there and stay out there.
basketballer

Postby The stokker » Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:21 pm

Here is the deal... Chilly is to stubborn to not run the ball and spread the other defenses out until it is 3rd quarter and they are down. T-Jack excelled yesterday when they did. Its not all T-Jacks fault imo. No he doesn't know how to hold on to the ball. The kid will get another chance next year and if he doesn't work out he will be done. Chilly just has to be not afraid to spread the other team out more often
The stokker

Next

Return to Open Topics - Sports and other things