Defensive Player of the Year: Marcus Camby

Talk about the world of sports here. And also a sub-forum to talk about anything else.

Postby experiencingtechnicaldiff » Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:27 am

I agree with this selection 100%.. What are other peoples thoughts?
"The only correct actions are those that demand no explanation and no apology." -Red Auerbach
experiencingtechnicaldiff
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndfan » Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:32 am

They play defense in the NBA???
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:43 am

I would agree with picking Camby as the defensive player of the year.  He averaged 3.30 blocks and 1.25 steals and 9.3 defensive rebounds a game.  He really anchored the defense for the Nuggets this year which should get them out of the first round of the playoffs if he can get it going on offense as he is only averaging 8 points a game in the playoffs.
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby bballfan_05 » Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:24 pm

ndfan wrote:They play defense in the NBA???
Haha, I thought the same thing.
bballfan_05
NDPreps All-State

Postby GFRR99 » Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:29 pm

bballfan_05 wrote:

you guys dont really watch the nba huh? the defense is actually really good, i use to believe that too when i didnt watch the nba, but when i started watching around 2 months ago they actually do play really hard on defense with the exception of a few players. i dont kno why everyone hates on the nba so much
GFRR99
NDPreps All-State

Postby bballfan_05 » Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:36 pm

sportsman20 wrote:
bballfan_05 wrote:

you guys dont really watch the nba huh? the defense is actually really good, i use to believe that too when i didnt watch the nba, but when i started watching around 2 months ago they actually do play really hard on defense with the exception of a few players. i dont kno why everyone hates on the nba so much
The guys don't play till the playoffs. College is alot more exciting to watch.
bballfan_05
NDPreps All-State

Postby feeshattack » Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:41 pm

i agree that college is better to watch, but i have to give the NBA some credit, they do play defense, especially during the playoffss.... the only time that you can tell their is no defense being played is during the allstar game
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond all measure."
feeshattack
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bballfan_05 » Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:43 pm

feeshattack wrote:i agree that college is better to watch, but i have to give the NBA some credit, they do play defense, especially during the playoffss.... the only time that you can tell their is no defense being played is during the allstar game

Nothing beats march madness though.
bballfan_05
NDPreps All-State

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Tue May 01, 2007 1:23 pm

feeshattack wrote:i agree that college is better to watch, but i have to give the NBA some credit, they do play defense, especially during the playoffss.... the only time that you can tell their is no defense being played is during the allstar game

Another time you can tell no defense is being played is when the Memphis Grizzlies have a game.
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Tue May 01, 2007 4:30 pm

Oh yeah... and another thing....

MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby feeshattack » Tue May 01, 2007 6:16 pm

north_border_eagles2106 wrote:Oh yeah... and another thing....

MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

meah?
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond all measure."
feeshattack
NDPreps All-Conference

Return to Open Topics - Sports and other things