Vikings QB Poll

Talk about the world of sports here. And also a sub-forum to talk about anything else.

Who should start the season at QB for the Minnesota Vikings?

Dante Culpepper
13%
Brad Johnson
35%
Drew Brees
13%
Joey Harrington
4%
Fran Tarkenton
9%
That guy from the movie Waterboy
9%
some other guy
17%

Total votes : 23

Postby NDSportsFan » Sat Mar 04, 2006 11:50 pm

Who should start the season at QB for the Vikings this year?

You may vote for more than one.
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby bbjay » Sun Mar 05, 2006 8:34 am

Daunte had 1 bad season.  Remeber last year, if it weren't for Manning having the best season ever as a quarterback, Duante would have stolen all of the attention from him.  Daunte had argueably the 2nd best ever season by a QB last year.  He'll be back, it would be a mistake to get rid of him.
75% of the time..it works every time.
bbjay
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby NDSportsFan » Sun Mar 05, 2006 8:47 am

If you put anything into what Sid Hartman say's, and I try not to.  Then Culpepper doesn't want to be in Minnesota anymore after the Love Boat thing, and the new personnel guy they hired has close ties to Drew Brees who's an unrestricted free agent.  I like Culpepper, but can he run Childress's offense?
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby bbjay » Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:16 pm

Didn't Pepp offer to give is bonus back to help improve the team.  Sounds like he wants to be there.  At least that's the face he seems to be putting on.  Who know, its all about face and money in sports now anyway.  I hope he has the desire to be there, because he could go down as one of the best.
bbjay
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bbjay » Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:00 am

I can't believe we're about to sever ties with a 20 something quarterback in favor of an average late 30's aged QB.  Makes no sense.  We better get something good out of this.
bbjay
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby NDSportsFan » Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:10 am

It will be interesting to see how everything plays out with free agency and the draft.  They have lots of money to spend, lets see if Ziggy spends it like he says he will. 
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby 1337 » Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:23 am

bbjay wrote:I can't believe we're about to sever ties

I'm guessing Daunte's actions impacted that more than we will ever hear or read accounts of I would have to think.

It is indeed going to be very interesting. I for one keep refreshing espn.com!
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bbjay » Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:48 am

I'm with you there.  I've been on ESPN all day, don't want to leave it either.
bbjay
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndfan » Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:51 am

I think PA and Dubay were saying Baltimore and Miami were possabilitys. Even Oakland, all three teams need QB's my guess it won't get done tell later tonight, vikes probably make sure they can get the best deal possible. Who knows, it will be interesting though.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby NDSportsFan » Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:07 pm

KFAN's site usally has the latest news, I've been looking there.  They say they already have a deal with someone, but are trying to see if they can get more for him from Oakland.
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndfan » Sat Mar 11, 2006 5:32 am

HAHA John Clayton said it doesn't seem like teams wanna give up a SECOND ROUND pick for Daunte Cucumber. All give ya Drew Bledsoe for him haha. Titans were the new team i heard that was interested.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby DL-in-DL » Sat Mar 11, 2006 1:56 pm

If the Vikes aren't going to get anything more than a 2nd round pick, then why trade him. I think he's worth more than a 2nd rounder, maybe they could get a saftey or a d-lineman as well. I also was hoping they wouldn't trade him to Oakland because putting him and Moss together would be the dumbest thing a team could do, and the last trade they made with Oakland, they got jack in return.
DL-in-DL
NDPreps Starter

Postby DL-in-DL » Sat Mar 11, 2006 2:01 pm

But if the Vikes trade Daunte, I don't see who will be the quaterback of the future. Brad Johnson will last to the end of the year at best, and they will probably not draft a QB at 17, I see them taking a defensive player with their first pick
DL-in-DL
NDPreps Starter

Postby 1337 » Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:22 am

Like I predicted yesterday (in my head of course) was reported on ESPN today, if Brees goes to New Orleans, look for Miami to get back into the equation. It was also reported yesterday talks were picked back up between Oakland and Minnesota. Let's hope Brees goes to New Orleans!
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bbjay » Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:54 am

Culpepper to Miami for a 2nd ROUND PICK!  I knew it was coming, I'm still waiting for some big offseason moves with all this money we have.
bbjay
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby DL-in-DL » Tue Mar 14, 2006 3:48 pm

Will the Vikes ever make a good trade. They have all been favoring the other team. Hershal Walker, Moss, and now Culpepper, who ever is making these trades should be fired.

DL-in-DL
NDPreps Starter

Postby NDSportsFan » Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:08 pm

They'll probably go with Nall at backup I'm guessing.  The offensive line should be much better than the beat up crew they had last year.  Spend, Ziggy, Spend!!
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby 1337 » Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:14 am

Gus going to backup Johnson again?
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Football_Wrestling- X's 2 » Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:43 am

he couldn't step up to the plate the last 2 years whats different now. OOhh yeah he doesn't have Moss to make him look good now sorry I forgot. Let him go and stink up some other town for crying out loud, atleast the average 30 something QB seems to play for the love of the game and not the money or "Love Boat" parties. Nothing against Minnesota but maybe they'll get somewhere now.

Football_Wrestling- X's 2

Postby ND Scout » Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:08 pm

Ya i think its a good move for the Vikes but wat you said is wrong he had 1 or 2 bad seasons and made pro bowl the rest yes it was dumb about the boat but he is stiill a good QB
ND Scout
NDPreps Rookie

Postby DL-in-DL » Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:55 pm

Are you saying that Culpepper, the player who has fumbled more times per game that anyone in the history of the league (forgot about that didn't ya) and throws horrible passes under pressure and in clutch situations, should be kept. Name one big game that Culpepper won. Can't really think of one can you. He let them to one NFC championship game with a team that still had a lot of talent left from the 98 squad that went 15-1. But didn't he lose that game 41-0 the the GIANTS! Good move Vikes, hes gunna do nothin in Florida, maybe one good season.
DL-in-DL
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndfan » Wed Mar 29, 2006 6:12 pm

I'd take Cucumber as quarterback before I take Brad Johnson. It doesn't matter though who is qb in Minnesota. They have a bunch of 2nd string running backs on the roster. Bunch of third string WR's no #1, the offensive line is a little improved but you couldn't get any worse then it was, only better. The defense has a lot of question marks to it. Weak linebackers and overrated corners. Not gonna be a great year for Viking fans.

Glad to be a Cowboys fan

:D
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby ND Scout » Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:04 pm

Actually i said it was a good move for the vikes but i guess you missed that didnt ya and he had one of the best seasons all time when peton manning threw for all those td's but i guess you missed that too, ya he fumbles alot but that is the line fault to for not blocking  and yes i agree he is not good under pressure
Last edited by ND Scout on Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ND Scout
NDPreps Rookie

Postby DL-in-DL » Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:16 pm

ya he started the season great two years ago, but what happened at the end of the season? he started to fall off, and the team followed. don't say it was because moss was hurt then got traded because they went like 2-1 or 3-1 without him. I honestly thought Culpepper had turned around in '04 after all of his struggles, but last year just proved it wrong. he started the seson with like three 5 td games and led them to the playoffs where they won one game against the pack, but that was his only true good season. he will never do that again. and you cant compair him to manning because manning is an all around better qb. he's smarter and not only did he outplay culpepper in '04, he out played the league again last year. it's not a good comparison between those two. thats like comparing Fred Taylor to Emmitt Smith, ones incomsistant while the other was consistant through out his whole career.
DL-in-DL
NDPreps Starter

Postby ND Scout » Fri Mar 31, 2006 2:52 pm

I didnt compare them i said he had a great season that year but was overshawdowed by Peyton im thinking you dont know how to read because thats too straight posts youve had and their both wrong about something i said
ND Scout
NDPreps Rookie

Next

Return to Open Topics - Sports and other things