Tubby Smith to Minnesota

Talk about the world of sports here. And also a sub-forum to talk about anything else.

Postby andy_7 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:58 am

just read the article from espn.com

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=2808406
andy_7

Postby DeuceTrey » Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:01 am

that seems highly unlikly, but it would be sweet. maybe he can put some life back into that program. they have been struggling recently.
DeuceTrey
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby andy_7 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:08 am

just read the article on espn. sounds pretty real
andy_7

Postby bballfan_05 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:24 am

Looks like Tubby is going to have his hands full turning that program around.
bballfan_05
NDPreps All-State

Postby Number7 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:43 am

I am stoked about hearing this, but I dont know what Tubby is thinking.  Leaving one of the most notorious basketball schools in the country (who has never missed the tourney while at Kentucky) for near-cellar dwellers of the Big 10.  The only way to go for Minnesota is up and Tubby will only be a catalyst for that process, but I just dont see the desire to leave a team who was an 8 seed and lost to the soon-to-be national champion Kansas Jayhawks int he second round for the Golden Gophers. Great pick up for the U of M and should be interesting to see how this helps their recruiting.
"Pressure makes diamonds"
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby GFRR99 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:06 pm

Number7 wrote:I am stoked about hearing this, but I dont know what Tubby is thinking.  Leaving one of the most notorious basketball schools in the country (who has never missed the tourney while at Kentucky) for near-cellar dwellers of the Big 10.  The only way to go for Minnesota is up and Tubby will only be a catalyst for that process, but I just dont see the desire to leave a team who was an 8 seed and lost to the soon-to-be national champion Kansas Jayhawks int he second round for the Golden Gophers. Great pick up for the U of M and should be interesting to see how this helps their recruiting.

tubby had to much pressure on him because all the fans expected him to make the final four year in and year out and he wasnt getting it done. he could tell kentucky fans wanted a change but hes a great coach nontheless
GFRR99
NDPreps All-State

Postby unc2 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:33 pm

Im glad the gophers picked up tubby, i dont know if he will turn them around right away but he deffinatley will be a big factor on that team in the future
unc2
NDPreps Starter

Postby project-pat » Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:39 pm

unc2 wrote:Im glad the gophers picked up tubby, i dont know if he will turn them around right away but he deffinatley will be a big factor on that team in the future

Hopefully it will bring some good recruits in, I'm sure players will want to play for Tubby and it will bring in some pretty good players.

Congrats on hittin 100 unc2, your movin up in the world, one post at a time, haha
project-pat

Postby unc2 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:45 pm

Ya im climbing up there ha ha
unc2
NDPreps Starter

Postby power-aid14 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:55 pm

is adam hunt from dunseith going to tubby smiths team or crookston or some other college?
flippin idiot
power-aid14
NDPreps All-Conference

Return to Open Topics - Sports and other things