MN Twins

Talk about the world of sports here. And also a sub-forum to talk about anything else.

Postby project-pat » Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:28 pm

Mauer07 wrote:Im sure you did but I dont have to agree with your feelings tho haha

haha true, but that's just the way it is
project-pat

Postby knights4 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:31 pm

it's not really that i hate the yankee's, i just hate their managment, coaches, fans, players(especially that derek jeter), pilot's, bus drivers, bat boys, concession stand employee's, security guards, field grooming people guys, sponsers, and secritaries. but that's it
Last edited by knights4 on Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Yeah I called her up, she gave me a bunch of crap about me not listening to her, or something, I don't know, I wasn't really paying attention."
-Harry Dunn
knights4
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby project-pat » Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:33 pm

dude, you can't hate derek jeter, he's the real MVP, he deserved it over Morneau, Jeter can do anything, best player in the game case closed.
project-pat

Postby Mauer07 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:36 pm

Really the only person I like from the yankees are Derek Jetter and Joe Torre. They are real class acts and very good role models. One of the sweetest plays I have seen was when Jeter dove into the seats and got all bruised up and a cut one his eye but I know it is hard to say that Morneau should of not deserved it because they have Mauer and Santana and a very good pitching staff but look at what the yankees have...
You can't measure the heart of a champion
Mauer07
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby project-pat » Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:38 pm

Mauer07 wrote:Really the only person I like from the yankees are Derek Jetter and Joe Torre. They are real class acts and very good role models. One of the sweetest plays I have seen was when Jeter dove into the seats and got all bruised up and a cut one his eye but I know it is hard to say that Morneau should of not deserved it because they have Mauer and Santana and a very good pitching staff but look at what the yankees have...

no, the sweetest Jeter play was...against the A's, ran all the way from short and made that sweet flip pass to Posada for the out
project-pat

Postby Mauer07 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:41 pm

ya well we can pretty much say that every play jeter makes is good haha
Mauer07
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby rep » Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:41 pm

personally i think matsui has jeter beaten for class act. when he got hurt last year i thought he was going to cry at his press conference, he was pretty disappointed he was going to miss...what...six weeks? i never thought he would pan out to be much, with the track records of most japanese hitters failing (ichiro being the only other exception?) but he is good.
rep

Postby project-pat » Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:43 pm

Mauer07 wrote:ya well we can pretty much say that every play jeter makes is good haha

agreed
project-pat

Postby knights4 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:47 pm

project-pat wrote:
Mauer07 wrote:Really the only person I like from the yankees are Derek Jetter and Joe Torre. They are real class acts and very good role models. One of the sweetest plays I have seen was when Jeter dove into the seats and got all bruised up and a cut one his eye but I know it is hard to say that Morneau should of not deserved it because they have Mauer and Santana and a very good pitching staff but look at what the yankees have...

no, the sweetest Jeter play was...against the A's, ran all the way from short and made that sweet flip pass to Posada for the out

that was the worst play i have ever seen, only because he made it, i am so happy my man morneau beat him out for mvp, jeter shouldnt have been second mauer had better stats. the mvp voting should have been #1 morneau, #2 mauer, #3 santana, #4 nathan, #9999999999999999999999999 jeter  
Last edited by knights4 on Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Yeah I called her up, she gave me a bunch of crap about me not listening to her, or something, I don't know, I wasn't really paying attention."
-Harry Dunn
knights4
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Mauer07 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:49 pm

Hey I am a HUGE Twins fan but you have to give credit to Jeter for what he has all done
Mauer07
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby knights4 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:53 pm

i wouldnt be hatin on him so much if he wasnt so overated how can anybody say he had a better season than morneau thats rediculious, mauer also had a better season than him, i would have honestly put him 4th behind those 2 and santana
-Harry Dunn
knights4
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby project-pat » Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:57 pm

knights4 wrote:i wouldnt be hatin on him so much if he wasnt so overated how can anybody say he had a better season than morneau thats rediculious, mauer also had a better season than him, i would have honestly put him 4th behind those 2 and santana

I don't think hes overrated at all, he deserves every good thing said about him
project-pat

Postby knights4 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:01 pm

he is a good player but to be considered for mvp with less than 20hr and 100rbi's, if the team wasnt so stacked around him his stats wouldnt look so good he has protection all around him in the lineup, they dont walk him like they do to morneau.  
-Harry Dunn
knights4
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby project-pat » Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:04 pm

I did some thinking, and the award is most "valuable" so I would probably say Morneau was more valuable to the twins than jeter was to the yankees, but I would still say that Jeter is a better overall player than both Morneau and Mauer
project-pat

Postby knights4 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:12 pm

1st of all i love your quote. but it's hard to judge that because offensivly morneau is better besides butting and base stealing, but jeter plays the most important position and is pretty good at it, and morneau plays 1st which i think he's is also very good at, but you have to give the nod to jeter because he plays the more demanding position but overall i still say morneau
-Harry Dunn
knights4
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby project-pat » Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:16 pm

knights4 wrote:1st of all i love your quote. but it's hard to judge that because offensivly morneau is better besides butting and base stealing, but jeter plays the most important position and is pretty good at it, and morneau plays 1st which i think he's is also very good at, but you have to give the nod to jeter because he plays the more demanding position but overall i still say morneau

that got me confused, first you say its jeter, then morneau, then jeter again, then you finish by saying morneau is better haha,
project-pat

Postby knights4 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:19 pm

ya sorry, jeter=better defense, morneau=better offense

morneau= better overall player
-Harry Dunn
knights4
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby project-pat » Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:20 pm

knights4 wrote:ya sorry, jeter=better defense, morneau=better offense

morneau= better overall player

ok thats easier to read, but still wrong

Let's just agree to disagree.
project-pat

Postby knights4 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:23 pm

good enough for me
-Harry Dunn
knights4
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby project-pat » Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:25 pm

knights4 wrote:good enough for me

thanks for the argument, that got me alot closer to 1000
project-pat

Postby knights4 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:27 pm

glad to do it
-Harry Dunn
knights4
NDPreps All-Conference

Previous

Return to Open Topics - Sports and other things